Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:32 PM

1,213 posts, read 1,627,302 times

Advertisements

Wow! Looks like the new tough on illegals laws recently passed in Arizona are working! Although most of the illegals that left Arizona and Oklahoma just moved to Texas, apparently some went back home.

Quote:
A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.
At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

Legislators from Mexican State Angry at Influx of...Mexicans (Wizbang

Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,098,159 times
Where is Carlos Slim when we need him.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:35 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,014,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Wow! Looks like the new tough on illegals laws recently passed in Arizona are working! Although most of the illegals that left Arizona and Oklahoma just moved to Texas, apparently some went back home.

Quote:
A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to say Arizona's new employer sanctions law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.
At a news conference, the legislators said Sonora - Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns - cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools it will face as illegal Mexican workers here return to their hometowns without jobs or money.

It can be distilled down to one word:

Those knuckleheads flying the Mexican flags at their so-called illegal immigrants' 'rights' rallies 2 years ago did little except wake up a sleeping giant--------the United States of America.

And; we are on a roll.......state after state is cracking down on the illegals and their enablers----------now, the Feds are starting to swing into action.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:51 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,299,349 times
Oh, the irony...

Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,887,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post

Quote:

Friggin' hypocrites. They made their bed, now they must lie in it! These are their own citizens! What a joke, I hope we laugh those legislators back to where they come from - but not before billing them for what their citizens have cost our citizens.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:56 PM

493 posts, read 632,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Friggin' hypocrites. They made their bed, now they must lie in it! These are their own citizens! What a joke, I hope we laugh those legislators back to where they come from - but not before billing them for what their citizens have cost our citizens.
This is funny...I think a lot of us knew they didn't want their lower class back, well...we Americans should be worrying about taking care of our poor (in a sensible way...not just giving people money, but helping them work to achieve the American Dream)...Mexico is getting a wake up call

Old 04-03-2008, 02:12 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,503,336 times
Quote:
"Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems" it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and sending money to their families return to hometowns in Sonora without jobs, she said.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:16 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,086,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
This is funny...I think a lot of us knew they didn't want their lower class back, well...we Americans should be worrying about taking care of our poor (in a sensible way...not just giving people money, but helping them work to achieve the American Dream)...Mexico is getting a wake up call
What is the AMERICAN DREAM? Please enlighten me, I'm sure there are a lot of Americans wondering the same thing.

I don't know about how Sonora Mexico is feeling, but when you refer to them as lower class, we have some lower class in this country that maybe Mexico would trade with us.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,014,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
What is the AMERICAN DREAM? Please enlighten me, I'm sure there are a lot of Americans wondering the same thing.

I don't know about how Sonora Mexico is feeling, but when you refer to them as lower class, we have some lower class in this country that maybe Mexico would trade with us.
Side note here:

Many of the resident Mexicans in Sonora, etc. are not happy with being inudated with those who originated from Chiapas, Oaxaca, etc. either.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:30 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,437,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Side note here:

Many of the resident Mexicans in Sonora, etc. are not happy with being inudated with those who originated from Chiapas, Oaxaca, etc. either.
I think this is the real problem, these Mexicans are not from the north.

We are also talking about decades of illegals (from all over SOB) trickling over the entire border and planting in Arizona. Now the reverse flow is a fire hose of people who are not from that region of Mexico.

It may be seen as crying, I see it as logistical planning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration