Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2010, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,742 times

Advertisements

It is reported that there is an estimated 11million illegals in the country ( BTW thats an 10yr old estimate- it could be more like 22million )

It is reported that at least 75% of the working age Illegal population are using fake or stolen SSN's to obtain doc's to work .

illegal aliens rarely steal Americans’ total identities (a victim’s full name, date of birth, and SSN) simply because doing so is more difficult and expensive. Instead, illegal aliens commit SSN-only identity theft by obtaining fraudulent Social Security cards in their own names, often with random numbers made up by dealers. However, since about half of all SSNs have been issued, there is a 50-50 chance that the SSN already belongs to another person. And even if the number hasn’t been issued, the Social Security Administration may later assign it to an infant, thereby giving a newborn an instant credit history, arrest record, and liability for back taxes.

Most (98 percent) Social Security number (SSN) thieves use their own names with stolen numbers. The federal E-Verify program, now mandated in only 14 states, can detect this fraud. Universal, mandatory use of E-Verify would curb this and stop virtually 100 percent of child identity theft.

NO social security numbers
NO (fake) identity
NO jobs
NO money
NO Illegals ?

So I say lets start with the Social Security Dept, hold them accountable. Lets protect Americans from Identity theft and cut out the employment of illegals!

Just imagine if illegals thought that it wasnt so easy any more to get fake Identity's. If they thought they could be caught at any time at their job for using a fake SSN. THEY WOULD STOP

Americans need to demand that the SSD clean up its act
Thats an "easy" Nonpartisan solution

Its a felony for goodness sake!
We are country of laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 09:46 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,295,173 times
I once read that the Social Security Administration isn't interested in providing the public with information about suspected identity theft. I read that about a year ago.

This isn't what I had originally read, but here is a good article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12157299

Another good link: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/03/op...xOehw9IUn7dyHA

Old 07-26-2010, 07:07 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,521,481 times
You can bet that as illegals retire, they'll pull out all kinds of social security cards and demand a social security check. How many are actually saving up for their retirement years? Not many. They're counting on an amnesty that will allow them to rob Americans of social security.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,742 times
We need to use the laws on the books to discourage these illegals

We can get rid of many illegals if we make it impossible for them to work.
The social security dept NEEDS to step it up !

SoEdible : I never use NYslimes or Msnbc as a accurate source for any of my information

Old 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,167,491 times
But but I though illegals were Honest hard working people....
I guess another myth has been debunked.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:39 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
But but I though illegals were Honest hard working people....
I guess another myth has been debunked.
Oh, but they are. They’re honestly working hard to fleece U.S. taxpayers.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 PM

286 posts, read 533,921 times
As I posted elsewhere, seven years ago my then three year old daughter's ssn was stolen. It took me three years to clean it up, hopefully it's back to being hers and not another's. I was told by the police dept it was probably taken by an illegal. Had I not been opening an account for her, I would have not known until she was 16 and trying to find a job.

They steal children's ids for the reason of it probably taking a few years to be discovered.

I can see an Obama like president taking any social security from her in the future to help the hard working illegals and give them what they deserve and taking anything she made with HER number too and giving it to them.

Get them out here and back to where they belong. Good hard working people don't steal, especially from children.

Last edited by funkykatt; 07-26-2010 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-26-2010, 09:01 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,515,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
As I posted elsewhere, seven years ago my then three year old daughter's ssn was stolen. It took me three years to clean it up, hopefully it's back to being hers and not another's. I was told by the police dept it was probably taken by an illegal. Had I not been opening an account for her, I would have not known until she was 16 and trying to find a job.

They steal children's ids for the reason of it probably taking a few years to be discovered.

I can see an Obama like president taking any social security from her in the future to help the hard working illegals and give them what they deserve and taking anything she made with HER number too and giving it to them.

Get them out here and back to where they belong. Good hard working people don't steal, especially from children.
You can bet, if amnestied, they will receive credit for all of their ill-gotten earnings.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:16 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,816,186 times
and all they have to say to escape prosecution for a FELONY is that they didn't "KNOW" it was a REAL SSN

Interesting info on this link regarding illegals and SS

Ask the Advisor: How Can Illegal Immigrants Legally Receive Social Security? (http://www.tscl.org/NewContent/102648.asp - broken link)

Oh, and btw - it was BUSH in 2003 that tried to get an agreement passed that would have seen former illegals now residing in Mexico able to claim SS as long as they could show they had worked in the USA (illegally - mind you) for only SIX years (whereas USC and legal residents have to work 40 quarters or 10 years to be eligible).

So it's not just one party hispandering our country away.

Last edited by Opyelie; 07-26-2010 at 09:25 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,295,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and all they have to say to escape prosecution for a FELONY is that they didn't "KNOW" it was a REAL SSN

Interesting info on this link regarding illegals and SS

Ask the Advisor: How Can Illegal Immigrants Legally Receive Social Security? (http://www.tscl.org/NewContent/102648.asp - broken link)

Oh, and btw - it was BUSH in 2003 that tried to get an agreement passed that would have seen former illegals now residing in Mexico able to claim SS as long as they could show they had worked in the USA (illegally - mind you) for only SIX years (whereas USC and legal residents have to work 40 quarters or 10 years to be eligible).

So it's not just one party hispandering our country away.
Yes, and that is the same with those who employ undocumented workers. The employers can just say that they didn't know, unless they have received the notice from the IRS about how the names and social security numbers don't match up. Even then, they get all that time to allow the undocumented person to work before they take action. Even then though, the IRS or SSA doesn't tell the employer why the social security numbers didn't match up to the name the illegal immigrant reported. The SSA and IRS don't really investigate that, so the employer can just be like, "We weren't told that they were undocumented."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration