U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 09:55 PM

12,375 posts, read 8,088,086 times
I have witnessed a man urinate against the wall of a police precinct in my area, and also behind my apartment building where they drink their beer after walking from the Home Depot down the street. The alley behind my building smells like urine and I keep my window closed in the summertime.

Illegal Immigration is 100% negative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 10:48 PM

1,267 posts, read 7,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I have witnessed a man urinate against the wall of a police precinct in my area, and also behind my apartment building where they drink their beer after walking from the Home Depot down the street. The alley behind my building smells like urine and I keep my window closed in the summertime.

Illegal Immigration is 100% negative.
Thats nothing, I saw a man in Mexico urinate on the road whilst facing traffic. Come over to Berkeley, the stirs smell of fecies and urine due to the homeless people just relieving themselves where ever they please.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:01 PM

38 posts, read 48,834 times
Default They immigrate to all communities eventually

I lived in Somerville, Massachusettes which is completly overrun by South Americans, I moved to Plymouth, Ma which it is starting to be infiltrated. My neighborhood is not but as I have stated my business is suffering because of them. They will go anywhere to get work. They have a negative effect. They rent apts and have 10 or more live there. pool the bills and send money they make here back to their countries

Last edited by Pmathkm; 04-04-2008 at 11:10 PM..

Old 04-04-2008, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Thats nothing, I saw a man in Mexico urinate on the road whilst facing traffic. Come over to Berkeley, the stirs smell of fecies and urine due to the homeless people just relieving themselves where ever they please.
#1. The original question asks: "do you live in an area dominated by illegals" and you post about what goes on in Mexico.

Well I live in Los Angeles, not Mexico and we're not accustomed to urinating on police precinct walls unless we're stinkfaced drunk. What they do in Mexico has nothing to do with this nation.

And you guys in Berkeley have always condoned people living like bums, so you're most likely fine with the homeless peeing and defecating outdoors, it reminds you of 60's commune living.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:04 PM

47,586 posts, read 32,237,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I wanted to ask what the illegal immigration scene was like in your communities (how much of a presence illegals have), and how they have positively or negatively affected your views of illegal immigration. How have you seen your community change from this?
Very high where I live. Negatively here because I think it's a very bad situation. You see people whose kids are left behind in Mexico, they may or may not send money back to support them but I can't see that parents living so far from their young children can be a good thing at all.

I've seen horrendous living conditions, downtown it's common for many illegals to rent floor space in a shabby run-down apartment, or 3 to 4 families living in one single-wide run down mobile home. Colonias with open latrines, workers sleeping in sheds behind barns that are neither heated or are anything close to being liveable.

Your chances here of being hit by a non-insured driver are extremely high. Property crime is very high and many people live behind bars and high fences. Carjackings and car thefts are of course very high and getting worse. The schools are not too good, bright motivated students are pretty much left to their own because all the resources must be put toward the unprepared students.

Lots of graffitti and gang problems. Not too much violent crimes however but the potential is there for that to become worse. Jobs for those whose primary language is English are few and far between, lots of discrimination against English speakers when it comes to jobs. Many "hispanics" whose first language is English are also out of luck because they may speak some Spanish but not to the liking of the Mexicans here.

Here there's a big lack of diversity. Other ethnic groups and races are pretty much ignored, not viewed as at all important, people are pretty much viewed as either Mexican or not-Mexican.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
#1. The original question asks: "do you live in an area dominated by illegals" and you post about what goes on in Mexico.

Well I live in Los Angeles, not Mexico and we're not accustomed to urinating on police precinct walls unless we're stinkfaced drunk. What they do in Mexico has nothing to do with this nation.

And you guys in Berkeley have always condoned people living like bums, so you're most likely fine with the homeless peeing and defecating outdoors, it reminds you of 60's commune living.
Am I facing some sort of bi-polar behaviour on your part? I was responding to what you were saying!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:31 PM

2,077 posts, read 3,970,638 times
Yes! LA... Land of Aliens!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brikag View Post
Yes! LA... Land of Aliens!
Yes.. Always has been.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Am I facing some sort of bi-polar behaviour on your part? I was responding to what you were saying!
You're not even American. British English spelling of "behavior".

Why post on a subject that you obviously cannot relate to on the same level as an American?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
You're not even American. British English spelling of "behavior".

Why post on a subject that you obviously cannot relate to on the same level as an American?
What?!?! LOL! I've already said this before. I'm an American of Mexican decent. Born and raised in California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration