Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2018, 07:12 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Do you want them in your village or town? Will you vote for the school budgets needed for that?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
So what you're saying is that we have no choice but to let them in, and let the efforts to deport them further overwhelm our immigration courts?
Yes lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I agree. If our government/military can't or won't do it because of political reasons and fears, then We the People need to head to our border and stop that mob ourselves. We've had enough of this "you f-ing Americans WILL care of us!" nonsense. Stay in your own country and make changes there.
And people like me will definitely be there to stop u.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2018, 07:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,631 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
An invasion force comes in many different forms. Every POTUS has sworn an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic. Trump takes his oath seriously. These invaders should be cut down in a hail of gunfire and fury the second they invade this land. Then we stack their lifeless bodies 50 high to make the border wall we so badly need.
What law requires women, children and men to be shot crossing the border?

That was my question.

What law. Thank you.

Old 10-22-2018, 07:28 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What law requires women, children and men to be shot crossing the border?

That was my question.

What law. Thank you.
Armies don't always come in uniform marching in ranks......

And if a notice is posted that the border is closed and warnings posted that those attempting to cross illegally "may be shot" who's fault is it when that's the outcome?

Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
An invasion force comes in many different forms. Every POTUS has sworn an oath to protect this country from all enemies, foreign or domestic. Trump takes his oath seriously. These invaders should be cut down in a hail of gunfire and fury the second they invade this land. Then we stack their lifeless bodies 50 high to make the border wall we so badly need.
These folk are not enemies. They are recruits...volunteers...want they and their children to become Americans and pursue the dream.

Not in any way suggesting that we must or should accept their offer. We should not however denigrate them for making it. Sort through and accept those with a real problem remaining and turn the others around.

And do it all in a kind and gentle way showing the basic humanity which we hold dear.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:01 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,339,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
These folk are not enemies. They are recruits...volunteers...want they and their children to become Americans and pursue the dream.
That's funny, every time I see the march going by on TV they aren't waving American flags, but the flag of their home country, from which they are supposedly fleeing in fear.

There were even two of the caravaners seen burning an American flag with a swastika spray painted on it.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:22 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Yes

Yes lol

You are not going to do anything. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is President TRUMP. You are all talk, go put on your antifa leotard and parade around ranting. You have already lost and don't know it!

Old 10-22-2018, 09:15 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You are not going to do anything. There's a new sheriff in town and his name is President TRUMP. You are all talk, go put on your antifa leotard and parade around ranting. You have already lost and don't know it!
Neither is anyone else here. If a citizen is caught shooting someone coming across the border, that us MURDER. What are you going to do? Shoot men, women and children? How christian of you.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
I guess it really just boils down to one's own humanity, in how they interpret the Statue of Liberty and what America means to them and how they wish for the u.s. to portray to others around the world in other countries.

The Immigrant's Statue

"Connections drawn between the Statue of Liberty and immigration were not always positive. Nativists (Americans who opposed immigration) linked the Statue to immigration most starkly in political cartoons critiquing foreigners' threats to American liberties and values. They portrayed the monument as a symbol of a nation besieged by pollution, housing shortages, disease, and the onslaught of anarchists, communists, and other alleged subversives."
_______

I do know one thing, people wouldn't come here if they were not desperate to live. Because any one who knows anything about the u.s knows, this is not the land of opportunity that is being sold to the masses. Only those who are truly desperate are the only ones that would even think about it. A move to the u.s., is just geography.
I do know this, the USA and its needs of 1875 are not the same today. We did many things in 1875 that we would never do today and rightly so.

Immigration should be and only be about the needs of our nation and our people.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Not in any way suggesting that we must or should accept their offer. We should not however denigrate them for making it. Sort through and accept those with a real problem remaining and turn the others around.

And do it all in a kind and gentle way showing the basic humanity which we hold dear.
Or
We can sort through them for anyone with a valid VISA and turn the rest around.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Yes

Yes lol

Worst how many have you sponsored or are willing to take into your own home and be financially responsible for?
None...

We need more judges and a quicker deportation system. I would have no issue with chipping illegals.

The last part.
No you wouldn't. Very few will stand in front of an armed militia for a bunch of strangers. That armed militia isn't likely to happen either, because talk is cheap and very few people are willing to go to prison for murdering women and children.

Liberals are big on acting like social justice warriors but really not so good on following through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration