Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 09:50 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times

Advertisements

While I sympathize with all kinds of people, the real issue is America needs to stop importing poverty. We can't afford it.

In 1963, President Lyndon Johnson launched the War on poverty with the goal of eliminating poverty in the United States. Since that time, the U.S. has spent over $11 trillion on anti-poverty programs, providing cash, food, housing, medical care, and services to the poor and near poor. Today, the government provides a generous system of benefits and services to both the working and non-working poor. While the government continues its massive efforts to reduce poverty, immigration policy in the U.S. has come to operate in the opposite direction, increasing rather than decreasing poverty. Immigrants with low skill levels have a high probability of both poverty and receipt of welfare benefits and services.

The current influx of poorly educated immigrants is the result of two factors: first, a legal immigration system that favors kinship ties over skills and education; and second, a permissive attitude toward illegal immigration that has led to lax border enforcement and non-enforcement of the laws that prohibit the employment of illegal immigrants. In recent years, these factors have produced an inflow of some ten and a half million immigrants who lack a high school education.https://www.heritage.org/immigration...es-book-charts

42 percent of the children of Hispanic immigrants are born out of wedlock. Hispanic immigrants thus make up a disproportionate share of the nation's poor.

What IS going to happen, and IS already happening in America is we can no longer afford these programs for our poor.
The more poor immigrants that come, the fewer programs we can afford. This is just numbers, and it's not meant to be offensive. It doesn't mean our people lack sympathy for Asylum seekers. It is what it is. It's just the truth.

We aren't the cat lady, with too many cats to feed, feces piles up around the house and sick cats that lack care because of overcrowding conditions. We can't have a hoarding problem, we have to take responsibility for our citizens.

Yes, it can be very sad, but the reality is we have little choice. We can't keep immigrating poverty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 12:42 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
People from south America often pay more than 3K just to ride in a coyote's stifling truck and then be dropped in the desert climate of south Texas with no legal status and no water.

You must have education and marketable skills? People without specific job training and upper level skills have no legal path, unless they can apply for asylum and prove they are specifically targeted by their governments for violence.

South/Central Americans with no education and no skills besides a willingness to work have no path to citizenship. None. No matter how many years they wait in Mexico/somewhere south of here for legal status to begin the citizenship process.

I don't know what to do about the problem, but I do know enough about it to say, for those who are coming over illegally, there is no legal path for them. So it makes specious your argument that they should all just do what you did, which is come legally.
Tell that to my Colombian wife, a legal immigrant who went through the whole process. Tell that to the many friends I have in and from assorted latin American country's, including Mexico who are legal residents of the US. There is a way in LEGALLY! Oh, these are not well educated people either.

That is just a pure BS line to make people feel sorry for the illegal freeloaders.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:57 AM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
I think all sponcers and legal immigrants should place a class action suit against the USCIS for all the time and money spent going through the process. Only seems fair since these bleeding hearts want these freeloading illegals to just waltz right in unchecked and without putting a dime in the system. Just take, take, take!

Old 11-02-2018, 06:44 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I remember when illegals used to have to pump out an anchor baby before being allowed to stay. Now they just bring illegal minor children with them.

There was a disgusting CNN interview with a DACA leader who claims that after she gets amnesty and citizenship she should have the right to sponsor her illegal parents, and she can't respond to how her parents are basically being rewarded for their crime. Maybe that's argument that DACA people shouldn't even become citizens at all!
DACAs should never be rewarded citizenship. They should never be allowed to sponsor relatives to come here. Take away the carrot.

In fact, we should end family-based immigration for all categories except for spouses and minor children. Period.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
I don't know what to do about the problem, but I do know enough about it to say, for those who are coming over illegally, there is no legal path for them. So it makes specious your argument that they should all just do what you did, which is come legally.
If there's "no legal path" for them, then they shouldn't get to come here. You are not entitled to jump over a border fence or swim across a river because the US told you "no." What kind of crap is that?

"No legal path." Waaaaaaah. That's probably because they aren't wanted or needed.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:52 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,187,379 times
Communist radicalized leftists don't care about the needy American citizens and all the homeless and the homeless veterans on the streets who need Care and housing....the Communist radicalized left puts illegal immigrants from other countries before its own citizens. Please get out and vote prevent these radicalized Maniacs from getting into power.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 11-02-2018 at 07:39 AM..

Old 11-02-2018, 08:49 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:

South/Central Americans with no education and no skills besides a willingness to work have no path to citizenship. None. No matter how many years they wait in Mexico/somewhere south of here for legal status to begin the citizenship process.

So if somebody doesn't qualify for citizenship is OUR problem? And why is it a "problem" in the first place?

Old 11-03-2018, 05:02 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
My parents are LEGAL immigrants of color and we DESPISE illegal aliens. I used to live in Maryland before returning to the Deep South and it was Martin O'Malley giving in-state tuition to illegal aliens while raising countless taxes that got me politically engaged. I continue to be a Republican, conservative activist today back in Louisiana though I don't feel any of the political anger here since most of my fellow Southerners except for some in the black community who are engaged in racial politics tend to be conservative.

So glad that Louisiana has Voter ID laws and that illegals don't qualify for tuition assistance here and they shouldn't. Louisiana was founded by diverse groups including the Cajun French, Irish, Italians and Germans who all came LEGALLY. Nobody here denies that we are descended from immigrants, but ILLEGAL immigration is widely despised by everyone around me, all my family members, all my friends and neighbors and people in church (who regularly pray for Border Patrol and ICE agents and for President Trump).

I have friends of Mexican descent and friends who are legal African immigrants who are Trump supporters and feel the same as I do. No, we don't care about the tear jerking images played up by liberal media following the caravan, because our sympathy and empathy goes to AMERICAN citizens FIRST, something the liberals will NEVER understand. My concern and sympahty goes to the Americans who will lose jobs once this illegal horde comes, the Americans who will be victims of crime, and the US taxpayers who will be footing the public assistance bill for them.

I am a proud, American and Southern born patriot. My parents were not born here but are LEGAL immigrants and our first loyalty is to the United States, not to any foreign nation or to our own racial group but to America as a whole. There are many white liberals who are globalists who put foreign nationals like the caravan and foreign interests before America like when they support trade agreements to redistribute American wealth to the Third World.

I am NOT an world citizen. I am an American citizen.
EXCELLENT post. So very proud to call you a fellow countrymen. Compadre!! stay well.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:12 AM

9,456 posts, read 5,216,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually, they are illegal aliens according to our immigration law lingo. It's not just about not having the money to apply to come here legally it's mostly about the fact that we don't need these millions of poor, uneducated and unskilled foreigners and that we have annual quotas for legal immigration. As for their anxiety and stress worrying about being deported well those who break the law of course will worry about being caught. It's the same thing for American law breakers. Don't break the law and you won't have to live in fear.
We have - wait for it - FEE WAIVERS!! Fill out the income worksheet, request a fee waiver. It's that these folks are ignorant, uneducated and have no help or incompetent help when they try to file the proper paperwork. As I said on another post, their failings do not create an obligation on the part of the United States of America to allow them entry into our country or to care for them! No. and NO.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:29 AM

8,043 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Quote:
. Their spirit is what makes the country great.

You mean that spirit where they are carrying and flying the flag of Honduras as they march here to demand entrance to our country without any respect for our border or our rule of law? That "spirit"? Yeah, that's great spirit.

Personally I think American citizens, and those from other countries who chose to respect our laws and come here legally, leaving all loyalty to their former countries behind and assimilate, are what make this country great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration