Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 03:45 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful-Thang View Post
I think comments like this are silly and counter-productive.
Not only that, it perpetuates the ignorance, prejudices, and stereotypes that we are still facing in 21st century United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 03:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful-Thang View Post
I think comments like this are silly and counter-productive.
Unfortunately; advertising alcoholic beverages to specific cultures that are known for alcoholism is unethical------at best.

According to Thomas Sowell; the noted sociologist, Irish people (at least in the past) were 25 times more likely to suffer from 'alcohol psychosis' compared to Jewish people.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; advertising alcoholic beverages to specific cultures that are known for alcoholism is unethical------at best.

According to Thomas Sowell; the noted sociologist, Irish people (at least in the past) were 25 times more likely to suffer from 'alcohol psychosis' compared to Jewish people.
I forgot where, but Native Americans are more prone to become Alcaholics. Is it true? who knows.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:24 PM

164 posts, read 516,801 times
Quote:

"More likely" and "prone" are completely different than saying "are".

"...Mexicans are raging alcoholics," is different than saying "some Mexicans are alcoholics".

Old 04-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
I forgot where, but Native Americans are more prone to become Alcaholics. Is it true? who knows.
Probably for the same reason that a lot of American Indians are more prone to diabetes; alcohol is fermented sugar.

Remember too that most Mexicans are at least part Indian heritage so they likely share the same risk.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
Default Steps

One of the reasons America has been successful is due to the fact its people respect the rule of law. The reconquista map absolut vodka used in their ad is only half of the problem. It is not only the southwest that is in dander of being overrun and out populated by a culture that does not value the rule of law. The rest of the United States is in danger as well. If Mexico were to annex those states it would become just as lawless and broken as the rest of Mexico. The immigration that is already happening throughout the rest of the US would continue to explode. Regardless of how large Mexico becomes, her corruption and lack of respect for law is why her people are escaping to the United States.

Americans must take practical steps in voting for candidates that are for strong borders and cracking down on employers who hire illegals.

I hope to raise my children in California that is underneath the American flag and all of the blessings that come from our law and culture. I am happy to live beside immigrants from all over the world that come here legally and love our great nation.

I will take every step within my power to restore our border and renew respect in America's law.

Old 04-06-2008, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Probably for the same reason that a lot of American Indians are more prone to diabetes; alcohol is fermented sugar.

Remember too that most Mexicans are at least part Indian heritage so they likely share the same risk.
Yet.. Hispanics and Asians live longer

Old 04-06-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice&Law View Post
One of the reasons America has been successful is due to the fact its people respect the rule of law. The reconquista map absolut vodka used in their ad is only half of the problem. It is not only the southwest that is in dander of being overrun and out populated by a culture that does not value the rule of law. The rest of the United States is in danger as well. If Mexico were to annex those states it would become just as lawless and broken as the rest of Mexico. The immigration that is already happening throughout the rest of the US would continue to explode. Regardless of how large Mexico becomes, her corruption and lack of respect for law is why her people are escaping to the United States.

Americans must take practical steps in voting for candidates that are for strong borders and cracking down on employers who hire illegals.

I hope to raise my children in California that is underneath the American flag and all of the blessings that come from our law and culture. I am happy to live beside immigrants from all over the world that come here legally and love our great nation.

I will take every step within my power to restore our border and renew respect in America's law.
Are you some sort of politician?

Old 04-06-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice&Law View Post

I agree with all that you say with the exception of the sentences that I marked in bold.

Frankly; it would not surprise me to see Mexico (or at least the northern Mx states like Nuevo Leon) annexed by the USA in the not so distant future.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
I am a world history teacher and a concerned citizen that is observing America's culture shift before my eyes. As much of the immigration issue is beyond our control, we should take steps that are within our sphere of influence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration