Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:22 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it's even more than that. Politicians get big bribes I mean donations from the CEOs of big corporations and obviously the CEOs want cheap labor, the more desperate the better. Desperate workers make for submissive workers who won't ask questions, won't report to OSHA and raises never need to be given when workers live in fear that the boss will just order up some more truckloads of illegals.

I seriously doubt that the politicians for some reason just care about the poor downtrodden citizens of some other country when they obviously don't care about their own fellow citizens, but there are also some pretty sweet deals to make with the elites of Mexico that makes not offending or standing up to them the expedient thing to do.
So true. Hate to sound cynical, but does ANYONE out there honestly expect integrity out of legislators anymore? If so, please wake up. Those in high office CAN'T HELP THEMSELVES... they'll go for the money every time. That's what they do. It's how they GOT there. They left their principles behind years ago, because if they HADN'T, they'd never have been elected to office.

Don't mean to sound rude, but anyone DUMB enough to be disappointed by legislators 'selling themselves' is probably the same kind of guy who could get his heart broken by a hooker...because he found she'd been "cheating on him". Time to grow up.

That's the system we have, and what we're seeing is the type of people who rise to the top in that type of system, where EVERYTHING is for sale, including principles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2008, 11:28 PM

531 posts, read 1,744,113 times
That's the system we have, and what we're seeing is the type of people who rise to the top in that type of system, where EVERYTHING is for sale, including principles.

[+] Rate this post positively
So sad but true!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:56 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well....people rob banks because they want a better life...should we let them?
That is very selfish thinking on your part.Have you thanked god lately?Imagine how lucky you are,any one of us could of been born in a poverty stricken country.I bet your opininon would change then.You have no idea the struggles some of these people go through everyday.Let's start with hunger,clothing,education,housing etc...No they don't have to come here i am not trying to justify that but on the other hand us fortunate ones should take time to thank god for not being in that situation.A lot of us take things for granted and forget how lucky we are and that things could be worse.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:58 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flburgos View Post
That is very selfish thinking on your part.Have you thanked god lately?Imagine how lucky you are,any one of us could of been born in a poverty stricken country.I bet your opininon would change then.You have no idea the struggles some of these people go through everyday.Let's start with hunger,clothing,education,housing etc...No they don't have to come here i am not trying to justify that but on the other hand us fortunate ones should take time to thank god for not being in that situation.A lot of us take things for granted and forget how lucky we are and that things could be worse.
Are you referring to Sub Saharan Africa?

You surely are not referring to Mexico or even (97% White) Argentina-------both of those countries have a per capita income over $12K a year. That ain't poor by world standards.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:09 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,877 times
HAHAHAHA OP. Nice post!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:36 AM

582 posts, read 2,039,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Are you referring to Sub Saharan Africa?

You surely are not referring to Mexico or even (97% White) Argentina-------both of those countries have a per capita income over $12K a year. That ain't poor by world standards.
That is the problem,whoever said mexico?The thread is about coming to america for a better life whoever that applies to is what this is about!What i'm trying to get across is that we should be grateful for the things that we have.Millions of others would like to have the life we live here in america and we take that for granted.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:42 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,784 times
Quote:
That is the problem,whoever said mexico?The thread is about coming to america for a better life whoever that applies to is what this is about!What i'm trying to get across is that we should be grateful for the things that we have.Millions of others would like to have the life we live here in america and we take that for granted.
Isn't that the truth

Old 04-05-2008, 10:59 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Whoa...hold on there. There are rules. If these "poverty stricken" people want to come here--then let them do it legally. I have no problem with legal immigrants. Its the criminals who sneak over here illegally, and then think the laws dont apply to them.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
I am VERY grateful for the things I have. I am WELL AWARE of how we 'stand' in relation to the rest of te world (having been to some of it myself). And I SELDOM take things for granted. I know also, that as much as we're 'disliked', people obviously still want to come here and partake of what we have. MILLIONS do so, with our 'blessings', and we're happy to welcome them aboard.

I don't see what ANY of this, though, has to do with illegal immigration..which is not only illegal, it's a 'slap in the face' at the laws of this country, (the system of laws by which we were ABLE to become 'great)...AND, it's a slap at at anyone who has, or would LIKE to, come here legally. Can't I be a "good" person, and still be AGAINST illegal immigration?...or is that just not possible?..

Old 04-05-2008, 02:41 PM

164 posts, read 516,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I don't see what ANY of this, though, has to do with illegal immigration..which is not only illegal, it's a 'slap in the face' at the laws of this country, (the system of laws by which we were ABLE to become 'great)...AND, it's a slap at at anyone who has, or would LIKE to, come here legally. Can't I be a "good" person, and still be AGAINST illegal immigration?...or is that just not possible?..
Sure it is! I'm not sure that flburgos was implying that. He could have just meant to 'count your blessings' that you live here, not 'look the other way while the immigration laws are broken.'

I am very grateful I live here and do think I'm lucky. Doesn't mean things can't be improved a bit though. Especially on enforcing the law!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration