Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 06:37 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,924,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I remember mach50 asking anyone anywhere, to show a picture of an Illegal taking an American's job...no one could come up with one
remember?
Just look through all of the papers online when they have a story about another illegal alien raid and you will see what you asked for. By the way, how do you like the TROLLS that have joined with you in for your love of illegals and hate for Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
A living wage, that is the crux of the matter. Americans will do the jobs if they are paid what they wanted, and Illegals will work any job no matter what the pay.
Bingo. I am surprised that you even understand that they are scab workers and out to take Americans' jobs by working at slave wages.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
They are terrified of change and cling to the past. They also like to blame the problems of Wall street corruption -Iraq money pit and other things on anyone but their own goverment.

All their problems are "caused" by illegals as far as many go. It is sad .

When amnesty comes it will be a great day for civil rights.
The wall street debacle was caused by greed and the Congress and and all. Of course it didn't help that people were allowed to take out loans that they knew they could not pay for.

BTW, when or if amnesty comes then this country will be well on its way to becoming the third world nation you hope it does. Of course, then there will also be violence but that doesn't seem to bother you since all you care about is Mexicans or illegals as a whole who have no respect for our own country.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well when you rely purely on rhetoric and no facts it does make one look simple.. LOL
Bianca lacks facts so she spews pro-illegal rhetoric. Typical troll
Yers, you are right. She has shown a terrific lack of knowledge about which she posts.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
A living wage, that is the crux of the matter. Americans will do the jobs if they are paid what they wanted, and Illegals will work any job no matter what the pay.
Americans will do the job if they are paid what they are wanted....

It seems to me that asking to be paid enough to support yourself and your family is not out of line. Why should Americans be forced out of the job market in favor of people who will work for indentured servitude wages simply because they wish to be paid enough money to pay their bills?

Don't we all deserve that? A good day's pay for a hard day's work?

All people deserve that which is why people who want to work in this country need to do so legally. It is the only way in which they are protected under employment laws. Why do you people continue to post in favor of allowing a sub wage class group of people into the country? Do you enjoy the fact that America has an entire geopolitical group of people in this country willing to work for less than what it takes to live here? What kind of a person does that make you?

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
They only love people of Latino descent, preferably Mexicans. This I know since I am of Mexican descent. You again show how little you know.
And; in the eyes of MEChA et al-------------not all Mexicans (citizens of Mexico) qualify. The telenovela stars would not pass muster due to most of them being obviously Northern Euro White.

MEChA=KKK

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Pick crops sun up to sun down in 120 degree heat for minimum wage(if that)?

My grandma and my mother ,when she was young, did that.
You won't catch me dead doing it. Id rather make fries at Jack in the Box.
I picked cantelopes, tomatoes, and squash in the dead heat of Texas summer for years. Back then, it was a nice little paying job.

I wouldn't want to do it now, sunburn being a major factor, but when I was younger, it was a steady, good paying job.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:08 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Americans will do the job if they are paid what they are wanted....

It seems to me that asking to be paid enough to support yourself and your family is not out of line. Why should Americans be forced out of the job market in favor of people who will work for indentured servitude wages simply because they wish to be paid enough money to pay their bills?

Don't we all deserve that? A good day's pay for a hard day's work?

All people deserve that which is why people who want to work in this country need to do so legally. It is the only way in which they are protected under employment laws. Why do you people continue to post in favor of allowing a sub wage class group of people into the country? Do you enjoy the fact that America has an entire geopolitical group of people in this country willing to work for less than what it takes to live here? What kind of a person does that make you?
Illegal aliens are actively working at undermining everything we have done over many decades to ensure that American workers are paid a fair wage. They think of nothing except what will provide immediate benefit to themselves and their 'community'. Long term thinking is not their strong suit.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Illegal aliens are actively working at undermining everything we have done over many decades to ensure that American workers are paid a fair wage. They think of nothing except what will provide immediate benefit to themselves and their 'community'. Long term thinking is not their strong suit.
One might question weather or not they have pride as well.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:05 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Of course illegals can work for below minimum wage! They live 17 to a one bedroom apartment in violation of our housing laws, they use our hospitals and don't pay, they drive without bothering to buy car insurance and so forth. Do you understand why we have minimum wage laws in the first place? You seem to be advocating some sort of race to the bottom. What would your illegals do if we brought in millions of people from Africa who are so hungry that they will do the work for a loaf of bread? Then the shoe would be on the other foot and your illegals would be out of a job.
I've pointed that out before. What would all these pro-illegal people do if we started loading up military ships coming around the point with Somalians or Angolians who would work for a couple bucks a day. They would displace the current ones post haste. The tune would then change eh?

Once it impacts you, oh ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration