Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 09:12 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
They will not all be detained. DHS has rules and will likely release the majority. And if DHS tries to detain all they will get taken to court and lose. And children cannot be kept for long periods.
DHS rules. Not laws.
Tent Cities are already planned. Catch & Release is ending.
Quote:
The U.S. Navy is preparing plans to construct sprawling detention centers for tens of thousands of immigrants on remote bases in California, Alabama and Arizona, escalating the military’s task in implementing President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy for people caught crossing the Southern border, according to a copy of a draft memo obtained by TIME.
The Navy is Planning Tent Cities For Undocumented Immigrants

As the article explains, having tent cities on military bases means the media will never be allowed.
It's all good. It'll give liberals another reason to roll around on the ground gouging their own eyes out in outrage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 09:19 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
DHS rules. Not laws.
Tent Cities are already planned. Catch & Release is ending.

The Navy is Planning Tent Cities For Undocumented Immigrants

As the article explains, having tent cities on military bases means the media will never be allowed.
It's all good. It'll give liberals another reason to roll around on the ground gouging their own eyes out in outrage.
Detainees will sue to make DHS follow its own rules and will almost certainly win. And again you cannot detain children for long periods because of existing court decisions.

And the asylum lawyers will be all over it requiring proper treatment.

People like the Red Cross will also get involved and will provide testimony if the asylum seekers are not treated reasonably well.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:37 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I wonder about the same thing. I think we can look forward to seeing tent cities where they will be kept until cleared.
The media will provide a steady stream of weary looking adults and crying children.
In any event they can leave the country at any time. So it's up to them if they want to stay and hear the ruling (they know what it's gonna be).

Soon as word gets back that they are being retained until the hearing, the influx will slow way down. It won't take long.
I hope they are held till their final hearing too, but I suspect liberals will not rest until all the fake asylum seekers are released into the US to skip out on their hearings and to stay forever. Democrats are just hell bent on open borders.

We need to get rid of the stupid asylum laws, another thing democrats won't allow happen over their dead bodies. Maybe we just need to get rid of Anti-America democrats .

Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I hope they are held till their final hearing too, but I suspect liberals will not rest until all the fake asylum seekers are released into the US to skip out on their hearings and to stay forever. Democrats are just hell bent on open borders.
Nothing to do with liberals. DHS has rules and there are other court decisions. DHS has to provide good process which includes following their own rules.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Nothing to do with liberals. DHS has rules and there are other court decisions. DHS has to provide good process which includes following their own rules.
Who do you think imposed those rules in the first place, open border type Democrats mostly.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:08 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Ity is amazing how you continue to work a line after it has been demonstrated false or irrelevant.

No Illegal Aliens do not cost over 100 billion a year.

And no the last guy to try and scale a US border wall did not break both legs.

In fact he probably did it carrying 80 lbs of marijuana.
Quit crying and take a few of these leaches into your home and you'll be crying a different tune!

Put your money where your mouth is. MAGA 2020 !!!

Old 11-06-2018, 03:28 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So I assume the illegal aliens are going to be funneled to a checkpoint and then they'll all claim asylum even though none of them should qualify? I just hope they are not released into the country to never appear for their hearing rejecting their asylum.
They'll have to pass the credible fear interview first. If they do, they ARE released in to the country, to wait for their asylum hearing in 2 or 3 years (if that). Technically, they would get work authorization in the interim (so they are not working illegally). That's if they request asylum at a port of entry.
Trump is trying to put the kabosh on 'sneaking in' and then going to an asylum office and requesting asylum and I agree whole-heartedly with that approach.

You wonder why concertina wire and other physical measures hasn't been deployed before now. Oh, that's right, until now, no one cared much that people were just coming right on over!

Old 11-06-2018, 05:42 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
They need to string several layers of this all along the border.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:33 AM

62,953 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Heck of a lot cheaper than a multi billion dollar wall that can be defeated with a ladder.

Tough on wildlife though.

The concertina wire is only a temporary solution to the caravan that's coming. No time to build a wall before they get here. The double walls are the permanent solution and as I said no, they can't be climbed over with a ladder successfully or dug under. As I said, the last one who tried broke both legs. Here's the link that I forgot to provide in my previous post.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nia/944131002/

Old 11-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Quit crying and take a few of these leaches into your home and you'll be crying a different tune!

Put your money where your mouth is. MAGA 2020 !!!
Sure right after you put the cell in your garage and start maintaining a prison for the Feds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration