Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 09:05 AM

203 posts, read 108,293 times

Advertisements

I have been worried about illegal immigration and immigration in general since around the year 2000. Overpopulation and overuse of our country's resources is a real thing. Liberals seem to think the US government has soo much money that we can just throw at public schools and hospitals and health insurance companies to take care of everyone. Not to mention these liberal folks seem to think these groups actually deserve some sort of special treatment. I truly don't understand this way of thinking. We already have people who were born in this country poor who continue to have children they can't care for. Our tax dollars go to that as well.

Many liberals and democrats are intelligent people...how do they honestly think this makes sense? They continue to use that line of, give us your poor, your tired huddled masses line...this is not the same United states that it was hundreds of years ago. It is no longer sustainable and all these groups of poor impoverished people coming here are making it worse for other people. Why is US the go to country? They need to make their own countries better and there need to be other countries that can help.

Why do some people have so much sympathy towards immigrants leaving their own country to come here? When they get here they aren't necessarily doing much of anything. People seem to think oh but they come here and work hard. No, that's not always the case and you know it. Meanwhile we do have people here living in poverty and when they voted for Trump they were called things like stupid, white trash, redneck, hillbilly.

it's hard to even follow this country's agenda. I am just tired of hearing about how we need to help all these poor people from other countries when we have a hard time helping the people who are already here. We need to realize that we can't allow everyone to keep coming here because it will ruin the quality of life for people here already.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:13 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBridge781 View Post
I have been worried about illegal immigration and immigration in general since around the year 2000. Overpopulation and overuse of our country's resources is a real thing. Liberals seem to think the US government has soo much money that we can just throw at public schools and hospitals and health insurance companies to take care of everyone. Not to mention these liberal folks seem to think these groups actually deserve some sort of special treatment. I truly don't understand this way of thinking. We already have people who were born in this country poor who continue to have children they can't care for. Our tax dollars go to that as well.

Many liberals and democrats are intelligent people...how do they honestly think this makes sense? They continue to use that line of, give us your poor, your tired huddled masses line...this is not the same United states that it was hundreds of years ago. It is no longer sustainable and all these groups of poor impoverished people coming here are making it worse for other people. Why is US the go to country? They need to make their own countries better and there need to be other countries that can help.

Why do some people have so much sympathy towards immigrants leaving their own country to come here? When they get here they aren't necessarily doing much of anything. People seem to think oh but they come here and work hard. No, that's not always the case and you know it. Meanwhile we do have people here living in poverty and when they voted for Trump they were called things like stupid, white trash, redneck, hillbilly.

it's hard to even follow this country's agenda. I am just tired of hearing about how we need to help all these poor people from other countries when we have a hard time helping the people who are already here. We need to realize that we can't allow everyone to keep coming here because it will ruin the quality of life for people here already.
Once they get enough illegals into the country and get them voting democrat guaranteeing they can stay in power they will shut the door on illegals. Reverting back to their former position and the position of Trump now. Democrats aren't hard to figure once people understand how crooked they are and how everyone is a tool or a pawn in their plans. They will be back to locking kids in cages again and their media won't report on it. All according to plan.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:13 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Here's the agenda. They are either bleeding heart liberals who only deal in emotions rather than common sense, hire them for profit, want to import more Democrat voters or have ethnic ties to illegal aliens.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:18 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,161 times
Quote:
I have been worried about illegal immigration and immigration in general since around the year 2000. Overpopulation and overuse of our country's resources is a real thing (no it isn't, except maybe in select metro areas). Liberals seem to think the US government has soo much money that we can just throw at public schools and hospitals and health insurance companies to take care of everyone. (what you think liberals think and what they think are two separate things. Also, the federal government does not fund public schools) Not to mention these liberal folks seem to think these groups actually deserve some sort of special treatment. (I don't see anyone running on a special treatment platform) I truly don't understand this way of thinking. (A rare correct statement) We already have people who were born in this country poor who continue to have children they can't care for. Our tax dollars go to that as well.

Many liberals and democrats are intelligent people...how do they honestly think this makes sense? They continue to use that line of, give us your poor, your tired huddled masses line...this is not the same United states that it was hundreds of years ago. It is no longer sustainable and all these groups of poor impoverished people coming here are making it worse for other people. (Generally speaking, immigrants, including illegal immigrants, are net contributors to the economy) Why is US the go to country? (Because it is the richest country in the world) They need to make their own countries better and there need to be other countries that can help. (Telling the Yemeni refugee family being bombed into oblivion by US-supplied missiles to step up their game is not a realistic solution)

Why do some people have so much sympathy towards immigrants leaving their own country to come here? (Because they are human beings) When they get here they aren't necessarily doing much of anything. People seem to think oh but they come here and work hard. No, that's not always the case and you know it. (Again, generally speaking, immigrants, including illegal immigrants, are net contributors to the economy) Meanwhile we do have people here living in poverty and when they voted for Trump they were called things like stupid, white trash, redneck, hillbilly. (The US government should do a better job of helping these people, but its not like we are spending money on illegal immigrants at the expense of the rural poor so I don't know why you mention this)

it's hard to even follow this country's agenda. (for you, apparently yes) I am just tired of hearing about how we need to help all these poor people from other countries when we have a hard time helping the people who are already here. (So let's help them. That has nothing to do with immigration although I suppose you could argue that broadening the tax base by increasing immigration could help fund additional social programs to do so.) We need to realize that we can't allow everyone to keep coming here (I think everyone agrees on this point) because it will ruin the quality of life for people here already. (An argument strenuously made against the Irish, Jews, Italians, etc. in the past. Not buying it. If you want to get technical, the only people who really ruined the quality of life for the people here already were the European settlers)
Thanks for the rant.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:21 AM

203 posts, read 108,293 times
It just doesn't seem right. People have made it so that anyone who is against border control is racist. Would you let just anyone into your home? No, hell good luck getting into many towns, companies, colleges, private schools, country clubs, you name it in this country. This country is a good place if you're part of the 1%. Quite frankly it's not that great if you're not in this category and I don't see it getting any better. Now I get that some of these people are from violent countries and have no healthcare but that shouldn't be the US's problem and other countries need to help.

I personally don't want to see this country turn into North Mexico and I guess that makes me racist? If Mexico was poor white people then no I wouldn't want them here either.

Stop letting everyone and their mother in here. Some of us enjoy the country the way it is and want to keep it that way.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 AM

14,668 posts, read 14,629,286 times
We do need regulation as to who comes into our country, and we can’t just take everyone who wants in, but we’ve been demanding sensible immigration reform for years, which Republicans have ignored, and now we have this current mess.
I recognize them as the political scapegoat they are...people where I live are extremely anti-immigrant, yet we have very few here (outside of doctors and gas station owners). Republicans want to keep us focused on immigrants, to keep the population divided and distracted, and away from ways they are robbing the coffers for the billionaires who elected them.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:32 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:

Your post is reasonable and I agree with the points you make.

If the US borders are open and no checks on [people entering US, then the country lose control over their borders. Many people will come and reside in US and these results in US economy deteriorating.

The purpose of immigration is border control and to decide who will come to US and how many people US can allow coming and settling.

It is not only US but all countries in the world have immigration laws to control their borders and total population.

It is a very simple concept. It has nothing to do with racism.

The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882 (in the wake of similar California laws) was passed primarily because of the economic downturn and fears of cheap labor. Chinese could immigrate only if certified not to be of the laboring class.

Then in the 1920s strict immigration laws were passed as a reaction to the wave of immigration from the late 1800s. Much of these immigrants were from Eastern and Southern Europe, and there were quite a few terrorist attacks and bombings carried out by the first native born generation of these immigrants. The fear of revolution and terrorism was the big factor.

Now we have a welfare state and as borne out by statistics, the majority of legal immigrants and nearly all illegals who have native born children are on the dole one way or another.

Yikes.

You cannot discuss issue like this without being called nasty names. Countries have immigration laws for a reason. But some have to change it to something else, like, racism and discrimination, or white nationalism. By the way, nationalism is not white supremacist. lol

Things will never get resolved. Color me skeptical.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:33 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,283,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
We do need regulation as to who comes into our country, and we can’t just take everyone who wants in, but we’ve been demanding sensible immigration reform for years, which Republicans have ignored, and now we have this current mess.
I recognize them as the political scapegoat they are...people where I live are extremely anti-immigrant, yet we have very few here (outside of doctors and gas station owners). Republicans want to keep us focused on immigrants, to keep the population divided and distracted, and away from ways they are robbing the coffers for the billionaires who elected them.
What is "sensible immigration reform" according to you? Be specific. Quantify it.

There is no reform needed. Over 1 million people legally immigrate to the US every year. The truth is "reform" is to lower or remove the requirements which won't happen. No country in the world wants a mass influx of uneducated unskilled poor people. It's not good for anyone.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Virtue signalling. Helps them believe they're good people.

Old 11-12-2018, 09:37 AM

27,132 posts, read 13,424,152 times
A small minority on the left does not constutute most people.

The rise of Trump, populism movements and even Brexit clearly demonstate that most people are not okay with illegals or mass immigration, and borders are becoming an ever more important political issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration