U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2006, 10:44 AM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times

Advertisements

The correct version is the one that quotes the F.A.I.R. study:

"1 Today, criminal aliens account for over 29 percent of prisoners in Federal Bureau of Prisons facilities and a higher share of all federal prison inmates."

(Higher percentage but it's probably a more recent study.)

Old 12-21-2006, 10:57 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
criminal Aliens do not belong here, over half of those criminal aliens in prison are illegal. Others just run across the border to avoid prison.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:06 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Again we are not talking about ALL latinos, we are talking about ILLEGALS, why do you keep referencing all latinos in general?[/quote]

Ok well 10-20 million, no one has the ability to stereotype or generalize even that.

Old 12-21-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
criminal Aliens do not belong here, over half of those criminal aliens in prison are illegal. Others just run across the border to avoid prison.
I think American Citizens do that as well. LOL

Old 12-21-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This one is actually worded worse since it's the same figure used in most of the information we've posted above. The 27% is criminal aliens, not criminal illegal aliens.
That's a very good observation UB.. These guys who do stats and report stats can get a little cagey when presenting them

Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM

481 posts, read 807,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This post is so funny.

The Green River killer (Gary Ridgeway) killed 48 women between 1982 and 1984 and it took them, oh, 20 YEARS to catch him! The B.T.K. serial killer in Wichita (Dennis Rader) killed 10 women between 1974 and 1991 and it took them, oh, until 2005 to catch him!

So if an American citizen hits your car and drives away, they are going to catch him quicker than they catch serial killers??!!

I just can't stop laughing...
Might I point out that if an American citizen hits my car I can report the plate numbers. Now assuming it's not stolen I'll have direct access to this person. An illegal hits my car? Well I wonder if I'd ever find them?

And I find it interesting that you would compare traffic violations to serial killers.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
This thread is bad and hateful, IMHO. Perhaps I didn't read it thoroughly enough, or perhaps I didn't want to. These people are just looking for a way to get by in life.

I live in Arizona. I have had some of these people do work for me. They are neither drunk nor any of the other horrible allegations leveled at them. They do very good work at a good wage.

Now, are some of them illegal? I don't know. Was the guy who'd had a couple who ripped my fender off illegal? I don't know. Was the cop at fault who let him drive away after I pointed out he smelled like alcohol at fault? Probably, and the police officer was an American.

Honestly, I don't care for their system down there, BUT THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. Enough with the hate. How many of you celebrate the holiday season? No time for hate.

All I can say is that you better shred your bills and such. You never know when you might want your Social Security benefits. They're so willing to march for their "rights" here in the US. Why don't they go back to Mexico and change their nation instead of coming here and draining us of our livelihood?

Old 12-21-2006, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
It's never right for people to cross illegaly, but I never show any anger, contempt, or hate towards these people over the issue. But if you show a Racist, get the blank out of my country, and show no compassion then America looks like a rude country full of disrespectful individuals and that's what it will be.
So once they're here you just say "Oh well, you're already here so I might as well accept you!"? They're never going to stop coming until we make them. Eventually we will be Mexico.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I understand everyone is very pissd over illegal immigration but taking your frustration out on the people and not the issue itself is not the way to handle it!
Umm... the people commit the illegal immigration... I guarantee the people angry with the illegals are equally angry, if not more so, with the government. It's just that this thread is about the people. I don't know how you can't be angry with the person who commits the crime. If someone breaks into your house are you angry with the government that allows it or the person? The answer is both.

Old 12-21-2006, 05:30 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times
An 18-month joint investigation between federal and state law enforcement called Operation Crooked Highway has been cracking down on those who are selling drivers licenses to illegal aliens. In one incident a Pakistani illegal alien, Syed Abbas Parvez, was detained for transporting an illegal alien from Georgia with the explicit purpose of buying them a driver licenses

Tuesday, Officers in Murfreesboro led Bruce Conklin away in handcuffs. He and Teresa Jones are former workers at the drivers license station. They're charged with accepting thousands of dollars in bribes in exchange for providing driver licenses and drivers certificates to those who would otherwise be ineligible.

The owner of Winchester Driving School, Bryan Guess, is accused of bribing one of the examiners in exchange for drivers license or improper driving certificates for the school.

Two others are charged with selling improper driving certificates, and sixth person is charged with transporting illegal aliens to obtain the improper driving documents.

The sign at the private driver’s school was ironically written in Spanish. State law allows approved third-party businesses to administer the written as well as road tests for Tennessee drivers licenses.

Another part of Operation Crooked Highway charges Syed Abbas Parvez, alleged to be an illegal alien from Pakistan, with transporting another alleged illegal alien from Georgia to obtain a Tennessee license. $1,100 was reportedly paid to the school to receive fake proof of residency documents and a Tennessee drivers license.

Another party named in the indictment is Shun Gao who works at a Murfreesboro Chinese Restaurant under the name of Gordon. Gao allegedly paid the school approximately $32,000 in cash for third party certificates for around 50 clients.

You can see how easy it is for illegals to get Drivers License and documents to say they are Legal Immigrants.. just some cash is all you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or