U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-28-2006, 03:49 PM
 
597 posts, read 1,817,319 times
Reputation: 337

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
They do so b/c they're protected by the anonymity of the internet. Half of these fools wouldn't have the balls to say it in public. Yep. You also see them on craigslist in the Rant and Rave section spouting off racial slurs and their hatred towards the evil iilegal immigrants. Who needs white hoods these days when you can be a coward online.
Ya know why whites won't say in public what they say in private? This is because doing so can lead to physical, poltical, economic, and social harm, and even possibly litigation.

When the minutemen marched against illegal immigration in many cities, they were harassed and physically assaulted by thousands people who disagreed with them. When whites make racially insensitive remarks at work, they are almost immediately terminated. Trent Lott made a remarks at a birthday party to a man that was once a segregationist and despite the innocence of the context, this led to a political firestorm and he had to go on BET and apologize for his words and he lost his leadership position for several years. Making racially insensitive remarks will also cause whites to lose social status and be looked upon as a bigot.

This type of treatment happens to no other ethnic groups but whites. I could go on and on with examples, but if you've spent any time in this country and are not completely blind, I'm sure you've seen it. I'm not trying to defend or agree with any disgusting comments, but we need free speech for our society to function and thank God almighty the internet exists so people can vent their frustration, even if it is seen as bigotted--isn't that the point of free speech???

 
Old 12-28-2006, 03:57 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,948,673 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post

This type of treatment happens to no other ethnic groups but whites. I could go on and on with examples, but if you've spent any time in this country and are not completely blind, I'm sure you've seen it. I'm not trying to defend any disgusting arguments, but we need free speech for our society to function and thank God almighty the internet exists so people can vent their frustration, even if it is seen as bigotted--isn't that the point of free speech???
I think your argument is confusing. Yes there are whites unfairly treated for any racial provocation. But, then you agree that bigot racism could be tolerated when using free spech. Bigot racism in any form, such as free speech from white folks has caused white folks to be targeted as racist.

You can't expect to say things without self-control and then think you are invicible from a racial type label.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
 
597 posts, read 1,817,319 times
Reputation: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I think your argument is confusing. Yes there are whites unfairly treated for any racial provocation. But, then you agree that bigot racism could be tolerated when using free spech. Bigot racism in any form, such as free speech from white folks has caused white folks to be targeted as racist.

You can't expect to say things without self-control and then think you are invicible from a racial type label.
Just looking for equal treatment to be an idiot or equal treatment for using racially charged speech, no matter your race.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Artesia New Mexico
9 posts, read 35,013 times
Reputation: 14
Post if you hate the Spanish language stay out of NM

In New Mexico the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo gave us the right to continue in both Spanish and English. This is a bilingual state BY LAW. Our constitution is written in English and Spanish and we print up our paperwork in English, Spanish and Dine (Navajo). I am glad I live where people are not afraid of those of us with color. Kind of funny for some of us considering my land grant family got here in 1605 and the land was granted to us in 1692. Last time I checked, that meant us Spanish and Mexicans were here first. The border was to remain porous because not only are there tribes that have lands on the borders but families in NM have always had familia in Mexico.

Here's our land grant. We just sold it so Albuquerque can move west.
www.westlandnm.com (broken link)
www.suncalnm.com
 
Old 12-28-2006, 04:54 PM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,948,673 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeyba View Post
In New Mexico the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo gave us the right to continue in both Spanish and English. This is a bilingual state BY LAW. Our constitution is written in English and Spanish and we print up our paperwork in English, Spanish and Dine (Navajo). I am glad I live where people are not afraid of those of us with color. Kind of funny for some of us considering my land grant family got here in 1605 and the land was granted to us in 1692. Last time I checked, that meant us Spanish and Mexicans were here first. The border was to remain porous because not only are there tribes that have lands on the borders but families in NM have always had familia in Mexico.
Here's our land grant. We just sold it so Albuquerque can move west.
www.westlandnm.com
www.suncalnm.com
Everyone knows Mexico and Spain occupied this land before. This forum is based on Illegal Immigraition, and the former occupation of land has no real substance to illegal immigration, other than all parties have the capability of making mistakes. This does not mean their are no valid argument for illegal immigration, it only means they are not tied together very well. If you choose to explain why they are related, I will be happy to listen.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 05:32 PM
 
597 posts, read 1,817,319 times
Reputation: 337
Texas was lost to Mexico for what reason? Because they allowed mass numbers of white American immigrants who had no reason to assimilate into Mexican society flow to Texas for cheap land. The result--Texas fought and won independence. The eventual result was Mexico being enraged and not observing the independence of Texas and sending military to the new country and when the US intervened, it solidly beat Mexico and the result was the new territories of CA, AZ, NM, and TX. Ever since this time, in Mexico they teach their students about this unjust act of American imperialism, which helps you understand the resentment of the Mexicans of today and yesterday. Just a little history lesson for you guys.

So, what is the moral to this story? We are the Mexico of the 1830's--complacent to the invasion of our nation. We are allowing, if not downright encouraging, mass hispanic immigration from countries whose citizens have no reason to assimilate to our culture and don't share a common language. Agree or disagree, IMO this is reality. We're creating a nation our grandparents wouldn't recognize.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 05:44 PM
 
Location: 78218
1,151 posts, read 3,099,626 times
Reputation: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
We're creating a nation our grandparents wouldn't recognize.
Thank god. Illegal Immigration aside, that's a good thing. Unless ppl still want some folks to ride the back of the bus, lynchings and women being treated like second class citizens.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Nashville
63 posts, read 379,200 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinTennessee View Post
I'll just keep this short and sweet. I have lived in Nashville for two years and I love almost everything about this bustling city....... except for the damned huge population of illegals. I'm not a racist, I just have no respect for those that habitually break the law, and by living in this country illegally, these people are breaking the law with every step they take.

They are bankrupting our health care system and overcrowding our schools and jails, driving on our roads (usually drunk) with no insurance, and causing a host of other problems. I don't want any part of it.

Okay, so here's my question: where in Tennessee can I experience the luxuries of Nashville (incredible nightlife, usually pleasant weather, hot chicks, strong economy) without the constant presence of illegals?

Please help.
wow. I can't believe how much attention this thread is getting. I don't think anyone has actually answered the question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTinTennessee View Post
Okay, so here's my question: where in Tennessee can I experience the luxuries of Nashville (incredible nightlife, usually pleasant weather, hot chicks, strong economy) without the constant presence of illegals?
stay clear of antioch and you'll be fine.
go towards brentwood and franklin, obviously you'll have to pay alotta $$$ for homes there, its what keeps the illegals out and the professionals in.
nashville is not los angeles, I think your statemant was a little over-dramatized.
 
Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
 
311 posts, read 559,972 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
They do so b/c they're protected by the anonymity of the internet. Half of these fools wouldn't have the balls to say it in public. Yep. You also see them on craigslist in the Rant and Rave section spouting off racial slurs and their hatred towards the evil iilegal immigrants. Who needs white hoods these days when you can be a coward online.
I suppose you are calling all who disagree with you about ILLEGALS "fools," "cowards" and maybe members of the KKK?? I have even discussed my thoughts about ILLEGALS other places where people would actually know who I am (gasp) so maybe I fall into the "other half of these fools"??

I have never said I hated ILLEGALS, or that they were evil....they are criminals, but I don't hate them. I do not, nor will I ever approve of anyone breaking the law. I know the next verse: "But they are just trying to improve their life." I don't fault anyone for trying to imrove their life, its the way they go about it....Why would anyone coming here to improve their life proceed to have children before they can take care of them? That is not the way to improve your life. Oh, I forgot! It is the way....there is government help for you AND your children. Bingo! An ILLEGAL migrant is not a racial slur. It is a statement about someone breaking the law to come here. This thread is about ILLEGALS...
 
Old 12-28-2006, 11:25 PM
 
597 posts, read 1,817,319 times
Reputation: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
...wow. I can't believe how much attention this thread is getting...
Yup, you better believe it! This shows how passionately people feel about this issue and IMO this is going to be the overshadowing issue of the 2008 election, right up there with the Iraq War. This is because now people outside of LA are really starting to feel the effects of illegal immigration and the consequences that follow when we allow millions to cross our borders every year unabated. Americans are starting to wake up and realize if action is not taken now, our country as we know it will cease to exist and we will become a Latin American country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top