U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 04:16 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
Wow. This is unbelieveable. One remark and some people are already shooting threats at me. I've been called a "pinche gringo" uncountable times, and I'm sure many others have also been. This, though, is not considered racist?
I'm sorry that occured to you, and yes racial jokes happen to EVERY race. There is racism to white folks. But, since this forum is based on illegal immigration, we are talking about latinos immigrating illegally and its pro/con. I've grown up listening to Beaner and WetBCK Racial Slurs being thrown out on numerous occasions. Not to mention, the numerous racist jokes of Mexicans crossing the border. Racism is in every race, and happens to every race.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:20 PM

63 posts, read 374,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
You lost me. Know one here called you a "pinche gringo". Get some sleep.
I didn't exactly say that someone called me that in this forum did I?
You spelt "no" wrong. Maybe you need some sleep?

Just a suggestion

Old 12-29-2006, 04:24 PM

Tn06 you would have to admit that a drunk driving incident with illegal immigrants cannot cloud your mind as all illegal peoples making unsound judgements once coming to America in contrast to legal U.S. Citizens?

1,151 posts, read 3,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
I didn't exactly say that someone called me that in this forum did I?
You spelt "no" wrong. Maybe you need some sleep?

Just a suggestion
Yeah. I guess you're right I'm hitting the sack.

63 posts, read 374,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I'm sorry that occured to you, and yes racial jokes happen to EVERY race. There is racism to white folks. But, since this forum is based on illegal immigration, we are talking about latinos immigrating illegally and its pro/con. I've grown up listening to Beaner and WetBCK Racial Slurs being thrown out on numerous occasions. Not to mention, the numerous racist jokes of Mexicans crossing the border. Racism is in every race, and happens to every race.
Well said. I agree.
Finally some sense.

To me, the general thought of people entering the country illegal is definatly wrong, and something has to be done to prevent it.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:23 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,147,600 times
TN06 is correct. Over 75% of us hate Illegals this is not racist. To hate a particular race is racist. But to hate ppl who do not legally belong in this country is not a racist thing. There are more than latino illegals. They just bar the brunt of the back lash, due to moronic moves like saying we love america and deserve to stay. While holding a mexican flag and having no respect for our culture. Why should we respect them when they NO speak english, Til payday comes anyway. I respect any person that comes here legally. And learns OUR WAYS. For if they come here illegaly and try to force us to push 1 for English. Deport them they don't belong here now or ever. If you get caught here illegally Just 1 time you should loose any chance of getting here legally. And after so many years of this it is about time for our borders to become militarised. If someone crosses that border regardless of race creed or otherwise, without the proper papers than the military should be allowed to take any and all action nessasary for that person to be turned around or stoped in there tracks permanently. As long as a warning is given first. If they can't follow the proper chanels than it sucks to be them. Our borders are open to those that truely deserve it. Why let those in that don't.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:15 PM

597 posts, read 1,786,042 times
Dual citizenship, which Mexican Americans are now granted by Mexico since I believe '98, is just 1 of many reasons that we are to believe that many mexicans have no desire to assimilate in America. Dual citizenship is not true allegiance to this country.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Dual citizenship, which Mexican Americans are now granted by Mexico since I believe '98, is just 1 of many reasons that we are to believe that many mexicans have no desire to assimilate in America. Dual citizenship is not true allegiance to this country.
You can be both proud of your homeland and the United States with a dual citizenship.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:45 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
Racism of all forms is plain old stupid.

Any form of hate groups are equally dangerous. Saying a white hate group is more dangerous is completely off. Most white people dismiss white hate groups as stupid and irritating. Unfortunately, the 12 Lost Tribes of Israel (a group that sets up tables in Times Square) creates as much animosity as the KKK.

I had nothing to do with slavery or jim crowe. I wasn't around until 79. I grew up in a racially diverse community. I don't understand racism, and see no benefit to it.
I agree with your overall post, but have to clarify one thing... "creating animosity" is hardly comparable to the actions of groups like the KKK!! When I said DANGEROUS, I meant physically and actually causing harm to others. There are plenty of strong/big and wacky groups out there, from people of all races, but you rarely hear of others causing much physical danger. I know there are examples, which someone will undoubtedly want to respond with, but I'm talking percentages here! I think we ALL know what the KKK, Aryan Nation, Neo-N----, etc., have been known to do in both the past and present. That was my point.... oh, and I realize that most white (and other) people think these groups are crazy & extreme. I also realize that this doesn't justify anything, but I just get sick of hearing the "white people aren't treated equally" babbling - any rational person should understand the irony in that!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:56 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,452,271 times
P.S. It is a fact that white people can't get away with "racist comments" as easily, and that's mainly due to the history of bigotry. But who cares?? Since I don't feel the need to spew racial slurs, it really isn't a problem for me. I'm also not offended by silly "cracker" jokes, as I personally don't find that to be racist... I've been called REAL derogatory names (like k-ke), and there's absolutely no comparison in how they made me feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or