U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2007, 05:57 AM

405 posts, read 1,130,360 times

Advertisements

Although Lewis Farrakahn (sic) does spread much hate, he also tries to teach good. He preaches not to abandon your wife and children, not to have children out of wedlock, and not to abuse alcohol. I'm sure no one will dispute that these statements need to be made, and that if followed they would have a good impact on society as a hole.

------------

Did you hear about the Walmart contest (I think it was Walmart)? The first baby born in 2007 gets $25k. They went to award it to the winner, and found out she was an illegal alien (not from Mexico). The denied her the money and gave it to the next person to have a baby. The contest rules even said that you must 'be a legal resident' in order to win. Then they caved in under pressure and gave her the money anyway. Know why they caved? Because illegal aliens are Walmart's best customers!!

Any dissenting opinions?

Old 01-08-2007, 06:23 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyandMarried View Post
Although Lewis Farrakahn (sic) does spread much hate, he also tries to teach good. He preaches not to abandon your wife and children, not to have children out of wedlock, and not to abuse alcohol. I'm sure no one will dispute that these statements need to be made, and that if followed they would have a good impact on society as a hole.

------------

Did you hear about the Walmart contest (I think it was Walmart)? The first baby born in 2007 gets $25k. They went to award it to the winner, and found out she was an illegal alien (not from Mexico). The denied her the money and gave it to the next person to have a baby. The contest rules even said that you must 'be a legal resident' in order to win. Then they caved in under pressure and gave her the money anyway. Know why they caved? Because illegal aliens are Walmart's best customers!!

Any dissenting opinions?

It was Toys R Us not Walmart.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:41 AM

597 posts, read 1,786,042 times
According to just released figures from the Justice Department:
Illegal immigrants who were caught but released in the United States may have been re-arrested as many as six times, Justice Department data released Monday indicate. The findings ... are based on a sampling of 100 illegal immigrants arrested by local and state authorities in 2004, the latest complete data available. They show that 73 of the 100 immigrants were arrested, collectively, 429 times — ranging from traffic tickets to weapons and drug charges.
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/criminal_immigrants (broken link))

Yet more evidence that our immigration policy and current system are broken. How can we continue to allow this to happen???

Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 AM

405 posts, read 1,130,360 times
I can hear the slogans now -

"catch and release" - It's not just for fish anymore.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
According to just released figures from the Justice Department:
Illegal immigrants who were caught but released in the United States may have been re-arrested as many as six times, Justice Department data released Monday indicate. The findings ... are based on a sampling of 100 illegal immigrants arrested by local and state authorities in 2004, the latest complete data available. They show that 73 of the 100 immigrants were arrested, collectively, 429 times ranging from traffic tickets to weapons and drug charges.
(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070108/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/criminal_immigrants (broken link))

Yet more evidence that our immigration policy and current system are broken. How can we continue to allow this to happen???

I honestly do not think anything will happen. (Unless we get the President to read this forum!!) Or get it on the news. People are two PC, it has become a way of life. People are afraid of being sued for saying something that isnt PC. The ACLU and other organizations have been allowed to go to far with their suits. Nothing will be done, it is going to get alot worse. I love America, but what is being done to her is a disgrace, I vote, I do what I can but it wont change anything, the government has made it so we cant just get rid of them and start over, they are suppose to work for us, but they dont, they work for themselves and their bank account.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:24 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I honestly do not think anything will happen. (Unless we get the President to read this forum!!) Or get it on the news.
That won't happen. Remember our beloved commander in chief doesn't read the news.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:28 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,060,856 times
Quote:

------------

Any dissenting opinions?
It happened in NYC. Actually that was Toy r' Us. And the illegal was Chinese.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noljos View Post
That won't happen. Remember our beloved commander in chief doesn't read the news.
It isnt just him, it's the whole government, nobody there pays attention. From what I have heard even the new speaker has hired them to clean her house. The only way to make them listen is to NOT VOTE. No one anywhere come election day, that would get them all in a tizzy!! They would have to listen at that point, but it wont happen, most people just dont care anymore. They just keep buying into the politicians crap, it actually pains me to vote sometimes.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:48 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
1. Illegals standing on our street corners.
Does this bother you? They are not hurting anything.

2.Dumping Garbage on the Street
Yes, they need to work on that. They should receive a littering citation. But it's not going to kill anyone if they don't.

3.Pissing on the side of the building
Some of them don't have a porta-poty, it's not a huge deal.
If you couldn't find a porta-potty is this how you relieve yourself? Check out wehategringos.com. Then, tell me they respect us. You need to get out there with the ones that are not your friends. They are not here to appreciate our beautiful country they have not been taught respect.

Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Quote:
I can hear the slogans now -

"catch and release" - It's not just for fish anymore.
This was a good one. Made me laugh and oh how true!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or