U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:45 PM

1,393 posts, read 870,405 times

Advertisements

So, Guanabana13 is this what Mexico history books tell you. You need to be educated. Not the U.S.A. !!

Old 01-14-2007, 04:58 PM

77 posts, read 441,946 times
It's very simple.....MEXICANS belong in MEXICO!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:32 PM

11,023 posts, read 18,113,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frbenson View Post
You have no way of knowing whether ANY Mexican in Tennessee is a legal immigrant or not...and it's outrageous that you have the audacity to say that Mexicans are usually driving the roads drunk. I would prefer the company of ANY immigrant to the U.S. over a slug like you who enjoys Nashville because of its nightlife, pleasant weather, and hot chicks. You are a loathesome character.

Frank Benson

I live in south Miami.In Homestead there are alot of Mexicans,and while some that I have met have been polite,frbenson is right about the drunk driving.I've been rear ended,got out and saw the driver,he then took off on me....hit and run.

On New years eve,I was down there,a van pulled out in front of me almost hitting me....and both times I clearly saw the driver ,close enough to see their eyes and manner and they WERE drunk.Living here with a huge spanish population from different countries I can spot the difference in nationality also to know a Mexican....because they all wear cowboy hats for one thing...

Old 01-14-2007, 06:42 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,850,141 times
They are not criminals, they are humans like me and you. The spite shown towards these human beings is in incomprehensive and it deeply troubles me.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:14 PM

332 posts, read 338,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
They are not criminals, they are humans like me and you. The spite shown towards these human beings is in incomprehensive and it deeply troubles me.

dusesean we understand there humans, and since there humans, they should be human enough to know there criminals for crossing over the border "ILLEGALLY!"

Old 01-14-2007, 08:11 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,709,175 times
Gosh, just like the American immigrants coming into California illegally in the early 1840's,,, Darn them porus borders.

Old 01-14-2007, 08:25 PM

8 posts, read 4,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Gosh, just like the American immigrants coming into California illegally in the early 1840's,,, Darn them porus borders.
Actually we bought California from Mexico.

And only 50,000 people lived in the entire Southwest which we bought from Mexico. The majority of those people were White Spaniards.

Certainly not the third world, non-White, people we see flooding across today demanding "Aztlan" (Which is basically an EXCUSE of these people's inability to create a successful society. There is a reason every non-White "Hispanic" area of the United States is filled with CRIME, DRUGS, GANGS, and other social ills).

Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 AM

354 posts, read 762,104 times
Where am I to begin on this entire thread?

In response to the on-going debate about whether or not the Southwest was properly purchased from Mexico-- how many history books are written from the viewpoint of the "conquered"? Of course the several million dollar payment AFTER the war (in which Mexico had obviously failed) is used to justify the means. Its naive to believe that simply because funds were transferred that the land was acquired justly or respectfully. Don't be misled-- it was basically stolen from Mexico. Does that mean Mexicans should stake the claim today? Not unless their particular family occupied the land at some point.

As for who occupied the land at the time of Mexican cession, it was then-Spaniards (now they would be considered Mexicans) and Native Americans. Whether or not they were racially white is irrelevant, no? The point is that Spanish explorers had discovered the land, their descendents occupied it (not in any way different than western Europeans and the 13 colonies), and the Americans annexed it after a war of suspect intent.

Members of La Raza and supporters of Aztlan are extremists no different than the white supremacists involved in the KKK or like organizations. Don't judge the entire immigrant population on the few extreme Latinos.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 AM

77 posts, read 441,946 times
There should be a moratorium on legal immigration. How many more people can we crowd into our schools, hospitals, and onto our highways? Why are we the dumping ground for every Tom, Dick and Harry who wants a better life? If we are expected to open our borders to everyone, does that mean that eventually we will have to open our doors, too?

Old 01-15-2007, 12:44 AM

354 posts, read 762,104 times
Here's food for thought:

Next time you want to complain about the strains of immigrants (and from the attitudes of many on this forum, Hispanics in general), take the time to consider the comforts in your life. Who harvested your fresh vegetables? Which third-world country manufactured your apparel? How many child laborers produced your own children's toys?

While you are adamantly against all illegals and the negative effect of immigration, globalization, and diversity, you subconsciously support products of illegal immigrant labor and other impoverished peoples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or