U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:11 AM

63 posts, read 374,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guanabana13 View Post
WOW!! What a lot of ignorance on this thread. It seems pretty obvious that most of you haven't learned your history in school so I'm going to give you all a history lesson. PLEASE READ WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN BEFORE YOU BASH ME.

When the first colonists came over to this country in the 17th century we had only Native Americans living here. The colonists were the illegal immigrants. Now don't react to what I am saying just think about for a second. Over the years the illegal English colonists proceeded to systematically wipe out the Native Americans. Once the English controlled the eastern portion of the United States they bought the central portion in the Louisiana Purchase from the French. This land was also Native American land but was bought "illegally" and once again the Native Americans were kicked out.

Now you would think that would be enough right? But no. In 1849 gold was found in California so the English (now the Americans) decided they wanted the west coast too. Did any of you know that in 1849 California, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico etc. etc. etc. all belonged to Mexico? So because of manifest destiny the Americans simply started coming over to the west and squatting on Mexican lands. Squatting. Can there be anything more "illegal" than that? After a while to make sure the Americans would get all of these western states they provoked a fabricated war with Mexico over nothing, and stole California, Arizona, Oregon etc. for themselves in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. So the Americans stole the east coast illegally, the central U.S. illegally and the West coast illegally. Did any of you immigrant bashers actually know this? I know you probably think that because you have white skin that you are a real American but you are not. Your ancestors stole this land "illegally".

So before you make fun of immigrants and bash them, think to yourselves, in the United States who is really an immigrant? Aren't we all really "illegals" or immigrants except for the Native Americans?
That was then.This is now.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:05 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,590 times
I often wonder, if the Native Americans would have had the internet back in 1492, would they have conversations similar to this.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:45 PM

354 posts, read 761,717 times
I myself wonder if the Northern and Western European "natives" from the early 1800s had internet, would they have the same discussions about the unskilled, impoverished, non-English speakers from Eastern and Southern Europe, the Middle East, and Asia?

As they say, those that do not know history are doomed to repeat it... again and again.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,846,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
That was then.This is now.
Honestly, a very weak argument to a very detailed piece of writing.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:56 PM

176 posts, read 261,851 times
"So before you make fun of immigrants and bash them, think to yourselves, in the United States who is really an immigrant? Aren't we all really "illegals" or immigrants except for the Native Americans?"

That's a load of PC bull****. If you want to follow that twisted logic, then single-celled organisms were here first, so the land belongs to them and we're all trespassing.

My great grandparents didn't sneak into this country like thieves in the night. They went through the process to become Americans, LEARNED ENGLISH and assimilated to the culture.

Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:02 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudoshin1115 View Post
Go sell crazy somewhere else.
Question: This thread was "dead" for 9 months - why did you find it necessary to bring it back to life? You could have started a whole new one

Old 10-23-2007, 04:24 PM

13,755 posts, read 23,213,984 times
Thread had no reason to be reopened, it was dormant for over 10 months.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or