U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2006, 02:53 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
You folks are not treating these people like human beings with feelings, but rather an object with which you treat according to your desires.

If you and Movin'on like illegal mexicans so much, perhaps you all should move south of the border and take them all with you.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:54 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
If you and Movin'on like illegal mexicans so much, perhaps you all should move south of the border and take them all with you.
Well I would, but I'm already on their land. I do like human beings!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yes they are human beings and as such need to show us respect as well, which so far in my experience hasnt been much. I have no issues with those here legally and working hard to provide for thei families, I have issues with the ones that do show NO respect for the USA or our laws and just expect a free ride, something I am not even able to have.
Just curious how many Latinos have you dealt with? I live in California, I've dealt with probably over 300 Latinos in my life and no more than three have disrespected me or my country. More people on this website need to more concerned about this country's problem with racism, generalizations, and stereotypes.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:02 PM

211 posts, read 219,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Honestly, I don't care for their system down there, BUT THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. Enough with the hate. How many of you celebrate the holiday season? No time for hate.
Illegal aliens are involved in a disproportional amount of crime and gang activity.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot, our government is supposed to work for the citizens of our country, not Mexico's.

Perhaps you missed the huge rallies last May where millions of illegals waved the flag of Mexico, and other Latin American countries, while screaming that this was "their" land and taking down the American flag and replacing it with Mexican one?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNLove View Post
Illegal aliens are involved in a disproportional amount of crime and gang activity.

We're shooting ourselves in the foot, our government is supposed to work for the citizens of our country, not Mexico's.

Perhaps you missed the huge rallies last May where millions of illegals waved the flag of Mexico, and other Latin American countries, while screaming that this was "their" land and taking down the American flag and replacing it with Mexican one?
And you my friend are involved in a disproportional amount of stereotype.

Oh my goodness you saw what I saw!

30 million Mexicans, 3 Incidences!

No wonder this country has a problem with stereotypes, generalizations, and racism!

Old 12-19-2006, 03:09 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,152,577 times
Quote:

Oh no, I missed nothing. Unlike YOU, I live in a border state, and I still think you need to reconsider your screen name.

I like their burritos, I speak Spanish, and I even worked for a Mexican grower. Back in 1987, this company paid me far better than any American company would have, and they even gave me $1500 at my going away party.

So, somehow I think I understand their culture better than you do and I know it better than you do, as well.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:13 PM

211 posts, read 219,158 times
Quote:
Well I would, but I'm already on their land. I do like human beings!
Anyone that thinks Mexico has some kind of right to the Southwest is incredibly ignorant. Almost as ignorant as the fools that claim "the border crossed us."

Some facts, Mexico was independent for some 20 years before the United States bought the land from Mexico after the US-Mexico war. There was only around 1% of Mexico 1848 population, the majority of whom were White-Spanish settlers, not what we think of today when we think of "Mexicans."

So, the majority flooding into this country are Brown, and Mestizo. The indigenous tribes of Mexico _DID_NOT live anywhere close to this territory, the Aztec empire was in Southern Mexico.

So anyone who claims this is "Mexican land" is a total idiot. It's been American much longer than it's been part of Mexico. Furthermore, because of the culture of corruption in Mexico, had we not bought the Southwest from Mexico we would still most likely have millions fleeing across the border into the United States.

I can't stand such historical ignorance. Worst of the all, many of the people flooding into this country actually believe it.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:15 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Quote:
Just curious how many Latinos have you dealt with? I live in California, I've dealt with probably over 300 Latinos in my life and no more than three have disrespected me or my country. More people on this website need to more concerned about this country's problem with racism, generalizations, and stereotypes.
We have been in construction about 15 years so thousands had to deal and take plenty of there crap and jokes about us in spanish, they thought as I was just a dumb white girl as one called me, that I wouldnt be able to understand spanish, the crap they say about us made me sick and I live AZ there are plenty here, most are not saints.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:15 PM

9,716 posts, read 12,940,289 times
I think Tapatio hot sauce was a gift from the Mexicans... I think, once Tapatio gets exported all over the country, in the BIG bottles, some people will learn to appreciate the Mexican culture more.

Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 PM

4,247 posts, read 9,152,577 times
Quote:
Anyone that thinks Mexico has some kind of right to the Southwest is incredibly ignorant. Almost as ignorant as the fools that claim "the border crossed us."

Some facts, Mexico was independent for some 20 years before the United States bought the land from Mexico after the US-Mexico war. There was only around 1% of Mexico 1848 population, the majority of whom were White-Spanish settlers, not what we think of today when we think of "Mexicans."

So, the majority flooding into this country are Brown, and Mestizo. The indigenous tribes of Mexico _DID_NOT live anywhere close to this territory, the Aztec empire was in Southern Mexico.

So anyone who claims this is "Mexican land" is a total idiot. It's been American much longer than it's been part of Mexico. Furthermore, because of the culture of corruption in Mexico, had we not bought the Southwest from Mexico we would still most likely have millions fleeing across the border into the United States.

I can't stand such historical ignorance. Worst of the all, many of the people flooding into this country actually believe it.
And I am REALLY having a problem with your screen name, but that is my own personal issue.

You need to get a heart.

These people are human beings. We took their land, in the same way that we put (I think it was) chicken pox on blankets of Native Americans.

Now, I'm gettin' angry, but I am prepared to deliver as far as sources go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or