Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 06:52 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,465,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdizzle View Post
Yup, you better believe it! This shows how passionately people feel about this issue and IMO this is going to be the overshadowing issue of the 2008 election our country as we know it will cease to exist and we will become a Latin American country.
It will overshadow the War in Iraq in 2008. The second statement is a response to frustration and fear over illegal immigration.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:18 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeyba;234330/
Last time I checked, that meant us Spanish and Mexicans were here first. Here's our land grant. We just sold it so
www.suncalnm.com
I'm confused! Spaniards were there first? What about the "natives"?

What is a Mexican to you? When i think of a mexican or Mexico for that matter, it's usually a mexican national and Mexico as an entity!

So by your logic, it's ok for one european(spainiards) faction to "steal" land from natives but how dare another european faction "steal" land from a particular (spaniards) european faction but by all means claim they (spainiards) were here first to the other european faction.

Insanity!

Old 12-29-2006, 08:31 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
I suppose you are calling all who disagree with you about ILLEGALS "fools," "cowards" and maybe members of the KKK?? I have even discussed my thoughts about ILLEGALS other places where people would actually know who I am (gasp) so maybe I fall into the "other half of these fools"??

I have never said I hated ILLEGALS, or that they were evil....they are criminals, but I don't hate them. I do not, nor will I ever approve of anyone breaking the law. I know the next verse: "But they are just trying to improve their life." I don't fault anyone for trying to imrove their life, its the way they go about it....Why would anyone coming here to improve their life proceed to have children before they can take care of them? That is not the way to improve your life. Oh, I forgot! It is the way....there is government help for you AND your children. Bingo! An ILLEGAL migrant is not a racial slur. It is a statement about someone breaking the law to come here. This thread is about ILLEGALS...
Let's try this again. Wanting an illegal of any nationality deported and wanting someone to follow the law like I do, is not the same as hating someone. I don't recall saying that you hated anyone, as a matter of fact I don't even recall you at all until now that I'm rereading this whole thread again to respond to your post. My post was in response to dullnboring's response to nhyrnut's solution for an illegal wanting to escape through the front of the 800 mile Walmart. His solution was to put a bomb collar around a human beings neck so that s/he would be decapitated if they tried to escape. Remember you were worried that they would try to get out the front door. That is hatred. And if you reread my post you just quoted, I never said An ILLEGAL migrant was a racial slur. Again I said "ppl spouting off racial slurs and their hatred towards the evil iilegal immigrants." (and being the operative word here). I was speaking of two different things.

Try reading a post before quoting it.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:34 AM

To give a different, compassionate, perspective: Go to google: Type in Poverty in Mexico and Click Google Images: Click the First Photo: It's a World Bank Assessment of 2004 percentages of poverty in Mexico.

Then go back to google images...type in poverty in United States...click on the first photo...

You will notice a major difference! Just throwing that out there!

Old 12-29-2006, 08:42 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
And again Poverty in Mexico is our problem how? We need to keep paying for it? I dont see anyone giving us handouts. I think we need to be more compassionate to our own first and foremost, instead of handing things out to the illegals.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And again Poverty in Mexico is our problem how? We need to keep paying for it? I dont see anyone giving us handouts. I think we need to be more compassionate to our own first and foremost, instead of handing things out to the illegals.
I stated a different, compassionate perspective. Most people don't see poverty and individuals in despair, they only see illegal, criminal, alien...Poverty is a world problem. It's not our responsibility to take care of these people, but we have the ability to see the troubles of their homeland and feel sick to our stomach for them. For example, those folks out there who work around the construction business as an interior designer and possibly engage with Latinos.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:23 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times
Scenario:

If I have lets say 100 family and friends that I care and love, I would do pretty much anything to help them. Now lets say all these 100 friends and family have lost their homes or their homes just arent good enough to live in. They are homeless and have no place to live. They have no jobs either. I live in a rather nice but regular home. I have a family of my own already living with me. Can I take in 100 more people in my home? And support them and provide them food? No. It would be sad, but it would be near impossible. I would accept as many as possible, but there would have to be a limit.

There is what America is experiencing now.

The WHOLE WORLD IS SUFFERING. Not just Mexico. America can not accept and continue to exist as nation while it continues to import poverty. There are 100s of thousands of people attempting to enter the U.S. legally and we cant accept them all. How can we accept 12-20 MILLION people illegally??

You are kidding me that there are 20 million jobs in America that Americans wont work. What is happening is illegals drive the wages down. No, I can not support myself on minimum wage.

America used to be middle-class. That is fast disappearing. Its scary actually. Increasingly blue collar jobs are being shipped overseas, or are being taken by illegal aliens. Blue collar middle class jobs are now low paying minimum wage jobs. Ever drive thru an old mill town? People used to be able to support themselves and a family on that kind of living.

I vote America first over all other nations anyday!

Old 12-29-2006, 10:57 AM

311 posts, read 618,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Scenario:

If I have lets say 100 family and friends that I care and love, I would do pretty much anything to help them. Now lets say all these 100 friends and family have lost their homes or their homes just arent good enough to live in. They are homeless and have no place to live. They have no jobs either. I live in a rather nice but regular home. I have a family of my own already living with me. Can I take in 100 more people in my home? And support them and provide them food? No. It would be sad, but it would be near impossible. I would accept as many as possible, but there would have to be a limit.

There is what America is experiencing now.

The WHOLE WORLD IS SUFFERING. Not just Mexico. America can not accept and continue to exist as nation while it continues to import poverty. There are 100s of thousands of people attempting to enter the U.S. legally and we cant accept them all. How can we accept 12-20 MILLION people illegally??
With the legal immigrants there is a choice, with the ILLEGALS there is no choice (that we use), we are required to accept it.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:01 AM

11 posts, read 27,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What is really sad,America as a whole has let down each other.As an employeer:Americans won't show up reagularly,They want to live like a king with no experience,They sell and use drugs because the money is better,They think they are to good to work,The
few that do does not do quality work.
Bills still come in regularly,insurance is out of control,taxes are out of control.You want to blame and cry but businesses are what keeps this country in the middle of the road.Not the uneducated lower class workers.most are spending everything they can rake and scrape for drugs.What are we to do?We are winners in a world with everyone against us.
This is the placement for illegalls,They show up for work,work for less, fulfill the needs to keep the country moving.For we can't depend on this bunch of cryers.If they would go into business and work the illegals wouldn't be needed.Until America makes a turn around itself crying is only allowing it to get worse.
I was 18 working at a fast food restaurant for minimun.Advanced quickly to 2nd mgr.I jumped for an opportunity to lease a restaurant of my own.Now at 25 I am financially independant.If I can do it anyone can.I hire low class to mop floors,paint,haul trash,clean and do everything like this with my 26 businesses.Yes illegals waste almost everything they make for boos and will never get any better.
Until taxes are lowered,insurance is lowered,intrest rates are lowered,
gas prices are lowered,drug addicts are excacuted it will not get better.Our
low and middle class get off their lazy tale ends and gets to work.It will only get worse.If Americans pull their share of the load we all can win.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
I stated a different, compassionate perspective. Most people don't see poverty and individuals in despair, they only see illegal, criminal, alien...Poverty is a world problem. It's not our responsibility to take care of these people, but we have the ability to see the troubles of their homeland and feel sick to our stomach for them. For example, those folks out there who work around the construction business as an interior designer and possibly engage with Latinos.
Mexico is one of the richest of the Latin American countries. The wealthy enslave their own people and export their poverty-stricken to the US (and they hire Guatamalans to do their housecleaning, landscaping, etc. because the wealthy Mexicans say Mexican workers are lazy). I think Bush wants the same set-up here. Allowing illegal aliens to come into this country and depress wages for ALL Americans is a step in that agenda.

Mexico, take care of your own! One of the richest, if not THE richest country in Latin America, SHAME!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration