Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2006, 01:28 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,080,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
European illegals??? You are joking right? What, swim across the Atlantic, stowaway on a ship or airplane?
I've known undocumented alien residents from Germany, France, the U.K., China and India. It' more common than you realize.

The folks I have known usually come over on a work or study visa and if they drop out of their program at school, or the job ends, they just *stay*.

The U.S. is currently trying to deport ~40K Chinese illegal immigrants. I've seen figures for undocumented Chinese immigration listed as high as 100K per year.

Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM

512 posts, read 1,750,824 times
If legal immigrants come here, that is fine. They should assimilate to the American way of life. I don't expect Americans to go to Italy and change the Italian way of life.

Assimilation is the difference of these illegal aliens. They choose not to assimilate, do not learn the language, and break many laws (try and dispute that).

Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,467,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljaybird View Post
If legal immigrants come here, that is fine. They should assimilate to the American way of life. I don't expect Americans to go to Italy and change the Italian way of life.

Assimilation is the difference of these illegal aliens. They choose not to assimilate, do not learn the language, and break many laws (try and dispute that).
To hear this message in ENGLISH press 1 " welcome to america" You can't argue with these Liberals they just don't get it.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:52 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,453,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
I've known undocumented alien residents from Germany, France, the U.K., China and India. It' more common than you realize.

The folks I have known usually come over on a work or study visa and if they drop out of their program at school, or the job ends, they just *stay*.

The U.S. is currently trying to deport ~40K Chinese illegal immigrants. I've seen figures for undocumented Chinese immigration listed as high as 100K per year.
Very well stated, the over staying of the visa.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:57 PM

63 posts, read 401,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
And again Poverty in Mexico is our problem how? We need to keep paying for it? I dont see anyone giving us handouts. I think we need to be more compassionate to our own first and foremost, instead of handing things out to the illegals.
THANK YOU! Finally someone else mentioned it. Why should we care about Mexico when we have our own problems in America to deal with? We still have people living in poverty here.

Heres a real-life experience that happened to me about 2 weeks ago. This made me dislike illegals: I was at a busy intersection, green light for me, looked twice both ways, hit the gas, and out of nowhere a truck comes flying at me and hits me. He gets out of the car, which by the way had 3 other passengers, and doesnt speak English. I called the cops on my cellphone, but the cops that were sent didn't speak Spanish, so I had to wait another 15 mins for a Spanish-speaking cop. When the cop finally came, it turned out that the man was highly intoxicated along with his buddies, had no ID, the car wasn't in his name, and had no permanent address or phone number. He was released without any questioning, and I filed a report.

Thank God I had insurance.

Last edited by tn06; 12-29-2006 at 05:32 PM..

Old 12-29-2006, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
This made me hate illegals
It doesn't matter the situation, this is a racist statement. I'm not the moderator, but I shall report you if this hate language is spoken again. Better phrased: I am discontent with illegals in my country because they are unable to communicate with me and conform to the American ways. I'm not angry, only seek justice, this is the 20th Century and we should be able to recognize respectful language.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:05 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,327,313 times
Oh I get it. If 4 drunk ppl from one race hits your car or does you wrong, hate all of them. Got it!! Thanks tn06.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:08 PM

Good point Nol. I know plenty of 'gringos' who have driven under the influence. Anything and Everything can happen in any race, legal resident or illegal resident. Americans have problems with stereotypes, generalizations, and racism.

Old 12-29-2006, 05:11 PM

63 posts, read 401,980 times
Wow. This is unbelieveable. One remark and some people are already shooting threats at me. I've been called a "pinche gringo" uncountable times, and I'm sure many others have also been. This, though, is not considered racist?

Old 12-29-2006, 05:15 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,327,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn06 View Post
Wow. This is unbelieveable. One remark and some people are already shooting threats at me. I've been called a "pinche gringo" uncountable times, and I'm sure many others have also been. This, though, is not considered racist?
You lost me. Know one here called you a "pinche gringo". Get some sleep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration