Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2006, 01:03 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How is not agreeing with you hard headed? Are people suppose to take your feelings and opinions as gospel? your right we are wrong? opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one.
Oh yeah, and this is a mature comment?? LOL! I was actually using that "a-s-s" in response to this, which I thought was pretty silly...

Old 12-30-2006, 01:04 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,670,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Once again, how do you know what they're thinking? I've never had anyone demand or expect anything from me, though they're often grateful to learn I speak Spanish. But until they know, I'm usually spoken to in broken English, since I look extremely white. And as for companies desiring bilingual employees, that's simply good business sense. Most other countries speak mutiple languages, and ALWAYS cater to english-speakers, btw. Anyway, blame the government & corporations if you must, but don't blame the people... maybe some of them refuse to "blend", but that really isn't the majority. As for healthcare, I don't know enough about that to debate. But I do know that plenty of U.S. citizens take advantage of the system, and I don't like paying for them either.
how do you know it isnt the Majority, have you met them all? they do expect from you, your tax dollars to help support. If a person wants to learn another language it should be their choice, not an expectation.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, and this is a mature comment?? LOL! I was actually using that "a-s-s" in response to this, which I thought was pretty silly...
Hey it's true!!! And I wasnt calling anyone an ass, just a phrase most I know use when describing opinions.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:06 PM

Quote:
When did I say hate? What is logical about assuming they are all here to do good, as many have said? I dont assume they are all here for good or bad, but to me good doesnt include draining the system and expecting us to give. we go by personal experiences, we form an opinion.
Yes, but your opinion seems to cover ALL Latino immigrants, both illegal and legal... debate the issues, not the people's character. That's where the "hate" comes in, and your prejudice toward this particular group becomes clear. Now, I'm not necessarily using "you" to mean you specifically - since I honestly can't recall everything you've said on here. But I'm speaking about the attitude I commonly see, where you could basically substitute the word "illegal" for "brown-skinned person/Mexican/etc.". If you can't see the underlying bigotry in those types of comments, you're probably in denial.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Hey it's true!!! And I wasnt calling anyone an ass, just a phrase most I know use when describing opinions.
As was I... haven't you heard the expression "to assume makes an a-s-s out of you and me?" That's what I was going to write, but thought it would be too lame... so I just highlighted the important word, and figured you'd get the point.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:08 PM

We can go on and on about this forever, if you want to keep paying for them great fine, me personally nope. We all take our experiences and form opinions. Thats life. BTW, I have never said anything hateful or mean to any of them, or called them anymore than illegal on this forum,so direct your hate else where.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, but your opinion seems to cover ALL Latino immigrants, both illegal and legal... debate the issues, not the people's character. That's where the "hate" comes in, and your prejudice toward this particular group becomes clear. Now, I'm not necessarily using "you" to mean you specifically - since I honestly can't recall everything you've said on here. But I'm speaking about the attitude I commonly see, where you could basically substitute the word "illegal" for "brown-skinned person/Mexican/etc.". If you can't see the underlying bigotry in those types of comments, you're probably in denial.
ha, there is the generalizing of me!!! you are lumping me into the crowd of people that have said they hate all latinos!!! I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT!!!!!! I dislike when illegals come and abuse the system!!!!!!! are we clear? I DONT CARE WHAT COLOR THEY ARE!!!!!!!! doesnt matter. Americans abuse the system, I AM SICK OF THEM ALSO!!!!!!! I work with plenty of latinos, that make me laugh on a daily basis, they are kind and funny and those I love to be around. It is the ones that say disrepectfull things about me and my country that I Cannot tolerate.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:13 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
Please, go on with the discussion refraining from personal debates or this thread will be closed. Thank you.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 PM

Quote:
We can go on and on about this forever, if you want to keep paying for them great fine, me personally nope. We all take our experiences and form opinions. Thats life. BTW, I have never said anything hateful or mean to any of them, or called them anymore than illegal on this forum,so direct your hate else where.
LOL. Yeah, I hate you sooo much. Anyway, I have to get going... but you can keep paying for the legal welfare abusers, and I'll keep paying for the illegal immigrants. Deal? Funny thing is that I haven't paid for anyone, since I've only filed taxes once or twice (no I'm not an evader, quite the opposite actually). But I will be doing them next year, and if I understand correctly, you can't choose how they're allocated anyway... since I'm forced to pay for an unjust war, others can pay for things they don't agree with too. That's part of being an American.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:14 PM

Quote:
As was I... haven't you heard the expression "to assume makes an a-s-s out of you and me?" That's what I was going to write, but thought it would be too lame... so I just highlighted the important word, and figured you'd get the point.
My husband says it all the time, but if one assumes how does it make the other an ass? he never could answer that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration