Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 PM

19 posts, read 75,430 times

Advertisements

Illegal aliens are a problem throughout Arizona.
Unfortunately, most of the legal citizens just complain and don't do anything about them.
I salute Sheriff Joe.

It's winter now.
It's not too hot to get your bumpkin off the couch and out in the street to protest.

The Phoenix city council needs to know that the illegal day laborers who have taken over certain areas are NOT welcome.

Apply pressure.

Our schools are overcrowded.
Our hospitals are failing.
Our desert is being desecrated.

Old 12-16-2006, 07:01 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
Its no wonder why so many people from L.A. move to Scottsdale, Chandler etc.

Eventhough its 120+ degrees its mainly white suburbs.
Well, I guess I'd like to think better of our new California neighbors than to believe than that is their sole motive. Actually, from the California neighbors I have (all of them!) I have learned that they reason they came here was job opportunities, lower housing and living costs, and weather. The proximity to relatives and friends and the familiar sprawl culture of Phoenix appeals to them as well. I haven't heard anyone say to find white neighborhoods. One of the good things I can say about Californians I have known is that they are decent fair-minded people and not a bunch of bigots. They grew up and lived with diversity and truly appreciate a reasonable amount of it.

Jobs, cheap housing, and sunshine have driven the growth here since day one. The cheap housing is not what it used to be, but is still a bargain compared to the Golden State. The job outlook is excellent and the sunshine is predictable. I fully expect the California invasion to continue or even expand. Interestingly, it is not just white Californians coming, but Hispanics and illegals too. From what I have read, the only group not emigrating from California in droves is Asians and non-Hispanic immigrants.

Last edited by Ponderosa; 12-16-2006 at 07:11 AM..

Old 12-16-2006, 07:28 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
It's been a problem when i lived there in '95 to '97 over on the west side of Phoenix. I'd go to the junk yards on Buckeye to get some parts and there would be "illegals" living all through-out those junk-yards. All one would have to say is "INS" or "Border Patrol" and they would get nervous as heck! It was a funny prank to pull on 'em!

There'd be "bums" always hanging out in the park by 35th Ave and Roosevelt that were always from L.A. looking for work!

I could go on and on.

Old 12-23-2006, 09:09 AM

989 posts, read 5,925,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
All one would have to say is "INS" or "Border Patrol" and they would get nervous as heck! It was a funny prank to pull on 'em!

The INS changed their name, it's called ICE now.

Maybe because too many of us were shouting "INS, INS!" Hahaha...

Old 12-23-2006, 09:20 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montevista1 View Post
Is Illegal Immigration a problem in Phoenix?
Just saw in the paper that the most popular name for male babies born in the Phoenix area this year was Angel.

Old 01-01-2007, 06:02 AM

96 posts, read 275,624 times
Default posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Is that a serious question? Of course it is we are on the border.
NEA1, I have read some of your posts and agree with you whole heartedly. The immigrants that are here illigaly are not here to become
citizens or contribute to AMERICA . If they want to take a shortcut to be citizens why don't they join the military and aid in protecting what we have instead of destroying what we have. The immigrants that came in the past came to better them selves and AMERICA, look at what they have gained for us all.
What I don't understand is why don't the legal immigrants turn the illgal
immigrants into INS. By not doing this are they not guilty of giving aid and
comfort to the enemy? I don't really know. If all the negatives that I read on this chat site is true and I think that it is in most part, the illegals are an enemy to our ways . The AMERICANS that take part on this site should not
make excuses for the legals.
Excuse any typo's or misspelling's as I have very little education. When other's were in school I was working at age 15 to put a paycheck on the table due to a bad situation with my father's health. At 18 I was in the military for four years, sent home alotment checks.
I could go on and on but I think that you get my point. Thru the year's my father lived with my wife and me as did my mother and my wifes mother,
all of which were seperated from each other.
I am now 72 year's of age and if we were living in any other country in the world I do not think thing's would not have suceeded as well as they have for us in this family.
To all the ilegal mexican's I say ...join the military and help AMERICA and I welcome you, continue as you are and I lose all respect for you and your's.
To you NEA1. thank you for putting thing's out in the open so well.

VIVA AMERICA AND ALL OF HER CITIZEN'S AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS US ALL.

LOVE THE U.S.A.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:07 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE THE U.S.A. View Post
What I don't understand is why don't the legal immigrants turn the illgal
immigrants into INS. By not doing this are they not guilty of giving aid and
comfort to the enemy? I don't really know. .
Believe it or not, there's an underground railroad thing going on in the southwest U.S.!

I once knew of a person in my old nieghborhood who was the neighborhood notary! If you needed anything notarized, you'd go to this person's house!(one example)

Old 01-04-2007, 05:53 PM

4,875 posts, read 10,071,404 times
Well, illegal immigration does drive down housing and food costs, so whether it is a "problem" depends on whether you can tolerate the side effects.

Old 01-04-2007, 06:56 PM

61 posts, read 140,233 times
I'm astonished at the outright bigotry on this thread. I am moving to Arizona and am glad that I have more empathy for "los indocumentados" than some of the posters here.

I'm moving to Phoenix this weekend and am excited to experience all that is Arizona. Furthermore, I do not judge those who risk their lives crossing the border in attempt to procure a better life for their family.

Old 01-04-2007, 07:25 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
I'm astonished at the outright bigotry on this thread. I am moving to Arizona and am glad that I have more empathy for "los indocumentados" than some of the posters here.

I'm moving to Phoenix this weekend and am excited to experience all that is Arizona. Furthermore, I do not judge those who risk their lives crossing the border in attempt to procure a better life for their family.
Be sure to move into a neighborhood with a "high illegal" population. And always shop in those areas of the city.

If you dont, quit with your BS 'I love everyone' statements. The same people who live secluded in your rich house who never have to encounter the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration