U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 PM

1,104 posts, read 3,060,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Illegal immigration is a problem throughout the U.S.
Yes it is. I've been reading all of these threads (there's a scary one in the FL forum also) and the question that keeps coming to my mind is, "Why don't we see more coverage about this on all the news programs?" When is the media going to admit this is a big problem and Americans are angry? Until people can grab their attention and until the media starts making discussions like this and the problems illegals cause more open, I can't see the politicians paying attention.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:51 PM

597 posts, read 1,787,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by english_teacher View Post
Illegal immigration is a problem throughout the U.S.
No doubt, it's a BIG problem in my home state of WA and if it already hasn't touched everyone on this forum in some way, it definitely will soon.

Old 01-07-2007, 10:54 PM

597 posts, read 1,787,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Yes it is. I've been reading all of these threads (there's a scary one in the FL forum also) and the question that keeps coming to my mind is, "Why don't we see more coverage about this on all the news programs?" When is the media going to admit this is a big problem and Americans are angry? Until people can grab their attention and until the media starts making discussions like this and the problems illegals cause more open, I can't see the politicians paying attention.
Honestly, it sounds bad, but I don't believe that politicians will begin to take it seriously until their family members are assaulted by an illegal gang member or something like that (they are 19 times more likely to join gangs such as MS-13). They only see the illegals as the hard-working people cleaning up their mansions. They refuse to see, or are completely ignorant to, what is happening on the streets of LA and neighborhoods all over this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or