Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Illegal Immigrant rights?
No. Illegal is illegal period! 181 81.53%
Yes. They are human too. 37 16.67%
No opinion. 4 1.80%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:01 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,310,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
pro illegal? not many people are "pro" illegal except the illegals and the network of people who help them enter the country.
calling most everyone who posts in these threads that believe in our constitution, even as applied towards people who are in our country illegally does not make them "pro illegal".
calling people pro illegal who point out other views or stats about illegals does not make it so either.
calling people pro illegal because they maybe liberal does not make it true any more than saying people who hate illegals are bigots.

pro illegal may be appropriate for some but to use the term, to address ordinary people who have a different view other than a hard core stance is disingenuous at best. it is a bit like the pro life people calling people who support choice "pro abortion". it's a term that just continues the divide and meant as a slur
A pro-illegal is someone who constantly defends any illegal aliens' presence in our country and advocates for them to be rewarded with amnesty/CIR. A po-illegal also calls any anti-illegal a racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc,. A pro-illegal will not acknowledge any negative impact to our country by illegal immigration. Some pro-illegals are so because they are of the same ethnicity as most illegals in this country. If the shoe fits, wear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I find it interesting when people say that illegal immigrants live under our dime. Nope, unless they came here for an eternal vacation but it is far from it. They get paid less than minimum wage, live in terrible conditions, work in the worst conditions, etc. Take a peek at the life of someone who, say, picks strawberries in the fields. No compensations, raises, bonus, no weekends, holidays, paid vacations, 401K, etc. Still, I repeat, doesn’t mean it is right for them to be in the USA to start with. But saying “oh my gawd, they are living under my dime…they are taking my job…” it’s a bit silly really. Not sure if you guys would want to work under those conditions, would you?
So, all the jobs that these illegals are holding no American has ever done or would never do for a fair wage? And no, most aren't picking strawberries in the fields either. The "dime" they are taking are their social costs that we Americans are having to foot the bill for and that is billions of dollars every year. Whatever taxes they may pay in does not begin to cover those costs.

I have a question for you. Why do the apparent sympathizers for illegal aliens like yourself use these same old tired arguments above when the bottom line is that it is against the law for them to be here or to work here. Why are the immigration laws of our country of no significance to your side?

As for the supposed terrible conditions that they work under what do they expect when they are working for crooks and liars and that is what these employers are that they are working for. An American wouldn't have to work under those conditions because the employers would have to follow the laws of humane treatment of them because the American could file a complaint without fear of deportation. When you do something illegally as these illegals are doing they are setting themselves up for exploitation. I note you are another one who only wants to blame the employers but not the illegal aliens for working in our country illegally. Why is that? I blame both of them because they are both guilty!

Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Where did you get that 5%? Still, 5% or not, can we agree that crying over the agriculture jobs they get is a bit silly? It's not like americans are dying to work in those very same conditions that I mentioned.

Now, any other job illegal immigrants can get. Would you be willing to work without benefits such as paid vacations, weekends off, terrible working conditions, always hiding, no 401K, no bonus, no raise, no holidays, ridiculous low wages, etc.?
What Americans have been crying over the agricultural jobs? Not many Americans even want to do that work as a career. It is the other blue collar jobs that are being taken by illegals that Americans are p*ssed off about.

No, Americans aren't willing to work without benefits, etc. and they wouldn't have to if there wasn't a large supply of illegal alien labor in this country. What you are doing is advocating for the employers to get away with that by being able to hire illegals that they can exploit rather than hiring Americans.

What about the rule of law? Does that mean nothing to you?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:37 PM

18,369 posts, read 19,001,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A pro-illegal is someone who constantly defends any illegal aliens' presence in our country and advocates for them to be rewarded with amnesty/CIR. A po-illegal also calls any anti-illegal a racist, bigot, xenophobe, etc,. A pro-illegal will not acknowledge any negative impact to our country by illegal immigration. Some pro-illegals are so because they are of the same ethnicity as most illegals in this country. If the shoe fits, wear it.
the problem with the term pro illeagls it is used as a wide brush to paint all people who are not hard core anti illegal, even if they agree that illegals are a bad thing for our country. the shoe doesn't always fit yet it is used with regularity. doesn't seem to be a productive way of finding a solution or a common ground

Old 02-21-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
the problem with the term pro illeagls it is used as a wide brush to paint all people who are not hard core anti illegal, even if they agree that illegals are a bad thing for our country. the shoe doesn't always fit yet it is used with regularity. doesn't seem to be a productive way of finding a solution or a common ground
Well, I don't mind being called an anti-illegal so I don't see what the problem is the other way around. I do take offense at being called anti-immigrant though. A spin that many of the pro-illegals use to demonize us anti-"illegals".

Old 02-21-2011, 07:45 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,184 times
Quote:
I have no hassle with deporting ALL illegal aliens. Let 'em go home, get in line, then come here legal.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:30 PM

159 posts, read 258,791 times
I am skeptical about the 12 million figgure. You are talking about years of crossing the border, and from what i heard 1/10 of the entire population of Mexico is in the US illegally.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM

Is there any organization that promotes sponsorship for a generous american family to sponsor a family in Mexico or south America, without us taxpayers footing the bill? that money will be sent down by the doner family, and they would not be doing anything illegal. It will be more of a choice by each individual that wants to help.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:40 PM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schil View Post
I am skeptical about the 12 million figgure. You are talking about years of crossing the border, and from what i heard 1/10 of the entire population of Mexico is in the US illegally.
I believe between legal and illegal it's 1/6 of the entire population, this versus a big snotty sneeze of people that moved there from the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_Mexico

ACHOOO

Old 06-08-2011, 06:41 PM

Default too many and we lose our culture

I do believe there are quotas as to how many more immigrants we can handle each year from each country in the world..... I am not sure where this information can be accessed. there are some countries who do not allow any immigrants at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration