Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support or oppose Illegal Immigrant rights?
No. Illegal is illegal period! 181 81.53%
Yes. They are human too. 37 16.67%
No opinion. 4 1.80%
Voters: 222. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 14 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I know this is a general poll, but I havent seen this question posed in recent threads.
I oppose, Oh wait they dont have rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 07:36 AM

474 posts, read 600,392 times
[quote=

Friendly blogger;4240157]Nicolem: I would like to thank you again for your comments and judgment on these issues. One thing I would like my fellow bloggers to know is " I never told 'one guy stories." My comments on this blog site were always based on facts either gleaned from newspapers, former staff, law enforcement officers, state or town officials or an identifiable source. The numbers of examples I used, in Statistics, would have been considered a veritable factor in areas of surveys or studies. My master's thesis included over sixty attributions as I wanted my "paper" to be as factual as possible. I have carried that practice to this blogging site. I suppose one might say, I took issue with certain criticisms that can be explained by a quote from one of my favorite Presidents John Adams who said, "
I HAD MUCH RATHER YOU SHOULD IMPUTE TO ME GREAT ERROR OF JUDGMENT THAN THE SMALLEST DEVIATION OF SINCERETY.
[SIZE=3]The subject of illegals seeking benefits came to mind again, when the Boston Herald today told of Governor Patrick's support for the offspring of illegals to attend our public universities and colleges and receive the tuition benefit that the children of legal citizens receive when they attend our public higher education institutions. And that is not a "one guy story." Last cost estimate was approximately two or three million dollars and occurring at a time that students are on wait lists and some unable to afford college even at the reduced price. Those are the inequities I fear will become the norm

Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,809,642 times
As far as I know, the only rights the illegal immigrants have are those back in his/her homeland. The rights here are for our citizens hence we use OUR citizens to protect them... you wouldn't ask our citizens to use their lives to protect the lives of criminals would you?

Old 06-27-2008, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,391 times
Talking Duh!

anyone who voted no illegal is illegal, you need to rethink! sure people have their oppinions but how would one of you like to live in a country where your gov. doesn't care about you and there is no way to support your family? Do you honestly think these people r doing something wrong by coming here to make a better life 4 their families ? don't be so ignorant. And there is no legal way to come to the U.s. unless you're rich. Next time try putting urself in someone else's shoes before u go voting ignorantly!

Old 06-27-2008, 09:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,063,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simoreno8 View Post
anyone who voted no illegal is illegal, you need to rethink! sure people have their oppinions but how would one of you like to live in a country where your gov. doesn't care about you and there is no way to support your family? Do you honestly think these people r doing something wrong by coming here to make a better life 4 their families ? don't be so ignorant. And there is no legal way to come to the U.s. unless you're rich. Next time try putting urself in someone else's shoes before u go voting ignorantly!
Not so terribly long ago: Europe was so bad that it made Mexico, etc. look like heaven.

Ireland, Italy and Spain bucked up and took responsibility for themselves as nations------what is Latin America's excuse?

Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,788,068 times
Quote:
So, the Mexican government shouldn't be forced to care for its citizens, and should continue to be encouraged by the US to abuse it's people?

Old 06-30-2008, 12:18 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,735,743 times
Quote:
I want a better life for my family.

Consequently, my family and I will be moving into your house next week whether you like it or not. Since I'm currently out of work, I expect that you will either support me, or give me your job. Oh, my husband is out of work also and my kids need to see a dentist, a pediatrician, and they all need new clothes so that I can enroll them in school. Please have dinner on the table promptly at 6:00. You can't expect me to forgo any of my own customs simply because I'm living in your house now.

Don't expect me to thank you either. My homeland isn't treating me well so rather than working to change things, I think it's just more prudent if I get the heck up out of there.

By the way, if you're not home when I get there, I'll be smashing a window to get in. You might want to leave your front door unlocked to save yourself from having to replace any windows.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:27 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,306,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Consequently, my family and I will be moving into your house next week whether you like it or not. Since I'm currently out of work, I expect that you will either support me, or give me your job. Oh, my husband is out of work also and my kids need to see a dentist, a pediatrician, and they all need new clothes so that I can enroll them in school. Please have dinner on the table promptly at 6:00. You can't expect me to forgo any of my own customs simply because I'm living in your house now.

Don't expect me to thank you either. My homeland isn't treating me well so rather than working to change things, I think it's just more prudent if I get the heck up out of there.

By the way, if you're not home when I get there, I'll be smashing a window to get in. You might want to leave your front door unlocked to save yourself from having to replace any windows.
Excellent post!

Nicolem

Old 06-30-2008, 11:14 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,788,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Kudos! Well said!

Old 06-30-2008, 02:53 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,333,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I know this is a general poll, but I havent seen this question posed in recent threads.
what kind of rights are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration