Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 04:10 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,329,945 times

Advertisements

Oh ok so so the $260 million was well spent huh? Don’t be such a lemming...it was a political stunt and an absolute waste of taxpayer money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2018, 04:13 PM

62,768 posts, read 28,978,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Oh ok so so the $260 million was well spent huh? Don’t be such a lemming...it was a political stunt and an absolute waste of taxpayer money.

Political stunt? How did it change the outcome of the mid term elections? Our military gets paid no matter where they are stationed so not understanding where there would be an added cost. What price do you want to put on our national security? We have our military all over the world protecting other countries so why shouldn't they help protect our own borders?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Political stunt? How did it change the outcome of the mid term elections? Our military gets paid no matter where they are stationed so not understanding where there would be an added cost. What price do you want to put on our national security? We have our military all over the world protecting other countries so why shouldn't they help protect our own borders?
Existing border patrol is sufficient. As a tax payer I find it to be a massive waste of money to station our military where there is a group of refugees equipped with sticks and rocks....what an absolute joke.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Existing border patrol is sufficient. As a tax payer I find it to be a massive waste of money to station our military where there is a group of refugees equipped with sticks and rocks....what an absolute joke.

How is it a waste of money when the military gets paid no matter where they are? I already told you that they were there to install more security measures and help the Border Patrol. I guess the sticks, rocks and bottles were no joke as they hurled them at the Border Patrol. They can be lethal weapons. I seriously doubt that your objection is about wasting money but I'll just leave it at that.

Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 PM

14,183 posts, read 4,555,119 times
Quote:
Did you say that when Bush sent military to the border in 2007-2008 and Obama did it in 2011?

Also, the military sent to the border are support troops (clerks, truck drivers, aviation, etc), not 75th Ranger Regiment or Special Forces Groups.

Or is this all a selective outrage?

Last edited by Du Ma; 12-03-2018 at 09:05 PM..

Old 12-03-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How is it a waste of money when the military gets paid no matter where they are? I already told you that they were there to install more security measures and help the Border Patrol. I guess the sticks, rocks and bottles were no joke as they hurled them at the Border Patrol. They can be lethal weapons. I seriously doubt that your objection is about wasting money but I'll just leave it at that.
I'd say Trump is putting the military into good use by defending our border & save a lot of money by not invading another country based on "WMD" or drone strike US citizens on foreign soil like his previous predecessors

Old 12-03-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Did you say that when Bush sent military to the border in 2007-2008 and Obama did it in 2011?

Also, the military sent to the border are support troops (clerks, truck drivers, aviation, etc), not 75th Ranger Regiment or Special Forces Groups.

Or is this all a selective outrage?
The two prior operations are widely considered to be an inefficient use of resources. Trump should have learned from these mistakes and not done it for a third time.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
The two prior operations are widely considered to be an inefficient use of resources. Trump should have learned from these mistakes and not done it for a third time.

Widely considered to be an inefficient use of resources by whom?

Old 12-04-2018, 07:16 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,506,819 times
Quote:

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

Old 12-04-2018, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Is that based on an opinion or fact?

Also you are saying, indirectly, that both democrats and repub are against illegal immigration because they both sent troops to the border?

Bush sent troops to the border in 2007-2008 and Obama did the same thing in 2011. You joined this forum in 2006. Did you make any thread or post when Bush and Obama sent troops to the border?

Last edited by Du Ma; 12-04-2018 at 08:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration