Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 12:41 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,407,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So are we supposed to hate them more because there's more males that actually don't want to die or join gangs? Yikes. Hating another human being for being desperate and trying to escape deplorable conditions is beyond the pale. Words like deplorable also come to mind. Look I was in healthcare for 25 years. I despise gang bangers, yet, I had to take care of them at my job. I didn't judge them or treat them any differently than I did any of my patients. They were people in a vulnerable state and still human beings. How would you want to be treated if you were cold and hungry and had just lost everything, maybe even a loved one? What if it was your kid outside in the rain cold and hungry?

It should be the same with desperate people trying to escape deplorable situations. We should help them. It doesn't mean that they should be allowed to live here, but lets treat them like human beings. We are all creatures of one species that live on one planet. Hate is not the answer. It's a cancer of the soul.
Cold and hungry? Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Sunday 1:00 PM, Mostly Sunny 81F

Minneapolis, MN, Sunday 1:00 PM, Cloudy 31F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 04:46 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Who has said they hate the people in the caravan? Not one person in here. How are they being treated inhumanely? If people are going to make claims then they should back them up.

Old 12-02-2018, 04:48 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Might be the time to ask if she remembers the " OATH " she took

Then, any statements made from the liberal handbook she must be charged
with aiding and abating illegal aliens

Jayapal has no respect for America or OUR laws...Actions speak louder then words !
There is nothing illegal about someone from another country requesting asylum in the US. You are the one who doesn't understand or have respect for the Constitution and our laws.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:02 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
There is nothing illegal about someone from another country requesting asylum in the US. You are the one who doesn't understand or have respect for the Constitution and our laws.
Nothing wrong with disrespecting the many asylum seekers that absolutely know that they dont qualify before even asking for asylum.
Nothing wrong with not respecting or wanting your so-called asylum seekers who throw rocks at our border patrol officers.

It is in fact impossible to respect any parent who would use their children as human shields.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:03 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
There is nothing illegal about asking for asylum.

What you don't understand is that the vast majority in these caravans don't qualify for asylum. There are even invasion cheerleaders who coach them on what lies to tell in an effort claim asylum. You also don't understand that for years, we did catch and release. People were given court dates to make their asylum claim to a judge. The vast majority never show up for those court dates. Don't you think that those in the caravans know this? To them, the whole process is a joke. Make a false claim, get a court date, never show up and never have fear of getting caught and deported.

It's long past time to put an end to all that nonsense

Old 12-02-2018, 05:08 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
There is nothing illegal about asking for asylum.

What you don't understand is that the vast majority in these caravans don't qualify for asylum. There are even invasion cheerleaders who coach them on what lies to tell in an effort claim asylum. You also don't understand that for years, we did catch and release. People were given court dates to make their asylum claim to a judge. The vast majority never show up for those court dates. Don't you think that those in the caravans know this? To them, the whole process is a joke. Make a false claim, get a court date, never show up and never have fear of getting caught and deported.

It's long past time to put an end to all that nonsense
I don't assume I'm omniscient. I don't know who the people in the caravan are, and I don't accept the word of anti-immigrant bigots like Donald Trump. If someone hasn't personally spoken with these people to hear their story, they have no idea whether or not they qualify for asylum.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:40 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times
Quote:
I don't assume I'm omniscient. I don't know who the people in the caravan are, and I don't accept the word of anti-immigrant bigots like Donald Trump. If someone hasn't personally spoken with these people to hear their story, they have no idea whether or not they qualify for asylum.

Please cite where Trump has stated he despises legal immigration. IMO, it's bigoted when people put the needs of illegals in front of Americans.

This congresswoman announced she was going to the border to see why it was taking so long to get the migrants processed, smh. She managed to "help" five. FIVE. Perhaps she discovered that to process the migrants properly, and lawfully, it takes more time than she thought. Idiot.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:42 PM

1,733 posts, read 947,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Might be the time to ask if she remembers the " OATH " she took

Then, any statements made from the liberal handbook she must be charged
with aiding and abating illegal aliens

Jayapal has no respect for America or OUR laws...Actions speak louder then words !

Speaking of our immigration laws:

https://www.justice.gov/jm/criminal-...1324a-offenses

Bringing Aliens to the United States -- Subsection 1324(a)(2) makes it an offense for any person who -- knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has not received prior authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, to bring to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever, such alien, regardless of any official action which may later be taken with respect to such alien.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Code words used to describe anyone who believes that there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal immigrants.

As far as speaking to them.
They were offered asylum in Mexico. On one hand the left says that Mexico isn't a sheet hole. On the other the left says Mexico is so bad that it isn't safe. Now which is it?

How about they only want the USA because of the huge benefits we pay out to asylum seekers compared to what Mexico offers?

Old 12-02-2018, 06:29 PM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Per the bolded --- Give us all a break

There is a difference between being anti-illegal alien and anti-immigrant. Trump, like many of us, is the former. Stop pretending to not know the difference This might come as a shock to you but legal immigrants don't like illegal aliens. Does that make them bigots?

Most of us can figure out that this caravan is 80% young males who have no claim to asylum. It isn't rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration