Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2018, 08:44 PM

62,714 posts, read 28,915,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Nah, I voted for Hillary, so my dirty filthy money wouldn’t be accepted for such a noble cause.

And besides....I’m still waiting for Trump to make good on his campaign promise that Mexico would pay for the wall.
Glad you agree that securing our border is a noble cause. Just wondering though why no concern when the wall bill was passed in 2006 it was to be soley funded by the taxpayer but no one was demanding or promising that Mexico would pay for it then why it's a problem today? By the way, here's Trump's plan down the line. He never said that Mexico would write a check for it. In the meantime we need the funds to get it started. It will be cost effective anyway since the wall is $25 billion while illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year. So it's a win-win anyway.

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Old 12-23-2018, 09:10 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,688,642 times
Good lord I can’t believe people are stupid enough to donate the amount of money that has been raised so far to go fund me page! Who knows if that’s the way the money will be used? If the wall can actually be built!? People own land on the border. It’s just beyond insane.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:14 PM

25,434 posts, read 17,114,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307
There are not 60 Republicans in the senate. So you should stop pretending that you "do not know why" The Wall was not funded. You know why; the Dems voted against it.
16 million now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Woohoo. Only $9,984,000,000 to go. Let that sink in.
Might want to check your math.
The goal is $1 billion. That's 1,000 million.

We'll wait while you work it out.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:16 PM

1,378 posts, read 733,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarita-WJC4T68NKL View Post
I was born in Cuba. We came legally, running from the leftists who had taken over our country and stolen everything we had, our houses, our businesses, everything we had worked for. I was very little, but from the moment I arrived here, I fell in love with this country. My parents worked very hard and never took $1 of welfare. Nothing of welfare. I believe in protecting the U.S., not filling it with freeloaders, not filling with anyone who wants to storm our non-existent borders.

I don't leave my door open in case some freeloader should decide she needs to live in my house and eat my food and sleep in my bed. I keep my door firmly locked. I give charity. I like to give charity. I don't like it taken from my tax dollars I work so hard to create so that my country can be protected and well. Why would I want the doors to my country wide open so anyone could just storm it? No, I refuse, and I will fight to get a Wall.

Liberals need to learn to donate charity to those they wish to give it to, and get their hands out of my pockets. They also need to stop trying to tear down my front door to throw in some freeloaders.
Came legally? Ok right there i dont even need to read what else you put. Came legally how? As in you touched foot on american soil and became a citizen? Yeah u guys are the biggest hypocrites. A cuban touches american soil he can apply for american citizen. No other latin americans get that. And then to look down on others and call them free loaders, in my opinion, u guys are the biggest freeloaders, while others have the fight for the right to be here., must be nice.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:25 PM

25,434 posts, read 17,114,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Came legally? Ok right there i dont even need to read what else you put. Came legally how? As in you touched foot on american soil and became a citizen? Yeah u guys are the biggest hypocrites. A cuban touches american soil he can apply for american citizen. No other latin americans get that. And then to look down on others and call them free loaders, in my opinion, u guys are the biggest freeloaders, while others have the fight for the right to be here., must be nice.
What's the deal?
The guy came legally. He has every right to identify a freeloader if he sees one.
Might want to actually learn the process of becoming an American - it is not "as soon as he touches American soil".

Old 12-23-2018, 09:43 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,320,266 times
Quote:
So you put foreigners before Americans. I'm glad you admitted it.
Please explain.

Old 12-23-2018, 10:46 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,320,266 times
Quote:
You're a leftist. That means you're not too fond of the U.S., but you're very fond of having it inundated with illegal foreigners. That wasn't clear the first time?
Your labeling of me and making assumptions about me despite not knowing me is the only un-American thing happening here.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:13 AM

1,378 posts, read 733,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
What's the deal?
The guy came legally. He has every right to identify a freeloader if he sees one.
Might want to actually learn the process of becoming an American - it is not "as soon as he touches American soil".
Ok so with the dry feet policy, its a year, but they dont get sent back home, and that year is a heck of a lot quicker than most people get.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:03 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,363,784 times
Quote:
I might be gullible, but I'm not that gullible.
I think you're right on point. Within my experience, people like this hate America, but actually they do so because they're mentally ill - they hate themselves. Of course we should feel bad for them, but I have a hard time with that because they vote for and advocate for policies which harm our country and harm us as individuals. I will counter them will my entire being.

Old 12-24-2018, 08:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,454,009 times
Talking We The People Will Fund The Wall

No we won't.

But dearest Trumplings, please send all your xmas money to whichever huckster you prefer.

Happy holidays!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration