U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 06:12 AM

4,752 posts, read 3,816,671 times

Advertisements

I read on today's trivia contest that according to a "reliable" survey, PORTUGAL is the friendliest country in the world, especially towards Expats
Would make since, sadly, that the good Ole USA is not the friendliest country Far from it

When I was a teen, I would not have thought about moving overseas to live. Now my 16 year old son wants to do just that, he does not want to grow up in the mess that the US has become. I do not blame him one bit I'll probably go with him
I love America. I am saddened and disappointed about the direction it continues to go, despite my best efforts at voting, town meetings, charitable involvement. If a ship is sinking, jump off !

Instead of Portugal though, I have had my eyes on Ireland, but my son likes New Zealand
Scandinavian countries would work too

Citizenship in Malta is a mere $1.15M Euros and a one year residency. After that, A person may reside anywhere in the EU, although there are not a lot of places in the EU where I would settle down right now

No place is perfect, but for retirement, security, and friendliness, many exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:25 AM
miu

16,744 posts, read 33,821,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I read on today's trivia contest that according to a "reliable" survey, PORTUGAL is the friendliest country in the world, especially towards Expats
Would make since, sadly, that the good Ole USA is not the friendliest country Far from it

When I was a teen, I would not have thought about moving overseas to live. Now my 16 year old son wants to do just that, he does not want to grow up in the mess that the US has become. I do not blame him one bit I'll probably go with him
I love America. I am saddened and disappointed about the direction it continues to go, despite my best efforts at voting, town meetings, charitable involvement. If a ship is sinking, jump off !

Instead of Portugal though, I have had my eyes on Ireland, but my son likes New Zealand

Citizenship in Malta is a mere $1.15M Euros and a one year residency. After that, A person may reside anywhere in the EU, although there are not a lot of places in the EU where I would settle down right now

No place is perfect, but for retirement, security, and friendliness, many exist.
Good. So go move to Portugal and take a bunch of those migrant caravans at our US border with you!! And how can you compare yourself to the hordes of impoverished Central American migrants? And I doubt that Canada would be all that welcoming of you if you don't have enough monetary assets to bring with you.

And I am curious as to why the African migrants overwhelming Italy, don't instead travel onto Portugal instead? Portugal as plenty of ocean access for those refugee boats.

Then there all of those refugee camps in Calais, of Middle Easterners and Africans hoping to sneak into England through the channel tunnel. Why aren't they heading to Portugal instead???

Anyway, please keep spreading the word everywhere as to how awful America is. We don't need anymore migrants heading our way. It's not a popularity or Ms Congeniality contest that we want to win... and the prize is the huge headache and expense of trying to keep out the illegals wanting to come in.

Old Today, 10:36 AM

4,635 posts, read 3,255,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Good. So go move to Portugal and take a bunch of those migrant caravans at our US border with you!! And how can you compare yourself to the hordes of impoverished Central American migrants? And I doubt that Canada would be all that welcoming of you if you don't have enough monetary assets to bring with you.

And I am curious as to why the African migrants overwhelming Italy, don't instead travel onto Portugal instead? Portugal as plenty of ocean access for those refugee boats.

Then there all of those refugee camps in Calais, of Middle Easterners and Africans hoping to sneak into England through the channel tunnel. Why aren't they heading to Portugal instead???

Anyway, please keep spreading the word everywhere as to how awful America is. We don't need anymore migrants heading our way. It's not a popularity or Ms Congeniality contest that we want to win... and the prize is the huge headache and expense of trying to keep out the illegals wanting to come in.
If they only want to come in and they're not in yet, how can they be illegals? At most, they'd be Shroedinger's cat(s).

Old Today, 11:00 AM

20,469 posts, read 20,878,656 times
Quote:

Best get started on your visa or were you going to ask for asylum?

Old Today, 01:41 PM

12,093 posts, read 7,762,908 times
My sister has dual citizenship - American and New Zealand. Lived in New Zealand for many years; she had to show that she had $500,000 cash before she could stay permanently.
She is happily retired and lives in North Carolina. Not going back to New Zealand.

My best friend got Australia Fever when he got out of the Air Force in '71. So they "left America forever". Lived in Australia.
He's retired in Jacksonville, FL. Not going back to Australia.

Old Today, 01:45 PM

12,093 posts, read 7,762,908 times
Quote:

Meh.... Some parents lead; others follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or