Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If the girl who 'posted' the sign is question is suspended--------those punks who jumped her need to be placed in juvie. And; have their status here in the USA checked by ICE.
Your post is "disrupting me"....please delete it....I'm feeling like PUNCHING someone. Just can't HELP myself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 09:16 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
If the girl who 'posted' the sign is question is suspended--------those punks who jumped her need to be placed in juvie. And; have their status here in the USA checked by ICE.
Whatever is reasonable. So far we have an alleged pushing/shoving match in the hall at a middle school. What is the standard penalty for that? Ever see a kid stuffed into a locker? Send them up for a couple of years? End up with two thirds of the boys in the middle school having made a trip to juvie?

I would also point out that you raise the issue of legality even though no evidence has been put forth that it was involved or an issue. Hispanics don't care for the crackkdown on illegals which often involves their family and friends. So what?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 PM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Sorry but this is absurd. The offense was to present a sign that could cause a disruption. She obviously did as a disruption occured. Or do you now deny a disruption took place?

The sign was apparently in the lunch room. Does one have some evidence that she did not bring it? The Teacher sent it? How was it associated with her?

Any sign that creates a disruption is out of bounds in a middle or high school cafeteria. Any principal will be glad to explain why.
Lets try this scenario.
Student in her class doesn't like sign.
Student in class takes sign off wall of teachers room.
Student who doesn't like sign passes it around lunch room.

Unless you have some evidence contrary, the victim sys she doesn't know how the sign got there. READ THE ARTICLE.

"Somehow, Melanie said the sign got passed around lunch and angered a group of Latino students. "

Random

Old 04-08-2008, 09:21 PM

307 posts, read 521,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Other than "EXIT" or "GYMNASIUM" or "BOYS" or "GIRLS"....would you please define for us a sign that, if put up in a school, would be guaranteed NOT to cause disruption, on the part of anyone who read it?
Sorry, But the Signs "BOYS" and "GIRLS" are offensive to some transgender/postgender individuals. You can't have those.

My TG friends will either die laughing or kill me when they see this.

Random

Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomU View Post
Lets try this scenario.
Student in her class doesn't like sign.
Student in class takes sign off wall of teachers room.
Student who doesn't like sign passes it around lunch room.

Unless you have some evidence contrary, the victim sys she doesn't know how the sign got there. READ THE ARTICLE.

"Somehow, Melanie said the sign got passed around lunch and angered a group of Latino students. "

Random
And you should read what you just quoted. Says nothing about not knowing how it got to the lunch room. Just uncertainty about how it got into circulation. Somebody quoted Accom ... who would suggest she most likely brought it into the lunch room .

This story has nuances on conundrums. There is more to the story than is published...as there almost always is. Was she snickering with a couple of girl friends over her clever approach? Was there some really rabble rousing Hispanic that was out to get her after the class?

No way to tell with the facts as presented.

My problem is that virtually every middle school I have ever dealt with would come down like a ton of lead on any group of boys who harrassed a girl in this fashion. That did not happen. And don't give me they won't mess with the hispanics or blacks...that is nonsense in any school with substantial minority populations. They always keep the boys in check...come hell or high water.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:28 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Hispanics don't care for the crackkdown on illegals which often involves their family and friends. So what?
And I suppose blacks all have rythm, and whites can't dance, right? I know DOZENS of Hispanics who are totally FED UP with illegal immigration, and are not shy about saying so. They'd be upset at your statement that they "don't care" for the crackdown....some do, and some don't. In MY experience, the SHRILLEST voices against "the crackdown" are guilty, liberal whites...but I admit, that's only my PERSONAL opinion, and not a blanket statement.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,592,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Teen hurt after taking illegal immigration sign to school | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5685125.html - broken link)

She was taunting the hispanic students with the sign

I knew there was no hate crime or even a crime involved in this.
Nowhere in the article you cite did it say that she was taunting anyone.

She brought the poster to school for a CLASS ASSIGNMENT.

Since when do delinquent children have the right to attack ANYONE over a sign that said NOTHING hateful?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:39 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Teen hurt after taking illegal immigration sign to school | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/5685125.html - broken link)

She was taunting the hispanic students with the sign

I knew there was no hate crime or even a crime involved in this.
What is this, the zoo?
What evidence do you have that she was 'taunting' anyone? And even if she was, that in no way justifies physical assault by hispanic males.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Nowhere in the article you cite did it say that she was taunting anyone.

She brought the poster to school for a CLASS ASSIGNMENT.

Since when do delinquent children have the right to attack ANYONE over a sign that said NOTHING hateful?
Quote:
Hayes said she was showing the sign in the hallway when a group of students tried wresting it away
She was showing the sign in the hallway not the classroom.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Your post is "disrupting me"....please delete it....I'm feeling like PUNCHING someone. Just can't HELP myself...
Oh, me too! A poster is taunting me! Now where is my AR-15?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration