Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:57 AM

440 posts, read 329,329 times

Advertisements

KLTV 7 News Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville |East Texas Teenager Attacked Over History Project

Quote:
Her sign read, “If you love our nation, stop illegal immigration.” Somehow, Melanie said the sign got passed around lunch and angered a group of Latino students. "I didn't know any of these people," she said. One young, she claimed, jumped on her back and he put her in a choke hold. "We have brick walls in the middle school and he slammed my face on the bricks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 06:59 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Stupid...just stupid.

Whether or not you agree with her, she had the right to voice her opinion.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Stupid...just stupid.

Whether or not you agree with her, she had the right to voice her opinion.
ITA. What's even more amazing is that these are the people who think illegal aliens should have all the rights of American citizens. May 1st will be interesting, to say the least. Now that the sleeping giant has been awakened, I believe this will be the march that will bring Americans out of the woodwork.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,171,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
ITA. What's even more amazing is that these are the people who think illegal aliens should have all the rights of American citizens. May 1st will be interesting, to say the least. Now that the sleeping giant has been awakened, I believe this will be the march that will bring Americans out of the woodwork.
People should listen to what Ron Paul said. If you exclude illegals from the benefits American citizens get, they wouldn't come here. There would be no reason to.

Obama wants to give them financial aid to attend college These people don't even pay taxes.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:26 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
We have hate crime legislation------enforce it.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:31 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We have hate crime legislation------enforce it.
Nothing has been proven yet, the girl might be fibbing after all.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:34 AM

They threatened to rape her and assaulted her yet no one was arrested or even suspended? Something smells really fishy about her story.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:35 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Nothing has been proven yet, the girl might be fibbing after all.

It doesn't sound like a fib to me.

Quote:
Athens ISD gave KLTV 7 a statement, confirming there was a disturbance in the hallway, Friday between two to three students. "We have a camera system in the building," said Louis DeRosa. "We are collecting other information and statements from witnesses and this is all the information we have at this time," he said.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
It doesn't sound like a fib to me.
The school indicated that an incident happened between 2 to 3 students, yet the girl claimed it was a group of latino students. Now imo 2 students doesn't equal a group as the girl is claiming.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
People should listen to what Ron Paul said. If you exclude illegals from the benefits American citizens get, they wouldn't come here. There would be no reason to.

Obama wants to give them financial aid to attend college These people don't even pay taxes.
Agreed, which is why I cannot vote for Obama, Ron Paul will be my write-in candidate. While I respect and admire Obama in many ways, for me race does NOT trump everything. As the descendant of slaves, it is more important to me that my ancestors helped build this country and that many gave their lives for me to be acknowledged as an American. I refuse to watch a bunch of whiney, border jumpers too cowardly to fight for rights in their own country usurp the 14th Amendment and demand everything but the kitchen sink in a country they have illegally invaded. IMHO their arrogance and sense of entitlement without so much as lifting a finger to fight for dignity in their own country denigrates the lives lost in our battle for civil rights and acceptance as equal citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration