U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 11:38 AM

21,157 posts, read 25,980,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Yes, and so far there is still the freedom of speach, and unless you are in law enforcement, it might not be a good idea to try enforcing the law yourself, I'm sure you are aware of that though
The inferrence Rggr's post was that law enforcement officials AKA police and ICE would be 'waiting'---------with lots of vans/busses and plastic handcuffs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 12:00 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,723,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You have proof of the above statement? Or, is it only your opinion?
Do you have any proof that they are all going to be illegal immigrants? Or, is it only your opinion?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,723,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Of course its his opinion. I work in downtown Chicago (illegal alien sancturary currently being sued by DHS) and have witnessed on more than one occasion the massive numbers of illegals being bused in and they ALWAYS chant in spanish. Now, if they are trying to communicate their plight to AMERICANS wouldn't it make sense to do so in ENGLISH? The only English I have ever seen (while never heard) during these marches was printed on the signs carried by the anchor babies which threatened: "Today we march, Tomorrow we Vote"., probably made up by Janet Murguia the leader of LaRaza (aka "the Race") and a few of Chicago's latino traitors voted into office by illegal aliens.
Speaking spanish doesn't make one illegal. There are many legal hispanics or even citizens who are also fluent in spanish and english.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:05 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,239,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you have any proof that they are all going to be illegal immigrants? Or, is it only your opinion?
They don't have to 'ALL' be illegal aliens, there will certainly be a large percentage that are legal, mostly anchor babies and assorted liberal idiots, IMHO.

I'd like to see ICE doing ID checks next to the busses that would be needed to haul off all the illegal participants, though.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 23,887,359 times
Quote:
Yes - I have proof.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Status: "Ní bhíonn an rath ach mar a mbíonn an smacht." (set 15 days ago)

9,715 posts, read 7,212,654 times
Quote:
Certainly not all, but there is a good chance many will be...
Attached Thumbnails
May Day Protest for IMMIGRANT Rights-illegals.jpg  

Old 04-08-2008, 12:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 4,060,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Certainly not all, but there is a good chance many will be...
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:24 PM

15,969 posts, read 25,409,286 times
Let them prove if they are here legally or not, just as we have to show a passport to return to the USA. If they are not following the law, arrest them.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:29 PM

1,814 posts, read 1,929,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Let them prove if they are here legally or not, just as we have to show a passport to return to the USA. If they are not following the law, arrest them.
I go to Mexico quite frequently and you DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A PASSPORT
until 2009. I have mine, but the agent in Nogales said it.
If they prove they are US citizens and are arrested or hassled, I hope they sue.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:30 PM

440 posts, read 20,834 times
Quote:
Speaking spanish doesn't make one illegal. There are many legal hispanics or even citizens who are also fluent in spanish and english.
I never said it did. But AGAIN since they are marching on AMERICAN soil, trying to get the attention of AMERICANS wouldn't they speak the language of the AMERICANS, aka ENGLISH if their intention was to get AMERICANS to understand and help change their plight? Your defense gets weaker by the minute with every word you post in your defense of the indefensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration