U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 08:50 AM

10,791 posts, read 7,660,788 times

Advertisements

I don't know why people don't open their eyes and ears. The dems supported walls before a the OP points out in 2006 and 2013. Obama himself made speeches about how important it was to have a secure border.

The only reason the Dems are against the wall is because President Trump is For it.

The only reason many Democrats are against it is because the Left Leaning biased media is pushing the narrative.

The media shows the poor women and children but they never show the gang members crossing. To the blind uninformed all they want to see are the women and children because it makes them feel good that they are helping them. Who cares if they are breaking the law, who cares as long as they don't move next door to me...

I would like to see the crime stats from a border town that did not have a wall and now does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 09:55 AM

12,582 posts, read 7,981,257 times
The Democrats have been very successful at pushing the narrative that Republicans hate Hispanics and are heartlessly cruel thugs who tear families apart.
We Republicans don't help ourselves much, either. The constant calls for "every one of them" to go home is driving legal Hispanic voters away. Voting results are very clear that Republicans are losing that battle.
Dems got 65% of the Hispanic vote in 2016 and 69% in 2018.
If Texas ever goes Blue, that'll be why. Insulting and threatening someone's cousin is not the way to success.

Old Today, 11:56 AM

34,395 posts, read 15,496,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The Democrats have been very successful at pushing the narrative that Republicans hate Hispanics and are heartlessly cruel thugs who tear families apart.
We Republicans don't help ourselves much, either. The constant calls for "every one of them" to go home is driving legal Hispanic voters away. Voting results are very clear that Republicans are losing that battle.
Dems got 65% of the Hispanic vote in 2016 and 69% in 2018.
If Texas ever goes Blue, that'll be why. Insulting and threatening someone's cousin is not the way to success.

Why would Hispanics think that their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them? How is it insulting to someone's cousin to expect them to follow the law just like everyone else? Why shouldn't all illegals have to go back home?

Last edited by Oldglory; Today at 12:05 PM..

Old Today, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know why people don't open their eyes and ears. The dems supported walls before a the OP points out in 2006 and 2013. Obama himself made speeches about how important it was to have a secure border.

The only reason the Dems are against the wall is because President Trump is For it.

The only reason many Democrats are against it is because the Left Leaning biased media is pushing the narrative.

The media shows the poor women and children but they never show the gang members crossing. To the blind uninformed all they want to see are the women and children because it makes them feel good that they are helping them. Who cares if they are breaking the law, who cares as long as they don't move next door to me...

I would like to see the crime stats from a border town that did not have a wall and now does.

El Paso, Yuma and San Diego are good examples of that. The good walls have been very effective in deterring illegal entry and reducing crime in those towns.

Old Today, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Santa Teresa, NM has finished their portion of The Wall.
Here's the report.

As the discussion says, immigration reform including provisions for long standing residents and DACA residents is important. None of us wants drug pushers and crazies, but the fact is all 11 million illegal residents are not going to leave. I wouldn't even want them to. I want the good ones to stay and would like to see some sort of legal status for them.
But we need that wall before we can make anything stick.

I disagree. Just because someone has managed to evade the law for a long time and drag their kids over our border illegally there should be no bypassing of our immigration laws. It's not fair to immigrants who came the legal way and makes a mockery of our immigration laws. Americans need their jobs back. How does granting illegal aliens or their kids amnesty accomplish that?

Amnesty isn't reform anyway. If we remove all of the incentives for them to remain here many if not most will leave on their own with no means to support themselves. There are no good ones. They are all guilty of using a fake or stolen SS number to work or working for cash evading taxes. Those are felonies. They live a life of lies and deceit.

Old Today, 04:08 PM

10,479 posts, read 8,020,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree. Just because someone has managed to evade the law for a long time and drag their kids over our border illegally there should be no bypassing of our immigration laws. It's not fair to immigrants who came the legal way and makes a mockery of our immigration laws. Americans need their jobs back. How does granting illegal aliens or their kids amnesty accomplish that?

Amnesty isn't reform anyway. If we remove all of the incentives for them to remain here many if not most will leave on their own with no means to support themselves. There are no good ones. They are all guilty of using a fake or stolen SS number to work or working for cash evading taxes. Those are felonies. They live a life of lies and deceit.
And here's the dilemma. Nobody has tried to send anybody back for as long as memory serves. No even visa overstays. So what's to be done with the people who are here?

I'd be delighted to get rid of chain migration, birthright citizenship. Put an end to tourism for having babies here. They could stop giving visa today. Trump's got a pen and a phone, too.

Send the parents home. No matter how long or how much it cost. But, those kids had no say in coming. They have never known any other home. It was purposed that they would pay a fine, pay back taxes and go to the end of the line for citizenship. Last I heard, it was a 20 year wait for people from Mexico. Give them a green card and at least make them legal. No chain for getting their parents in. Plus no benefits for anybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or