U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM
 
Location: Forest bathing
1,539 posts, read 840,508 times
Reputation: 3500

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Small Border Patrol stations/crossing areas every 25 miles.

One large headquarters every 100 miles with Border crossing stations.

Build 1 large facility in the largest crossing area. Have a hospital there as well as many administration building's. Small town for Government employees. An airport. Lodging areas for those in the limbo of being sent back to Country of Origin or allowed into the U.S. A Veterinary service area as well.

Increase staffing at National Parks and Forest areas along the Border to better secure the area.

Increase staffing of medical professionals.

Work with private home owners to lease land on the Border to better patrol it.

Have 3 Aviation Unit's.

3 Water Unit's and work with the Coast Guard to better protect the Waterways.

Reform Immigration Laws to reduce red tape and make legalization a smoother process.

Reduce the size of the Border by returning some land back to Mexio and land to Tribes in the area.
NO to the bolded.

Why doesn’t Mexico staff their border with Medics?

I would like to see a more stringent process to becoming a citizen.

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,657 posts, read 30,990,214 times
Reputation: 18299
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Just human power

Have a crew of 12 BP Agents and 3 Paramedics patrolling an area of 24 Miles

3 Agents cover 8 miles within those 24 miles

(144 BP Agents at one Small HQ Area)

1 Medic for each 8 miles (24 Medics/LPNs Stationed at one Small HQ Area)
How do 3 agents arrest a hundred illegals at one time? I've seen it and it doesn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2019, 08:44 PM
 
34,378 posts, read 15,491,495 times
Reputation: 9129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
To quote George Patton, fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man. There are was to curb illegal immigration that are cheaper and easier than building a wall that in places is unnecessary, and in other places will be defeated (especially if it isn't heavily guarded.)

I wonder why we have wall around our homes and businesses if they are stupid? There is no better way to deter illegal entry than to have good physical barriers just ask the Border Patrol. There is no plan to build walls on places that are unnecessary and where they are necessary defeating them will be far less successful than without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2019, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Near Falls Lake
2,536 posts, read 1,786,071 times
Reputation: 2362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
To quote George Patton, fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man. There are was to curb illegal immigration that are cheaper and easier than building a wall that in places is unnecessary, and in other places will be defeated (especially if it isn't heavily guarded.)
And yet over the last several decades none of these easier methods have been successfully implemented. Seems to me if it was "really" so easy it would have been done already. Of course that is assuming the Dems or Reps actually want to solve the issue!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2019, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,844 posts, read 1,457,815 times
Reputation: 1492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Just human power

Have a crew of 12 BP Agents and 3 Paramedics patrolling an area of 24 Miles

3 Agents cover 8 miles within those 24 miles

(144 BP Agents at one Small HQ Area)

1 Medic for each 8 miles (24 Medics/LPNs Stationed at one Small HQ Area)

What would you need three paramedics for...to treat border agents of gun shot wounds and blisters.


The fact is a border wall would cut down the need for more agents...total cost savings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2019, 02:12 PM
 
9,351 posts, read 2,257,112 times
Reputation: 4274
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
The crisis on the border is due to the influx of asylum-seekers. Many are from Central America. The solutions proposed by the Trump Administration have either been overturned by the Courts or not obtained the hoped-for cooperation from Mexico.
Trump gave billions to the Mexican and Central American countries recently and that was a big mistake. The people never see it and it goes directly into the pockets of corrupt government officials.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2019, 02:51 PM
 
2,772 posts, read 709,247 times
Reputation: 1644
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Trump gave billions to the Mexican and Central American countries recently and that was a big mistake. The people never see it and it goes directly into the pockets of corrupt government officials.
I was referring to his legalistic solutions in the United States that have been overturned by various courts. It's really a mess since there are multiple US governmental agencies involved with court cases funneled thru separate appeals processes. Concerning Sessions' actions (trying to redefine asylum criteria) I think ??? you've got one set of criteria being used for one stage of the process only to turn around and subsequently have a different set applied for a later stage.

It's disingenuous to expect some poor peasant woman to solve our internal messes for us by just staying home.

As for stabilizing Central American countries ... yes, no argument there's massive corruption. Unfortunately, that becomes a bit of a round robin issue. That governments do NOT place the welfare of their citizens first to where any actions by the citizens themselves (particularly the indigenous populations) to fight corruption then leads to them being targeted by these very same corrupt governments - THIS provides the basis for asylum cases.

I offer no solution here other than to agree there needs to be one. An organized U.S. refugee program no doubt would be unacceptable to many ... continued involvement in promoting local governmental change open to criticism ... pouring money into the region thought a give-away.

Frankly, I could be cold hearted enough to say that absent U.S. willingness to open doors then it would be best for folks to stay home or cope locally. However this message is "delivered" it cannot be done on the backs of children nor even by extra-legal enforcement of our own laws that leads to the Court challenges.

Trump is very numbers oriented - be it poll numbers or even inaugural crowd size. A decrease in the numbers of household units and unaccompanied children applying for asylum needs to result from a coherent - and I would hope, morally justifiable - process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2019, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
5,175 posts, read 7,198,333 times
Reputation: 6800
The fastest, and least expensive way to solve this illegal entry into this country is simple.
First put the armed military on the southern border.
Erect billboards every 1/4 mile, facing Mexico.

In big red letters stating,"ENTRAR EN ESTE PAÍS ILEGALMENTE, Y VOLVER A CASA EN UNA BOLSA DE CUERPO"
For those of you who can't read Spanish, it states, "ENTER THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY, AND GO HOME IN A BODY BAG".
Can't make it any easier than that.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 06:31 AM
 
5,630 posts, read 4,361,094 times
Reputation: 6074
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
Small Border Patrol stations/crossing areas every 25 miles.

One large headquarters every 100 miles with Border crossing stations.

Build 1 large facility in the largest crossing area. Have a hospital there as well as many administration building's. Small town for Government employees. An airport. Lodging areas for those in the limbo of being sent back to Country of Origin or allowed into the U.S. A Veterinary service area as well.

Increase staffing at National Parks and Forest areas along the Border to better secure the area.

Increase staffing of medical professionals.

Work with private home owners to lease land on the Border to better patrol it.

Have 3 Aviation Unit's.

3 Water Unit's and work with the Coast Guard to better protect the Waterways.

Reform Immigration Laws to reduce red tape and make legalization a smoother process.

Reduce the size of the Border by returning some land back to Mexio and land to Tribes in the area.
We want the illegals on the other side of the wall where they are not our problem. This "solution" just puts them in our schools, hospitals and courts where they steal money from the rest of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-12-2019, 06:34 AM
 
34,378 posts, read 15,491,495 times
Reputation: 9129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Dude View Post
Or, ya know we could just start putting business owners in jail for hiring them. Genius idea, i know.


That would pretty much solve illegal immigration over night.

It has to be proven though that an employer "knowingly" had illegals working for them. Many times the illegal workers uses fake or stolen documents to obtain work. E-verify will help with that problem. Then there are those who pay cash to their illegal workers to. We need a total package to deter illegal entry into our country and that should include good physical barriers also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top