U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 06:31 PM

12,827 posts, read 6,156,312 times

Advertisements

So...OP --- You're upset because, illegals who have no business sneaking into this country are getting injured while trying to break into the US? Well, if they get injured, then it is on them, not on the USA.

Reasonably intelligent people would instantly know that if a fence is topped with concertina wire, that if one were to scale it, they would get injured. Or, if one scales a very high barrier and falls, they would get injured.

Every country in the world has immigration laws. Why shouldn't the US have them, too?

Every country in the world has the right to protect their borders---like it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 06:58 PM

15,574 posts, read 6,150,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIntercept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
https://theintercept.com/2019/02/10/...fence-history/

Be sure and read it all. What a bunch of low life's. Our Congressional Represenatives and Presidents i mean.
The quoted article (link):

Migrants die and disappear in staggeringly high numbers along the U.S.-Mexico border, as Washington over the years has shut down relatively safe, traditional urban entry points, forcing border crossers into hostile desert terrain. Migrants also sustain severe life-threatening or crippling injuries. They fall into mine shafts and break their backs.
Let me get this straight; we should dissolve our border to make it safe to barge into our country?

Old 03-24-2019, 07:36 PM

1,253 posts, read 3,342,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Let me get this straight; we should dissolve our border to make it safe to barge into our country?
Not when those people are needed to incite liberal voting and undercut wages and labor laws. We’ve been excusing things for supposed economic benefit since the beginning. If it came down to choosing between rich people going broke or going back to slavery, what do you think would happen? They would spin it into a choice issue, and push for people having the right to sell themselves into bondage only after reinstating debters prisons.

America strives on the suffering of “other” human beings. We are literally a Darwinist Petri dish. I support capitalism, but without regulation and rule of law, it’s a pathetic slough of ignorant piggery. It’s funny how racism may actually save the country in this case. Just like slavery didn’t end because of altruism.

I’m not against immigration because of brown people, I’m against it because people are using it to achieve selfish goals and the aftermath is NOT benefitting the average American. Just like tax brakes for the rich don’t.

You can beat me up for supporting a colorblind dominant national culture, but serving for this country has inspired me.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM

20,216 posts, read 9,874,689 times
You know someone tried to break into my home but couldn't get through all the locks on the doors. Then he climbed a tree to enter through a second floor window, slipped, and broke some bones. I felt terrible, of course, and decided to do the right thing and just leave the front door unlocked.

We should do the same thing at the border because ya know....we don't want people hurting themselves when they're breaking the law.

Old 03-24-2019, 10:01 PM

5,140 posts, read 1,008,770 times
We could hang a sign saying "climb at your own risk, we are not responsible for any injury that occurs due to your determination to break our laws". Would that clot your bleeding heart?

Old 03-25-2019, 07:57 AM

13,024 posts, read 19,847,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You know someone tried to break into my home but couldn't get through all the locks on the doors. Then he climbed a tree to enter through a second floor window, slipped, and broke some bones. I felt terrible, of course, and decided to do the right thing and just leave the front door unlocked.

We should do the same thing at the border because ya know....we don't want people hurting themselves when they're breaking the law.
The right thing would be to cut down the tree, or trim it so the window can't be reached from it.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The right thing would be to cut down the tree, or trim it so the window can't be reached from it.
The right thing to do is protect my home and I don't have to cut down a tree to do that.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
The right thing to do is protect my home and I don't have to cut down a tree to do that.
Right. Just trim it. Better than leaving the front door unlocked.

Old 03-25-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
Right. Just trim it. Better than leaving the front door unlocked.
But we'll still see people crying about criminals breaking their bones while breaking the law....lol.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
But we'll still see people crying about criminals breaking their bones while breaking the law....lol.
They'll get over it. Just give them a tissue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or