U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM

8,750 posts, read 4,437,902 times

Advertisements

This ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Not when those people are needed to incite liberal voting and undercut wages and labor laws. We’ve been excusing things for supposed economic benefit since the beginning. If it came down to choosing between rich people going broke or going back to slavery, what do you think would happen? They would spin it into a choice issue, and push for people having the right to sell themselves into bondage only after reinstating debters prisons.

America strives on the suffering of “other” human beings. We are literally a Darwinist Petri dish. I support capitalism, but without regulation and rule of law, it’s a pathetic slough of ignorant piggery. It’s funny how racism may actually save the country in this case. Just like slavery didn’t end because of altruism.

I’m not against immigration because of brown people, I’m against it because people are using it to achieve selfish goals and the aftermath is NOT benefitting the average American. Just like tax brakes for the rich don’t.

You can beat me up for supporting a colorblind dominant national culture, but serving for this country has inspired me.
PS: Debtors' Prisons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 08:33 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,354,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The right thing would be to cut down the tree, or trim it so the window can't be reached from it.
Yeah, let’s dig a mile wide/steep canyon on the southern border.

Old 03-26-2019, 08:46 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,354,882 times
I know the liberals don’t want the wall, but the intensity I’m seeing in stopping it is not commensurate. I have got to imagine there is significant Koch brother/US Chamber of Commerce hegemony involved here.

Wouldn’t mind getting an Army of disabled veterans camped out in front of Koch Industries as well as the big doners giving to US Chamber of Commerce and Hispanic Groups tying open borders to their donations. They gave big to environmental groups to step out of the discussion. The message; why the hell did we serve, get injured and die for an “economy”. A nation without borders is not a nation.

Old 03-27-2019, 07:22 AM

13,102 posts, read 19,934,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Yeah, lets dig a mile wide/steep canyon on the southern border.
Why do that when a wall will do the same thing?

Note that I do not support building a wall.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:31 PM

36,786 posts, read 16,356,564 times
Quote:
Why do that when a wall will do the same thing?

Note that I do not support building a wall.
Mind if I ask why? The wall is only the completion of the one already approved by congress back in 2006 which is only to be on 700-1,000 miles of the most porous areas of our border. When you consider what illegal aliens cost us annually the wall is a bargain. Also, where it's already been built it has been very effective in deterring illegal entry. Neither boots on the ground nor technology will be as effective as good physical barriers. It should be a combination of all three.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Mind if I ask why? The wall is only the completion of the one already approved by congress back in 2006 which is only to be on 700-1,000 miles of the most porous areas of our border. When you consider what illegal aliens cost us annually the wall is a bargain. Also, where it's already been built it has been very effective in deterring illegal entry. Neither boots on the ground nor technology will be as effective as good physical barriers. It should be a combination of all three.
I posted why a long time ago. I remember Reagan at the Berlin Wall saying, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" It still bothers me, but you have done a good job explaining how they work. I respect that, but it just conflicts with my heart that says, "There has to be a better way..." All that said, I'm more in agreement with your side of the immigration debate than with the other side.

Old 03-27-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
I posted why a long time ago. I remember Reagan at the Berlin Wall saying, "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" It still bothers me, but you have done a good job explaining how they work. I respect that, but it just conflicts with my heart that says, "There has to be a better way..." All that said, I'm more in agreement with your side of the immigration debate than with the other side.
The Berlin wall was to separate East Berlin from West Berlin it had nothing to do with illegal immigration. They were all citizens of Germany not two different countries. Communism was what caused that not illegal immigration. They are two different situations.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:03 PM

8,585 posts, read 11,070,781 times
Quote:
The Berlin wall was to separate East Berlin from West Berlin it had nothing to do with illegal immigration. They were all citizens of Germany not two different countries. Communism was what caused that not illegal immigration. They are two different situations.
Huh? You mean Germany and the German Democratic Republic? The two countries that reunified after the removal of the Wall and the collapse of the Soviet Union. GDR, the communist country that surrounded Berlin? They're about as different as two countries can get. The wall was to prevent people from emigrating to Germany from the GDR.

So what you're saying is that the Peoples Democratic Republic of Korea and Korea are the same country? Are Canada and the US the same country in your world too?

Old 03-27-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
I know they are two different situations, but the concept of a wall bothers me. Don't worry about it. I understand it is just my opinion. It means nothing more than that.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I know they are two different situations, but the concept of a wall bothers me. Don't worry about it. I understand it is just my opinion. It means nothing more than that.
I'm not worried about it I just don't understand your position at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or