U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 07:48 AM

10,317 posts, read 10,316,554 times

Advertisements

https://theintercept.com/2019/02/10/...fence-history/

Be sure and read it all. What a bunch of low life's. Our Congressional Represenatives and Presidents i mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2019, 12:13 PM

11,635 posts, read 8,149,788 times
Soooo by this rationale we should remove fences from prisons because if an inmate tried to climb over them he might get hurt?

The article reads that school kids waiting for the bus have to look at all the terrible constantine wire. I say aren't those kids lucky that they are deemed precious enough to protect them from someone that would cross the border illegally and hurt them or their parents.

The only "low lifes" I see are the Dems and Reps that have a problem with doing everything they can to protect America from people who's first act upon crossing the border is to break our immigration laws.

Build the Wall where it is needed and use other means to monitor where it is not.

It is so basic.

If someone chooses to skirt our security then guess what they are up to no good and they should be stopped.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:22 PM

5,818 posts, read 13,271,430 times
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idUSKCN1PX28R

The smugglers dropped them at remote locations and they wait for the border patrol.

One party of our representatives believe you and I should provide free benefits, including college, healthcare and shelter to these people. Personally I disagree when we have children in the US who are homeless, hungry, and cannot afford to go to college or pay for healthcare.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:23 PM

5,818 posts, read 13,271,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Be sure and read it all. What a bunch of low life's. Our Congressional Represenatives and Presidents i mean.

Your source is left media bias.
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/intercept

Old 02-10-2019, 01:06 PM

11,635 posts, read 8,149,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idUSKCN1PX28R

The smugglers dropped them at remote locations and they wait for the border patrol.

One party of our representatives believe you and I should provide free benefits, including college, healthcare and shelter to these people. Personally I disagree when we have children in the US who are homeless, hungry, and cannot afford to go to college or pay for healthcare.

This is what I don't understand about this illegal immigration crisis. We have members on the Left that have shed tears on TV over the situation that these poor people find themselves in and they tell us that we need to embrace them, help them and give them asylum from the horrors they are fleeing.

I have empathy for them but when we consider what they claim to be fleeing, corrupt Gov. corrupt Police, No hope for the future, Depression, drug cartels, drug dealers, roving gangs that corrupt the kids and if they refuse they are raped or killed etc etc.. and I would ask how is this any different than what many of our citizens that live within the inner cities face everyday?

Are any tears shed for them?

Shouldn't we be helping our citizens before reaching out to help the world?

Old 02-11-2019, 10:47 AM

921 posts, read 365,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I have empathy for them but when we consider what they claim to be fleeing, corrupt Gov. corrupt Police, No hope for the future, Depression, drug cartels, drug dealers, roving gangs that corrupt the kids and if they refuse they are raped or killed etc etc.. and I would ask how is this any different than what many of our citizens that live within the inner cities face everyday?
No.

Quote:
Are any tears shed for them?
By the more progressive Democrats, yes. By Republicans, no.

Quote:
Shouldn't we be helping our citizens before reaching out to help the world?
Yes. What's your proposal?

In recent history, the Republican party has not been interested in helping people in inner cities, unless your idea of "help" is just incarcerating as many as possible.

From a practical standpoint, those people aren't voting Republican, so Republicans would rather save the handouts for farmers and poor people in rural areas.

I understand that you're trying to bridge the divide by suggesting that Democrats should shift their priorities, but expressing concern about the plight of people in inner cities is a weird way to do it.

Let's say we close the borders to stem the tide of illegal immigrants milking the system. Republicans are more likely to lower the capital gains rate to 0% than to push for programs that primarily help inner-city minorities.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:54 PM

22,562 posts, read 16,711,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

You're upset because the wall is acting like a deterrent? That's the whole dang point.

If someone sees concertina wire all the way to the ground, and still tries to get over it, why on earth should I feel bad about that?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:36 PM

13,457 posts, read 8,472,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're upset because the wall is acting like a deterrent? That's the whole dang point.

If someone sees concertina wire all the way to the ground, and still tries to get over it, why on earth should I feel bad about that?
Doesn't it remind you of certain Arabs in 1992 complaining about the use of smart bombs?
"No fair!", they said.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:56 PM

10,786 posts, read 2,666,455 times
Quote:
Soooo by this rationale we should remove fences from prisons because if an inmate tried to climb over them he might get hurt?

The only "low lifes" I see are the Dems and Reps that have a problem with doing everything they can to protect America from people who's first act upon crossing the border is to break our immigration laws.

Build the Wall where it is needed and use other means to monitor where it is not.

If someone chooses to skirt our security then guess what they are up to no good and they should be stopped.
Illegals who don't go to official ports of entry have something to hide, like a criminal background.

If Mexicans don't like looking at ugly barriers they can plant flowering vines to cover them.

Old 02-11-2019, 04:19 PM

10,786 posts, read 2,666,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
In recent history, the Republican party has not been interested in helping people in inner cities, unless your idea of "help" is just incarcerating as many as possible. Democrats should shift their priorities, but expressing concern about the plight of people in inner cities is a weird way to do it.
You should make it a habit to watch the White House youtube channel because you'd already know about the Opportunity Zone program (as well as many more wonderful things this administration has been doing for the poor). Kanye West was a big supporter.

White House spokesman Hogan Gidley told the AP that individual state governors of both parties nominate communities for Opportunity Zone designation “based on what underserved areas would benefit most. … The White House has nothing to do with those decisions.”

The Investing in Opportunity Act, which became law last December as part of the Republican-sponsored tax overhaul, never gained traction when it was first proposed during the Obama administration, but it quickly found favor in a White House headed and dominated by real estate developers and investors.

A significant moment came when the law’s key GOP sponsor, South Carolina U.S. Sen. Tim Scott, met President Trump after the violence-plagued white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, in August of 2017. Trump promised Scott his support for Opportunity Zones as a way to show his administration’s outreach to minority communities. Scott had already found a supporter weeks earlier in Trump’s daughter, in conversations that grew out of previous meetings about passing a child care tax credit. Political sponsors and lobbyists told the AP that Ivanka Trump played an important role in promoting the legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or