U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 02:59 PM

74,883 posts, read 32,021,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why do you argue against the wall.
I've stated why multiple times right in this thread.

Quote:
Most posters seem to feel a combination of a wall (physical barrier), e-verify, and stiff fines/punishment for employers who hire illegals is the way to go.
Nobody from either side is talking or pushing e-verify in any form. Why is that? (I ask this question over and over and few even try to answer it)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 07:27 AM

21,033 posts, read 21,200,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've stated why multiple times right in this thread.

Nobody from either side is talking or pushing e-verify in any form. Why is that? (I ask this question over and over and few even try to answer it)
Its been asked and answered.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Its been asked and answered.
The only answer is "yeah, no one is even talking about that but they should". There are a few honest replies that note that the issue is not about stopping people from coming here.

So then my question would be "why all the dishonesty"?

Old 02-26-2019, 11:40 AM

21,033 posts, read 21,200,725 times
Quote:
The only answer is "yeah, no one is even talking about that but they should". There are a few honest replies that note that the issue is not about stopping people from coming here.

So then my question would be "why all the dishonesty"?
Its been stated multiple times.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
If you say so.

Old 02-26-2019, 03:51 PM

4,356 posts, read 3,607,944 times
Quote:
The argument is mandatory e-verify with stiff enforcement is a better deterrent but no one is pushing that.

Ask yourself why.
That's a huge part of the problem, it is loosely mandated and across the country it is nowhere near a uniform and cohesive program.

It's about what it is always about...money for the powerful elite in this country.

Map of States with Mandatory E-Verify Laws

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/l...rify-laws.html

Old 02-26-2019, 06:49 PM

3,167 posts, read 1,253,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I posted a link to the study: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...12-16-09_2.pdf

And as to your faulty logic, why do you believe illegal aliens would not comprise 6.2% of the working population and therefore 6.2% of those employers tried to vet via e-verify? The Yale/MIT study concludes there are at least 22 million illegal aliens in the US. That's 6.8% of the US population. So, as to the 6.2% that comprise illegal aliens vetted via e-verify, e-verify misses 54% of them due to identity theft/fraud.
I heard from my friend that their fast food restaurant is actually doing E-Verify for the first time. Needless to say, more United States LEGAL workers have a job now.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:27 AM

34,930 posts, read 15,437,756 times
Quote:
When we start doing that, we can discuss it.

My views are not unknown. Mandatory e-verify with strong enforcement and repercussions for hiring those here illegally. That will address the reason they come and those already here.

Nobody is pushing that. No one.

Why?
"Nobody is pushing that. No one."

So, you consider YOURSELF "no one"!

I have said MANY times that I AM IN FAVOR of e verify, even though toady it can be EASILY "tricked".

You should slow down and ACTUALLY READ what others say BEFORE making baseless assumptions and accusations.

Then when it IS pointed out to you that e verify HAS BEEN discussed, you get all huffy and snarky.
if you want to be treated like an adult, ACT LIKE ONE!

pknopp
befriend
74,269 posts, read 31,756,161 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares

If you say so.

"pknopp
befriend
74,269 posts, read 31,756,161 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares

If you say so.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Nobody is pushing that. No one."

So, you consider YOURSELF "no one"!
It's tough to try and figure out your quoting style. [quote]..............[/quote around what you want to quote but close it out with another ]

Old 02-27-2019, 07:03 AM

34,706 posts, read 15,650,000 times
We who oppose illegal immigration have consistently pushed for e-verify. We can't vouch for those in congress who don't want it and it was the Democrats who voted it down the last time. Trump had e-verify in his 2019 budget but who knows what stage of the game it's in now.

E-verify alone won't solve the illegal immigration problem. Not all illegals are coming here to work. Unless we couple it with denying their kids our birthright citizenship and benefits they'll still come here for that reason. Many work for cash to. However, e-verify should be a part of the solution along with building the good physical barriers to deter them from getting into our country in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or