U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-14-2019, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,188 posts, read 3,304,136 times
Reputation: 675

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wes...-buy-guns/amp/

The Democratic Party has long had their sights set on undermining the Second Amendment-protected right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, and have supported a plethora of proposals that would limit or even prohibit that right to certain individuals for a variety of reasons.

Many Democrats have also recently called for the abolition of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, dead-set in opposition to President Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration and secure the nation from criminal illegal aliens.

But what happens when those two issues — strict gun control versus strict immigration control — come into conflict? As it turns out, Democrats seem to prefer to side with illegal immigrants and oppose ICE over strengthening the gun control laws they themselves have proposed — laws that would alert certain authorities when an individual fails a background check for an attempted purchase of a firearm.


Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz tweeted on Wednesday, “Democrats in the Judiciary Committee just voted against notifying ICE when an illegal alien fails a background check to buy a gun. They hate ICE so much that they’d keep ICE in the dark when illegals try to get guns!”


“Clearly, the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee don’t care about preventing gun violence, they simply are playing politics with Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” Steube told Florida Daily. “The fact that Democrats do not want law enforcement notified if an individual attempting to purchase a firearm fails a background check is truly troubling.”

“In rejecting this amendment, the Democrats have shown their true colors,” he continued. “It is clear they are not interested in preventing gun violence or stopping the illegal purchase of firearms, but rather they are only interested in limiting the rights of law abiding citizens to advance their own political agenda.”


—————————————————————————————————————————————



The thing is, one of the key policies I agreed with Democrats with is common sense gun control. Between this and after birth abortions, I’m starting to loose patience with Democrats real quick and on a higher level. A much higher level. Dems are wrong if they think they’ve reached some sort of critical mass and the US will soon mirror post 187 California.

The Midwest might very well go total Republican, as will many western states when they hit 60% white. Florida will flip flop for another 20 years at least. Virginia’s bluing May have just come to an abrupt end. Texas is Republican for another 15 years or so. There’s a perfect storm brewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-14-2019, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
10,862 posts, read 7,698,636 times
Reputation: 19141
I wonder how fast the Dems would put up a wall IF they succeed in banning guns and bullets and then it is found out that there is a steady black market stream of guns coming across the border?



I have heard that right now there is a problem with guns being smuggled INTO Mexico from the US (and a wall would help stop this) and no doubt those guns are being used by cartels, gangs and criminals to intimidate and murder anyone that opposes them.

Let's not forget that Obama had that failed mess called Fast and Furious where the US Gov. sent guns to Mexico cartels for some reason.



I think the Democrats have gone and will go to even more extreme measures and it is all due to Trump. They can't stand him. They hate him for exposing them.

Denying him a wall to secure the border is playing a game of politics with peoples lives on both sides of the border. Limiting beds at detention centers means more will be caught and then quickly released. They simply don't care about people getting hurt, all they care about is future voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2019, 07:40 AM
 
5,637 posts, read 4,369,779 times
Reputation: 6086
People who sell guns to illegals should be jailed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-15-2019, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Upstate NY
33,063 posts, read 9,794,723 times
Reputation: 31350
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wes...-buy-guns/amp/

The Democratic Party has long had their sights set on undermining the Second Amendment-protected right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, and have supported a plethora of proposals that would limit or even prohibit that right to certain individuals for a variety of reasons.

Many Democrats have also recently called for the abolition of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, dead-set in opposition to President Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration and secure the nation from criminal illegal aliens.

But what happens when those two issues — strict gun control versus strict immigration control — come into conflict? As it turns out, Democrats seem to prefer to side with illegal immigrants and oppose ICE over strengthening the gun control laws they themselves have proposed — laws that would alert certain authorities when an individual fails a background check for an attempted purchase of a firearm.


Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz tweeted on Wednesday, “Democrats in the Judiciary Committee just voted against notifying ICE when an illegal alien fails a background check to buy a gun. They hate ICE so much that they’d keep ICE in the dark when illegals try to get guns!”


“Clearly, the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee don’t care about preventing gun violence, they simply are playing politics with Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” Steube told Florida Daily. “The fact that Democrats do not want law enforcement notified if an individual attempting to purchase a firearm fails a background check is truly troubling.”

“In rejecting this amendment, the Democrats have shown their true colors,” he continued. “It is clear they are not interested in preventing gun violence or stopping the illegal purchase of firearms, but rather they are only interested in limiting the rights of law abiding citizens to advance their own political agenda.”


—————————————————————————————————————————————



The thing is, one of the key policies I agreed with Democrats with is common sense gun control. Between this and after birth abortions, I’m starting to loose patience with Democrats real quick and on a higher level. A much higher level. Dems are wrong if they think they’ve reached some sort of critical mass and the US will soon mirror post 187 California.

The Midwest might very well go total Republican, as will many western states when they hit 60% white. Florida will flip flop for another 20 years at least. Virginia’s bluing May have just come to an abrupt end. Texas is Republican for another 15 years or so. There’s a perfect storm brewing.

We already have "common sense gun laws."

The Dems simply don't care about citizens. Preserving the right of illegals to enter this country and prey on Americans--now, incentivizing them even more by setting up comfy welcome centers at the border--is their priority.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2019, 04:40 PM
 
Location: Metropolis
1,188 posts, read 3,304,136 times
Reputation: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I wonder how fast the Dems would put up a wall IF they succeed in banning guns and bullets and then it is found out that there is a steady black market stream of guns coming across the border?



I have heard that right now there is a problem with guns being smuggled INTO Mexico from the US (and a wall would help stop this) and no doubt those guns are being used by cartels, gangs and criminals to intimidate and murder anyone that opposes them.

Let's not forget that Obama had that failed mess called Fast and Furious where the US Gov. sent guns to Mexico cartels for some reason.



I think the Democrats have gone and will go to even more extreme measures and it is all due to Trump. They can't stand him. They hate him for exposing them.

Denying him a wall to secure the border is playing a game of politics with peoples lives on both sides of the border. Limiting beds at detention centers means more will be caught and then quickly released. They simply don't care about people getting hurt, all they care about is future voters.

They hate him because the pro mass population increase lobby have united with them. And this group is powerful. They have a lot of money and centuries of horrific history they can piggyback on to amplify their cause. They feel like modern day Moses, except they don’t need no stinkin Yahweh. Any common sense objections have been nullified and ignored. Environment, exploitation, wage growth, crime, national debt are just not attributable to millions of more foreigners added to the country in short order.

Their just human like you or me. If they come here, then I am just as guilty as they are concerning these issues. Borders are just ceremonial vestiges of a savage past. So why didn’t Obama let the Kurds have their own country then. How about the Palestinians or Mindanao?

If they don’t want a border, then we should disband our military. You can’t ask young men and women to die for a country without distinction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2019, 06:46 AM
 
34,716 posts, read 15,339,266 times
Reputation: 7895
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wes...-buy-guns/amp/

The Democratic Party has long had their sights set on undermining the Second Amendment-protected right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms, and have supported a plethora of proposals that would limit or even prohibit that right to certain individuals for a variety of reasons.

Many Democrats have also recently called for the abolition of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, dead-set in opposition to President Donald Trump’s efforts to crack down on illegal immigration and secure the nation from criminal illegal aliens.

But what happens when those two issues — strict gun control versus strict immigration control — come into conflict? As it turns out, Democrats seem to prefer to side with illegal immigrants and oppose ICE over strengthening the gun control laws they themselves have proposed — laws that would alert certain authorities when an individual fails a background check for an attempted purchase of a firearm.


Republican Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz tweeted on Wednesday, “Democrats in the Judiciary Committee just voted against notifying ICE when an illegal alien fails a background check to buy a gun. They hate ICE so much that they’d keep ICE in the dark when illegals try to get guns!”


“Clearly, the Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee don’t care about preventing gun violence, they simply are playing politics with Americans’ Second Amendment rights,” Steube told Florida Daily. “The fact that Democrats do not want law enforcement notified if an individual attempting to purchase a firearm fails a background check is truly troubling.”

“In rejecting this amendment, the Democrats have shown their true colors,” he continued. “It is clear they are not interested in preventing gun violence or stopping the illegal purchase of firearms, but rather they are only interested in limiting the rights of law abiding citizens to advance their own political agenda.”


—————————————————————————————————————————————



The thing is, one of the key policies I agreed with Democrats with is common sense gun control. Between this and after birth abortions, I’m starting to loose patience with Democrats real quick and on a higher level. A much higher level. Dems are wrong if they think they’ve reached some sort of critical mass and the US will soon mirror post 187 California.

The Midwest might very well go total Republican, as will many western states when they hit 60% white. Florida will flip flop for another 20 years at least. Virginia’s bluing May have just come to an abrupt end. Texas is Republican for another 15 years or so. There’s a perfect storm brewing.

"The thing is, one of the key policies I agreed with Democrats with is common sense gun control"


The thing is, not a single proposals by the dems that I know of, shows ANY "common sense"!


The vast majority of the over 2,000 gun laws today were passed by dems, and what have thue achieved?


MOST gun violence takes place in city and urban area which are CONTROLLED BY DEMS.


If all their "common sense" laws are so good, why is this?


Their history of controlling "gun violence" is so poor, why should we even bother to listen to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,729 posts, read 31,060,844 times
Reputation: 18374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The thing is, one of the key policies I agreed with Democrats with is common sense gun control"


The thing is, not a single proposals by the dems that I know of, shows ANY "common sense"!


The vast majority of the over 2,000 gun laws today were passed by dems, and what have thue achieved?


MOST gun violence takes place in city and urban area which are CONTROLLED BY DEMS.


If all their "common sense" laws are so good, why is this?


Their history of controlling "gun violence" is so poor, why should we even bother to listen to them?
It's insane. California "dems" just passed, or should I say nuked, a law that made it a felony to steal a gun. If that gun isn't over a grand in value. Which would be almost all guns except high end stuff.

Almost all crimes are committed with cheap semi-auto handguns. Back ground checks are a joke because when someone gets rejected trying to buy (another felony) they barely prosecute anyone.

It's one.... complete.... joke.


from the open borders to the liberal policies, no wonder large urban centers are still the wild west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
 
11,676 posts, read 4,289,763 times
Reputation: 5088
You guys remain nuts. Informing ICE is the fourth item after you sic the FBI, State cops and local cops on citizens and legal aliens.

There is virtually no indication that illegals ever try to buy guns through the legal channels. And if they did they would do as the cartels have always done and use a straw buyer.

And there is no indication of any flow of guns into the US over the southern border. There is however great evidence of flow the other way. We basically are one of the two big sources of armament to the Mexican cartels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
 
Location: Cape Cod
10,862 posts, read 7,698,636 times
Reputation: 19141
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

And there is no indication of any flow of guns into the US over the southern border. There is however great evidence of flow the other way. We basically are one of the two big sources of armament to the Mexican cartels.



AND a wall would help to solve this problem. You say that guns are smuggled into Mexico (illegally) to the cartels. The poor people smuggle themselves into the US to escape the powerful and well armed cartels (illegally)

A wall would help prevent all this illegal activity and suffering that happens both North and South of the border.

The Dems like cartels? since they don't seem to be against them and the drugs they push. The Dems Love their illegal aliens for some reason. The Dems HATE the wall. I used to think it was because of political reasons but now I see the reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
 
11,676 posts, read 4,289,763 times
Reputation: 5088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
AND a wall would help to solve this problem. You say that guns are smuggled into Mexico (illegally) to the cartels. The poor people smuggle themselves into the US to escape the powerful and well armed cartels (illegally)

A wall would help prevent all this illegal activity and suffering that happens both North and South of the border.

The Dems like cartels? since they don't seem to be against them and the drugs they push. The Dems Love their illegal aliens for some reason. The Dems HATE the wall. I used to think it was because of political reasons but now I see the reason.
The guns go to Mexico in the back of trucks. Not over the wall.

The resistance is to Trump's wall which is simply a monument to his ineptitude. Practical barriers to funnel people to ports of entry and to prevent urban passage are perfectly reasonable.

that the walls are thought needed to control asylum seekers is just another example of the inability of the present administration to do its job. Asylum seekers are not illegal aliens and should be handled smoothly and promptly. Most will be returned home but it should be done with care and good will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top