Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 AM

440 posts, read 329,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
SPINNER....This thread is about this LIAR. And then you spin it. Just simply say "no comment".
Me a "spinner" . . . . no, the problem is you have issues with reality. The reality of the situation is yes she is a liar who should be and apparently will be punished for lying. Being a liar is a far cry from being an illegal alien MURDERER. Tuck in your shirt tail your desperation is showing. . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 08:37 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
^^^ This story just shows how low the anti-illegal crowd will stoop to make latinos and immigrants look bad. How many more false stories are out there about illegal immigrants?
No it doesn't. This story is about one disturbed girl that deserves to be prosecuted. How many people like the killer of Jamiel Shaw are out there?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:47 AM

440 posts, read 329,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No it doesn't. This story is about one disturbed girl that deserves to be prosecuted. How many people like the killer of Jamiel Shaw are out there?
Far too many which is why IA huggers perpetually attempt to compare apples to oranges. Anybody with common sense would realize that equating a liar is equal to being an illegal alien murderer is more than a little insane.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Here are some of my points/observations since I posted frequently on the other threads regarding this topic.

1) The girl fabricated a story in which she targeted a group of Latino's as culprits to committing a crime against her solely for the reason to prove her point about illegal immigrants. She should be punished and by that I mean not a slap on the wrist. She needs to apologize firstly to all those she accused and ask for their forgiveness. She then needs to apologize to her school and then her family. The damage that she could have done may have been immense and hurt innocent people.

2) No way does this story or any other story like it mean that illegal immigration is ok. It is an issue that is on the front-burner today in which the public overwhelmingly supports a more active enforcement of our borders, yet our government refuses to budge on due to political correctness, votes, money, treason, and cowardice.

3) I have yet to see anyone her who believed her at first, myself included, not demand she be punished and be held accountable. This is very refreshing although it's not surprising thankfully. Nobody is making excuses for this girl and nobody should.

4) This story reminds me of the Columbia University "noose" hoax earlier this year and the racist flyers a group of leftist students hung at George Washington University in which they claimed that the Young America's Foundation (a Republican group) hated Muslims (you can see the flyer here Michelle Malkin » The left fakes the hate at GWU). Well nothing was made of these false accusations. I guess they "raised awareness", huh? Anyway, my point is that people in this issue are demanding that the girl be held accountable and even the girl's father agrees with the punishment.

5) As for being "racist" for automatically assuming that the attackers were Latino, well, I disagree. How many white people would be so upset at signs against illegal immigration that would attack someone over it? Don't you think that those most upset about a sign like this are those that share the same ethnicity as the group of people that dominate our current illegal immigrant population? My point is, I doubt a bunch of Swedish students would attack this girl before a group of Latino students who may have friends/family that are considered illegal.

The only mistake that I and others may have made was not waiting until the whole story came out before we made judgement. This is quite common as stories like this don't happen frequently. My guess as to why we did jump on it so soon may be that we see too many stories like this:

Crime victims of illegal aliens

Cop murder spotlights<br> crisis of killer aliens

More illegal aliens<br> tried in gang rapes

Slain Officer Honored In Funeral Service - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4485183/detail.html - broken link)

Police killing puts focus on illegal immigrant crime - The Business Journal of Phoenix:

20 Illegal Immigrants Detained Following Deputy Attack - Central Florida News 13

Right Truth: Illegal immigrants Attack

Illegal Alien Charged In Sex Attack On A.C. Bartender - Local News Story - WCAU | Philadelphia

3 illegal immigrants charged in Friday attack - [domain blocked due to spam]

FOXNews.com - Arizona Serial Rape Suspect Arrested, Linked to Attacks by DNA - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Man accused in teen's slaying is in U.S. illegally - Los Angeles Times (broken link)

JS Online: Man convicted of killing deputy

3 undocumented immigrants held in rape attempt - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Anyway, I guess we were wrong to jump conclusions. It's not like attacks happen the much anyway, right?

Old 04-10-2008, 10:16 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
I bet you this girls parents have a lot of racial/ethnic hatred towards Mexicans.

I expect much more of this to go on. What is next?

Are White people going to try and hand out Mexican flags in L.A. to the Mexicans at the protests?

What about hanging a Mexican Flag over the US flag and saying some evil Mexican did it?

Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I bet you this girls parents have a lot of racial/ethnic hatred towards Mexicans.

Why do you think that? The father supports the girls punishment.

I expect much more of this to go on. What is next?

It's been going on. The noose case at Columbia U, the flyers put up by leftists claiming to be members of Young Americas Foundation, etc.

Are White people going to try and hand out Mexican flags in L.A. to the Mexicans at the protests?

White people won't have too. There will be plenty of Mexican flags on display from the real protestors. Pretty stupid to fly the flag of the country you are so quick to leave that you will break another country's laws to leave it, instead of the flag of the country that you want to be in.

What about hanging a Mexican Flag over the US flag and saying some evil Mexican did it?

Has this ever happened? I do know that Mexican groups have flown the Mexican flag over the American flag on American soil:

Gateway Pundit: Veteran Sentenced For Desecrating Mexican Flag at UNM Campus

Teen punished for U.S. flag flip

Channel 4 KRNV.com: Local News and Weather for Reno-Tahoe Region: Mexican flag flown over U.S. flag at Reno business

Mexican flag flies at U.S. post office
You're right. They will fly the Mexican flag over ours. Further proof they don't want to become American but want the advantages of being one.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:37 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Three hispanic students (legal or not) stole her sign -- I saw one of them on camera - which I guess precipitated her fabrication.

I think the girl should be expelled along with the students who stole her sign. They were all provoking turmoil and potential violence.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:11 PM

2,686 posts, read 7,871,502 times
Default I am sorry for jumping to conclusions

I and a number of us jumped to conclusions here.

Right or wrong we gave this girl the benefit of the doubt and did not afford the same respect to those she was accusing.

Maybe stealing her sign was wrong. I agree with that.

However, making up a story about being attacked for her sign is much worse. To say that she and those who stole her sign should face the same punishment is ridiculous.

You can punish those who stole the sign to show them that it was wrong but her punishment should be much more severe. Give those guys 1 day suspension and her 5 days suspension and file charges against her for making false claims. I think they should make her go on the news or perhaps a school assembly and apologize to those she falsely accused. Those who stole her sign were wrong but this did not warrant her making false accusations that even further reinforce negative stereotypes held against hispanics, legal or not.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humboldt1 View Post
I and a number of us jumped to conclusions here.

Right or wrong we gave this girl the benefit of the doubt and did not afford the same respect to those she was accusing.

Maybe stealing her sign was wrong. I agree with that.

However, making up a story about being attacked for her sign is much worse. To say that she and those who stole her sign should face the same punishment is ridiculous.

You can punish those who stole the sign to show them that it was wrong but her punishment should be much more severe. Give those guys 1 day suspension and her 5 days suspension and file charges against her for making false claims. I think they should make her go on the news or perhaps a school assembly and apologize to those she falsely accused. Those who stole her sign were wrong but this did not warrant her making false accusations that even further reinforce negative stereotypes held against hispanics, legal or not.
Well stated there; as per my more recent posts concerning this topic, I agree also.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:15 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,135,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Three hispanic students (legal or not) stole her sign -- I saw one of them on camera - which I guess precipitated her fabrication.

I think the girl should be expelled along with the students who stole her sign. They were all provoking turmoil and potential violence.

Since when is taking a sign the equivalent to fighting? You can get expelled for fighting. I fail to see how this is "just as bad".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration