U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-07-2019, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,029 posts, read 21,191,020 times
Reputation: 21053

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Despite the hard line stance against illegal immigration, Trump's policies appear to be ineffective at stopping the flow of immigrants into the country. Unauthorized entries are double what they were a year ago, to 76,000/month, as his policies have not discouraged migration. Most of these immigrants apply for asylum upon entry. The problem is not that the migrants are climbing fences, but that the administration is not caring for the immigrants adequately, either through the court system, deportation, or detention.


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/u...gtype=Homepage
Before I read the article two things immediately jumped out at me. One, errrbody keeps saying illegal border crossings have been decreasing for over 10 years. Two, applying to asylum at a port of entry is not illegal immigration which may account for the 76,000/per month number. Ok, three, this administrations system for processing immigrants is no different that previous administrations, same holds true for processing illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-07-2019, 10:14 AM
 
3,572 posts, read 1,077,635 times
Reputation: 2751
Trump policies are ineffective, that's because the libs don't let them take effect, they resist every single inch of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 10:35 AM
 
1,972 posts, read 522,492 times
Reputation: 1085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Despite the hard line stance against illegal immigration, Trump's policies appear to be ineffective at stopping the flow of immigrants into the country. Unauthorized entries are double what they were a year ago, to 76,000/month, as his policies have not discouraged migration. Most of these immigrants apply for asylum upon entry. The problem is not that the migrants are climbing fences, but that the administration is not caring for the immigrants adequately, either through the court system, deportation, or detention.


https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/05/u...gtype=Homepage

It's remarkable how the human speed bumps in the DEM party block Trump at every turn in fixing the border problem and then accuse him of failing.........just ridiculous.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Cumberland Co., TN
21,029 posts, read 21,191,020 times
Reputation: 21053
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Trump policies are ineffective, that's because the libs don't let them take effect, they resist every single inch of the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
It's remarkable how the human speed bumps in the DEM party block Trump at every turn in fixing the border problem and then accuse him of failing.........just ridiculous.......
Exactly. We keep hearing where is the wall, Trump lies, Trumps administration is in effective, but every time he tries to do something there are protests from the left, blocks, court cases, injunctions, and just willful refusal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,917 posts, read 1,484,018 times
Reputation: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Trump's policies appear to be ineffective" -- there's an understatement.

I don't believe Trump's policies are ineffective. I think the law suits, 'head in the sand' congress people on both sides of the aisle and liberal judges who are opposed to protecting the American people from the invasion are the ones causing the problems of border enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 12:26 PM
 
34,701 posts, read 15,635,801 times
Reputation: 9240
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I don't believe Trump's policies are ineffective. I think the law suits, 'head in the sand' congress people on both sides of the aisle and liberal judges who are opposed to protecting the American people from the invasion are the ones causing the problems of border enforcement.
Exactly, how could Trump's policies be ineffective when he has taken such a tough stance on illegal immigration and has been pushing for a wall ever since he was elected? There are other factors in play here and you stated them exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
1,154 posts, read 1,202,470 times
Reputation: 1063
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
It's remarkable how the human speed bumps in the DEM party block Trump at every turn in fixing the border problem and then accuse him of failing.........just ridiculous.......

The Mango Mussolini's party had control of both houses of Congress for the first two years of his term. He accomplished nothing. Time to find a new scapegoat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2019, 08:16 PM
 
34,701 posts, read 15,635,801 times
Reputation: 9240
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
The Mango Mussolini's party had control of both houses of Congress for the first two years of his term. He accomplished nothing. Time to find a new scapegoat.
Who's Mango Mussolini? Just what wasn't accomplished and by whom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2019, 02:40 AM
 
74,876 posts, read 31,996,183 times
Reputation: 14809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's Mango Mussolini? Just what wasn't accomplished and by whom?
He had two years to make Mexico pay for the wall like he promised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2019, 11:03 AM
 
Location: Northwest Peninsula
2,917 posts, read 1,484,018 times
Reputation: 1533
Quote:
Originally Posted by orca17 View Post
The Mango Mussolini's party had control of both houses of Congress for the first two years of his term. He accomplished nothing. Time to find a new scapegoat.
Actually your 'Mango Mussolini' comment rather discredits your credibility and exposes your political bias and short memory.

Then again this reminds me of the first term of Obama when the democrats had a super majority in both houses and did nothing on immigration reform. Actually the democrats did nothing except the ACA which passed without anyone reading it...Remember Pelosi statement 'But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it ...."
That doesn't sound like good leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top