Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 11:16 AM

6,214 posts, read 3,401,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He had two years to make Mexico pay for the wall like he promised.

Your bumper sticker statement has been rebuked numerous times....keeping out illegal aliens will pay for itself with all the savings in free education and health care cost savings for them that Americans citizen pay for.
For example the cost to taxpayers is about $113 billion in 2013 dollars. Of that amount it cost $84 billion absorbed by state and local government. That is what will pay for the wall and port security and keeping criminals including drug smugglers out.

Trump two years of obstruction by democrats and some republicans in the building of the wall are the reason. But I believe he did get funding for 55 miles of badly needed wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 05:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,150,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Your bumper sticker statement has been rebuked numerous times....keeping out illegal aliens will pay for itself with all the savings in free education and health care cost savings for them that Americans citizen pay for.
For example the cost to taxpayers is about $113 billion in 2013 dollars. Of that amount it cost $84 billion absorbed by state and local government. That is what will pay for the wall and port security and keeping criminals including drug smugglers out.

Trump two years of obstruction by democrats and some republicans in the building of the wall are the reason. But I believe he did get funding for 55 miles of badly needed wall.
"Pay for itself" is not what he promised. It does nothing about the millions already here and it won't keep a single person out that wants to come and they will come as long as the jobs are still here. It's not so difficult to bring people in by boat as opposed to box truck. Cuba did it for years.

It was not I with the bumper sticker mentality, but Trump. The (D)'s play this game also. It's easy to back something when you know it isn't going to happen.

Old 03-09-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
"Pay for itself" is not what he promised. It does nothing about the millions already here and it won't keep a single person out that wants to come and they will come as long as the jobs are still here. It's not so difficult to bring people in by boat as opposed to box truck. Cuba did it for years.

It was not I with the bumper sticker mentality, but Trump. The (D)'s play this game also. It's easy to back something when you know it isn't going to happen.

Of course it will pay for itself for the reason I have given? That is a given, but if you still want to stick to a 'bumper sticker' hate Trump mentality be my guest. Its a free country and you can believe what you want.

Now about millions in the US already...simple, pass an 'E-verify' law and it will self deport many.
Programs like Canada and Australia implemented years ago called a 'merit based system'.

I had a nephew who immigrated to Australia years ago and before he could apply he had to show he had a skill and employment. He has been there for about 30 years and when he comes home to visit he has acquired an Aussie accent.
Now about your Cuban comment..big different since the US passed a law allowing Cubans fleeing Cuba to stay in the country.

Please try to keep up on current and past events.
One final point..didn't Obama promise you could keep your doctor and current health care? Did liberals whine when those promises were not kept?

Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM

62,857 posts, read 29,085,707 times
Quote:
Of course it will pay for itself for the reason I have given? That is a given, but if you still want to stick to a 'bumper sticker' hate Trump mentality be my guest. Its a free country and you can believe what you want.

Now about millions in the US already...simple, pass an 'E-verify' law and it will self deport many.
Programs like Canada and Australia implemented years ago called a 'merit based system'.

I had a nephew who immigrated to Australia years ago and before he could apply he had to show he had a skill and employment. He has been there for about 30 years and when he comes home to visit he has acquired an Aussie accent.
Now about your Cuban comment..big different since the US passed a law allowing Cubans fleeing Cuba to stay in the country.

Please try to keep up on current and past events.
One final point..didn't Obama promise you could keep your doctor and current health care? Did liberals whine when those promises were not kept?
Also they aren't all coming for jobs. Certainly criminals, those from known terrorist countries and the drug runners aren't looking for jobs, thus the wall. The good physical barriers will eliminate one method of coming here illegally and most of them do come through our southern border that way.

Unless we eliminate birthright citizenship for their kids they'll still come without the job incentive also. It's pretty clear that the anti-wall people know that the good walls will deter many of them and that's the reason they don't want them. We weren't born yesterday.

It doesn't matter how the good walls will be funded considering that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year and that's only their fiscal costs. We win either way.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:52 PM

14,214 posts, read 4,582,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Trump's policies appear to be ineffective" -- there's an understatement.
Before or after the libs and pro-illegal immigrant crowd block it?

Old 03-12-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
He had two years to make Mexico pay for the wall like he promised.

You should get a bumper sticker that states that? Seems I have seen this tired old comment for the last two years.

Old 03-12-2019, 05:40 PM

Quote:
You should get a bumper sticker that states that? Seems I have seen this tired old comment for the last two years.
You probably will until he admits he was simply full of crap.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:57 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,282,526 times
Quote:
You probably will until he admits he was simply full of crap.
Your focus is on Trump failing. Our focus is on doing something to curb illegal immigration.

Old 03-13-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Your focus is on Trump failing. Our focus is on doing something to curb illegal immigration.
No it isn't. It's pointed out that Trump is increasing the number of those apprehended and released and the response is "shut up".

Or at least I did until someone deleted it not understanding the relevance. There is no threat to coming over the border when you know all that will
happen is you will be released.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:20 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,282,526 times
Quote:
No it isn't. It's pointed out that Trump is increasing the number of those apprehended and released and the response is "shut up".

Or at least I did until someone deleted it not understanding the relevance. There is no threat to coming over the border when you know all that will
happen is you will be released.

The problem is not "Trumps policies" as much as you wish it was. They are claiming asylum seeker when only a very low number of them qualify, but have to go through the process until vetted hence being released. They're using it as a loophole and overwhelming the system, negatively affecting those running it and the true asylum seekers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration