U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:11 AM

2,885 posts, read 3,019,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Don't let them in in the 1st place.

If caught ILLEGAL entering our country, IMMEDIATELY send them back. No trial, no "detaining", etc.

Amen. This is the answer. If only we could enforce this law and have a sovereign country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 10:46 AM

35,698 posts, read 16,040,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
Amen. This is the answer. If only we could enforce this law and have a sovereign country!
Unfortunately, I think the law still states that if they can make it across our border avoiding a legal port of entry and claim asylum we have to detain them, process them and then release them back into our society never to be seen again. That is a big problem and needs to stop.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:44 PM

8,456 posts, read 10,949,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unfortunately, I think the law still states that if they can make it across our border avoiding a legal port of entry and claim asylum we have to detain them, process them and then release them back into our society never to be seen again. That is a big problem and needs to stop.
100% agreed. Until we approach immigration as a multi-faceted issue that requires more than one solution, all we're doing is sticking our fingers in the leak, waiting for the next one to begin.

I was going to say ****, but I'd probably get yelled at from someone who didn't know that it meant a large wall to hold water back, not the "other" meaning.

Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
100% agreed. Until we approach immigration as a multi-faceted issue that requires more than one solution, all we're doing is sticking our fingers in the leak, waiting for the next one to begin.

I was going to say ****, but I'd probably get yelled at from someone who didn't know that it meant a large wall to hold water back, not the "other" meaning.
Ask yourself this. How many more would have gotten through without the good physical barriers in place already and no they didn't all sneak in some other way. There are links after links proving that they have been very effective where they are already in place. Remain in denial if you wish. If it were so easy to get pass them then why are there thousands from the caravans still waiting in Mexico? The only ones who managed to breach our border are in places where there is inadequate fencing.

Old 03-27-2019, 10:42 PM

2,000 posts, read 2,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The humanitarian crisis is in those broken countries. It should NOT be the US's humanitarian crisis. And the crisis is real and it's an ECONOMIC one. America just can't afford to take in all of these hungry parasites and the parasitic children.

America is NOT a wealthy country. It's citizens and governments are ALL living on credit and week to week. We have NOTHING leftover to give these impoverished, uneducated, non-English speaking breeders. NOTHING at all.

We've got college graduates with massive college loan debts. We have homeowners with their 30-year mortgages and rising property taxes due to rising public education costs who are distressed at the crowded classrooms that their children are in. And yet, liberals would welcome in more DACAs for free, ones that would cost an addition $3K a year to try to teach, on top of that average $15K a year cost for educating each student in grades 1-12. And we already have millions of homeless US citizens. WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF AMERICANS FIRST!!!!!!!!!
Amen to this post. Liberals only want votes. We are already overcrowded. Americans first!

Old 04-02-2019, 01:36 PM

4,870 posts, read 2,728,150 times
Thread title is false. False crisis was manufactured for political purposes.

Old 04-02-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Really? When in our past history have we had hundreds of thousands of foreigners marching up to our border in caravans demanding entry into our country? The month of March alone is surpassing the number of so-called migrants attempting to breach our border or have succeeded in doing so than 10 years ago! We are on target to reach 1 million this year. How does that equate to a manufactured crisis?

Old 04-03-2019, 07:03 PM
exm

2,102 posts, read 682,391 times
I'm a legal immigrant who did everything the legal way (and I'm a proud citizen) and you liberals have no idea how insulting this is: to let people break the law, don't follow the law and then expect sympathy and later amnesty.

DEPORT THEM ALL.

Old 04-03-2019, 07:37 PM

2,000 posts, read 2,109,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Wow...that's amazing! As Jesse Lee Peterson would say. 100's of thousands of illegal aliens trying to push across our border. Record numbers. More caravans coming. Border patrol overwhelmed. And yet there is no crisis according to liberals. 16 million American children go hungry each year. Over 500,000 homeless in America. We need to take care of our own. I cant comprehend the mind of a liberal.

Old 04-04-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Wow...that's amazing! As Jesse Lee Peterson would say. 100's of thousands of illegal aliens trying to push across our border. Record numbers. More caravans coming. Border patrol overwhelmed. And yet there is no crisis according to liberals. 16 million American children go hungry each year. Over 500,000 homeless in America. We need to take care of our own. I cant comprehend the mind of a liberal.
I also don't understand how anyone can say there is no crisis on our southern border based on the facts that you provided above. The only thing I can think of is somehow illegal immigration benefits them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or