U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 10:08 AM

6,225 posts, read 12,564,625 times

Advertisements

Need more proof?

https://rebusinessonline.com/hotel-i...ry-researcher/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...collar-workers

https://www.feedstuffs.com/news/ag-l...dairy-industry

Worker shortage delays Wildhorse groundbreaking | My Columbia Basin

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/S...508132341.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 PM

35,300 posts, read 15,862,819 times
There are a lot of variables here. First off we have way too many hotels and restaurants everywhere and many of those jobs are not full time jobs and only pay minimum wage without benefits. What do we do, continue to import millions of foreigners both legal and illegal so that share holders can continue make big profits or do we take a different path such is putting restrictions on this over building and saturating the market and our neighborhoods with a hamberger joint and hotel on every corner? The more people that are in this country the more it depletes our natural resources, puts added strains on our environment, causes overcrowded and puts more demands on our social resources also.

One of the articles mentions increasing the H-2A Ag visas. I don't think anyone has a problem with that as it brings in legal workers to work on farms on a seasonal and temporary basis. That's the only job that most Americans won't do as a career job. Certainly not city dwellers anyway.

Many American construction workers lost their jobs long ago to the flood of illegal aliens that were hired to work for less and had to move on to other jobs. Deport these illegal aliens and those jobs will open up for a fair wage again. There will be a new crop of young American workers that will take them. Not everyone is cut out for a white collared job, can or wants to go to college. We have always had Americans that prefer to work physical jobs rather than sit at a desk all day.

Let's cut to the chase here. It is never acceptable to hire illegal workers and if all of these employers are claiming a shortage of American workers then let them petition our government about it. We must still keep in mind our population growth though. A smaller economy to fit a smaller population is much healthier in the long run. Everything isn't about the almighty dollar, you know.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are a lot of variables here. First off we have way too many hotels and restaurants everywhere and many of those jobs are not full time jobs and only pay minimum wage without benefits. What do we do, continue to import millions of foreigners both legal and illegal so that share holders can continue make big profits or do we take a different path such is putting restrictions on this over building and saturating the market and our neighborhoods with a hamberger joint and hotel on every corner? The more people that are in this country the more it depletes our natural resources, puts added strains on our environment, causes overcrowded and puts more demands on our social resources also.

One of the articles mentions increasing the H-2A Ag visas. I don't think anyone has a problem with that as it brings in legal workers to work on farms on a seasonal and temporary basis. That's the only job that most Americans won't do as a career job. Certainly not city dwellers anyway.

Many American construction workers lost their jobs long ago to the flood of illegal aliens that were hired to work for less and had to move on to other jobs. Deport these illegal aliens and those jobs will open up for a fair wage again. There will be a new crop of young American workers that will take them. Not everyone is cut out for a white collared job, can or wants to go to college. We have always had Americans that prefer to work physical jobs rather than sit at a desk all day.

Let's cut to the chase here. It is never acceptable to hire illegal workers and if all of these employers are claiming a shortage of American workers then let them petition our government about it. We must still keep in mind our population growth though. A smaller economy to fit a smaller population is much healthier in the long run. Everything isn't about the almighty dollar, you know.
Letís cut to the chase. You refuse to acknowledge that the U.S. economy is facing a serious labor shortage which effects both white and blue collar jobs.

Old 04-15-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Letís cut to the chase. You refuse to acknowledge that the U.S. economy is facing a serious labor shortage which effects both white and blue collar jobs.
It's of their own doing if that's truly the case. I already explained it all to you before.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
It's of their own doing if that's truly the case. I already explained it all to you before.
It IS truly the case, and it’s primarily due to a strong economy and an aging workforce. The birth rate in the U.S. has fallen to the lowest rate since the Great Depression and meanwhile thousands of more baby boomers are retiring every day and hence leaving the labor market. As a result there aren’t enough people to fill the job openings. It has been that way for 12 consecutive months and will continue to exasperate as long as the economy continues to expand.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:38 PM

3,490 posts, read 1,697,835 times
We should import several million dumb, unskilled laborers and baby/welfare factories to fix the problem.

Old 04-15-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
It IS truly the case, and it’s primarily due to a strong economy and an aging workforce. The birth rate in the U.S. has fallen to the lowest rate since the Great Depression and meanwhile thousands of more baby boomers are retiring every day and hence leaving the labor market. As a result there aren’t enough people to fill the job openings. It has been that way for 12 consecutive months and will continue to exasperate as long as the economy continues to expand.
I addressed every single article that you posted and explained why there is not a true labor shortage other than perhaps for some temporary or seasonal workers. We already have visas for most of those jobs. There is no shortage of American workers for full time blue-collared workers at a fair wage.

As I said, we have far too many restaurants and hotels in this country. Instead of continuing to import more "immigrants" for those jobs let them die a natural death if they can't find enough American workers for those jobs (or so they claim). We would be much better off with a smaller population to fit a smaller economy for the many reasons I have described already. You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I addressed every single article that you posted and explained why there is not a true labor shortage other than perhaps for some temporary or seasonal workers. We already have visas for most of those jobs. There is no shortage of American workers for full time blue-collared workers at a fair wage.

As I said, we have far too many restaurants and hotels in this country. Instead of continuing to import more "immigrants" for those jobs let them die a natural death if they can't find enough American workers for those jobs (or so they claim). We would be much better off with a smaller population to fit a smaller economy for the many reasons I have described already. You and I will just have to agree to disagree on this.
Yes, well I hope you can understand that I will elect to take the word of the business community. government reporting, government officials and nationwide media outlets over your unbacked personal opinion. No offense sir.

Old 04-16-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Yes, well I hope you can understand that I will elect to take the word of the business community. government reporting, government officials and nationwide media outlets over your unbacked personal opinion. No offense sir.
Just one last word. All of the above don't care about our environment, struggling Americans, overcrowding, etc. All they care about is making a buck and more votes. They will claim anything to achieve their goals including claiming that illegal aliens are somehow a benefit to all of us. If you choose to believe them then so be it. Our cost of living is very high in this country most of these "immigrants" would be living in poverty here from low wages and we would end up subsidizing them with our taxes while the employers reap bigger profits. They will continue to build more and more requiring more and more workers regardless of the negative impact of increasing our population growth to fill those jobs and importing more and more people to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Old 04-16-2019, 03:10 PM

258 posts, read 36,945 times
Quote:

You want the government to centrally plan the economy and dictate how many businesses exist because you are upset about immigration? What you propose is communism.

You always ignore the cost side of your pay workers more equation. You are basically asking all Americans to end up worse off via higher prices just so a tiny number of American workers can earn more money. You essentially want to use income redistribution to deal with immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or