U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 11:08 AM

26,906 posts, read 15,552,787 times

Advertisements

I think there is a crisis at the border. The problem is there is no one generally accepted idea for fixing it. Far right Republicans want the wall while Democrats want more judges to run nearly immediate asylum cases and then instantly kick them out if they don't have a legitimate claim. Sadly the right has gone too far right for its own good since 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 06:48 PM

111 posts, read 245,910 times
If you want a up to date idea what is going on Mexico's southern border watch this video. Sounds like Trump has got Mexico's attention. Be patient with the video as he had technical difficulties in a small segment of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pOTkb0dr5A

https://www.rktnn.com/

Last edited by Tiger500; 04-20-2019 at 07:18 PM..

Old 04-22-2019, 11:21 PM

3,520 posts, read 1,731,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger500 View Post
If you want a up to date idea what is going on Mexico's southern border watch this video. Sounds like Trump has got Mexico's attention. Be patient with the video as he had technical difficulties in a small segment of the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pOTkb0dr5A

https://www.rktnn.com/
I made it 1/2 way through. Basically Trump has scared Mexico. They are shutting down travel and work visa stations, rounding people up and their version of ICE is deporting them.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:19 AM

12,981 posts, read 19,754,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I made it 1/2 way through. Basically Trump has scared Mexico. They are shutting down travel and work visa stations, rounding people up and their version of ICE is deporting them.
Last month a huge number crossed the border. Whatever it says they are doing, itís not doing much.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:21 AM

59 posts, read 7,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The crisis at the border is a hoax.
Yeah guys, stop ranting about your Republican fantasies. The Dems are gonna win 2020.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
True. Just because someone is dissatisfied with their life in their home country, is not a valid reason to move to our country... especially when they have no money, skills or desire to speak English.

Basically, not being able to buy an iPhone, is not a valid asylum claim.

And if a country has a problem with domestic abuse, I certainly don't want to let in any menfolk from that country. Why would we want to infect our culture with their misogynistic machismo culture?
That's just racist to Mexicans.

Heritage: American
Ethnicity: Chinese
okay...

China is the largest exporter of opium to the world.
Also China's drug problem is worse than the U.S. border's.

Old 04-23-2019, 10:43 AM

There's much more in Mexico than drugs. You should make a thread about the good things about Mexico instead of fake Breitbart-Fox News junk.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:36 PM

35,691 posts, read 16,028,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexj116 View Post
There's much more in Mexico than drugs. You should make a thread about the good things about Mexico instead of fake Breitbart-Fox News junk.
This forum is about illegal immigration into our country not about Mexicans in Mexico. If there is a lot of good in Mexico then why do millions of their citizens flee to our country?

Old 04-23-2019, 03:53 PM

Maybe because of crime, jobs, etc. I get what you're saying, drug exporters from Mexico should be arrested/deported immediately, but a wall is not going to stop immigrants from going to our country. I'm sorry for my views, but I am a liberal and do not support Trump or the wall. In Mexico there are much more drugs than there are being exported from the border.

Old 04-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Also I think it is offensive to degrade immigrants so they are aliens. They are people guys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or