U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2019, 01:29 PM
miu
 
Location: MA/NH
17,076 posts, read 34,421,537 times
Reputation: 16025

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most of these asylum seekers don't qualify for it as their reasons are bogus so it's not their humanitarian crisis but they made it ours since they chose to come here anyway and put a burden on the American taxpayer. Thank God many of them have been made to wait in Mexico even though some managed to cross our border illegally. Mexico offered them jobs but most refused. If they were truly in dire straits they would have accepted that offer. They know however that the U.S. will support them instead if they manage to get into our country. This is precisely why I have no sympathy for them. Those who play the race/skin color should be ashamed of themselves. This about our laws nothing else.
True. Just because someone is dissatisfied with their life in their home country, is not a valid reason to move to our country... especially when they have no money, skills or desire to speak English.

Basically, not being able to buy an iPhone, is not a valid asylum claim.

And if a country has a problem with domestic abuse, I certainly don't want to let in any menfolk from that country. Why would we want to infect our culture with their misogynistic machismo culture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2019, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
2,885 posts, read 3,018,519 times
Reputation: 2034
Remember, there are ICE Officers all across the interior of the U.S. that are tracking, arresting, and deporting illegal aliens. Just because you do not work or live on the Southern Border does not mean you do not see that there is a crisis overloading the U.S. from the Border. Where do you think all those illegal aliens that are being allowed to be detained and then released into the U.S. pending an Immigration hearing with a Federal Judge, where do they go?? 85,000 families with children allowed in with catch & release in the last two months 2019. The Crisis is real because of the lax policy and loophole. These are the facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,311 posts, read 12,619,082 times
Reputation: 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Drugs, Human trafficking, a hoax
The opioid crisis is real but it’s a problem that should be tackled at the source which stems from big pharma peddling highly addictive prescribed pain medication. Latin American drug traffickers are simply capitalizing on the demand that was created by our opioid addiction.

As for human trafficking, it’s a big problem but not a border problem. Last I checked most of it comes through our airports and ports of entry....and most of it is from Asian countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Says a person from Minnesota. If you had the expense of these people in your schools, hospitals, crime and prisons like Texas does you wouldn't feel that way.

Maybe it's the Northern Border you refer to ?
Who flippin’ cares where I reside. Do I have to load up the old pick-up truck and relocate to El Paso to qualify my statement? Is that your ask here sir?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 02:31 PM
 
Location: USA
19,552 posts, read 14,515,669 times
Reputation: 12655
[quote=Cruz Azul Guy;54712827]The opioid crisis is real but itís a problem that should be tackled at the source which stems from big pharma peddling highly addictive prescribed pain medication. Latin American drug traffickers are simply capitalizing on the demand that was created by our opioid addiction.

As for human trafficking, itís a big problem but not a border problem. Last I checked most of it comes through our airports and ports of entry....and most of it is from Asian countries.
/QUOTE]

So those poor drug traffickers are all just Innocents, and there are no Illegals using the border as access. We should be addressing all Major Illegal activities from all sides, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 02:35 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,311 posts, read 12,619,082 times
Reputation: 2899
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

So those poor drug traffickers are all just Innocents, and there are no Illegals using the border as access. We should be addressing all Major Illegal activities from all sides, don't you think?
What the narcos are doing in Mexico is 100 times worse than what they are doing in the U.S.

My only point is that there is no ‘crisis’ happening at the border, nor justification for defying congress to declare it an emergency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 02:57 PM
 
34,119 posts, read 41,028,709 times
Reputation: 29574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Did you read what the OP posted?

He has seen the problem up close. Can you say the same thing?
Well of course hes going to say that to advance his bogus agenda. By the same logic i havent seen this invasion so therefore it doesnt exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 03:37 PM
 
12,740 posts, read 6,099,105 times
Reputation: 10591
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Well of course hes going to say that to advance his bogus agenda. By the same logic i havent seen this invasion so therefore it doesnt exist.
That's right, you haven't seen it since you live in Canada.

The OP has a "bogus agenda"? Why? Just because you say he does?

There is a humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Doubt it? Even newspapers like WaPo have written articles about it.

Take the time to research and learn about it. Then come back here and tell us there is no "humanitarian crisis".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 03:52 PM
 
35,695 posts, read 16,040,329 times
Reputation: 9634
11+ million illegal aliens have managed to breach our border, reside here for years, working jobs they aren't lawfully entitled to and costing us over $100 billion a year, along with thousands in caravans marching up to our border demanding entry. I'd say that fits the definition of an invasion. An invasion is an unwanted/uninvited intrusion.

Trump had every right and reason to declare an emergency since congress won't cooperate by funding the wall that they themselves approved of back in 2006 and has already proven to be very effective on the places where it's already been erected. The 700 miles plus needs to be completed on the most porous areas of our border as promised by congress. It is congress that defied the people and reniged on their promise to do so. This isn't just about drug trafficking there are many more reasons to build it. 30,000 Illegals are still crossing our border every month without a visa. Both problems need to be dealt with not just the visa over stayers.

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-18-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 03:53 PM
 
21,483 posts, read 13,570,971 times
Reputation: 5945
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We are being invaded by 75 thousand a month of killers,drug carriers,people with deseases. and they are all being allowed free entry into USA no questions asked.? Silver Fox Do you really believe this drivel from the president and rightwing sources like Limbaugh/FOX ? its purely made up garbage to scare you into supporting trumps pie in the sky wall,a wall which will do nothing to solve the immigration problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi6YHyO63r0

Jordan Peterson on the Refugee Crisis


Peterson is a psychologist who investigates human emotions. A lot of how we feel is evolutionary and hard wired for sure
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-18-2019, 06:22 PM
 
34,119 posts, read 41,028,709 times
Reputation: 29574
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That's right, you haven't seen it since you live in Canada.

The OP has a "bogus agenda"? Why? Just because you say he does?

There is a humanitarian crisis at the southern border. Doubt it? Even newspapers like WaPo have written articles about it.

Take the time to research and learn about it. Then come back here and tell us there is no "humanitarian crisis".
https://goo.gl/images/5oq6F5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:13 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top