U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:47 PM
 
35,691 posts, read 16,028,555 times
Reputation: 9633

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I will give up here, since it is the internet. I can't give away exactly where I work, but I work for DHS. I have seen everything from the inside and only those working on the Border or where I work can see the Crisis. The news does not report it. So, you can choose to not believe it is a crisis, but I have seen it up close with my own eyes. It is a mess, the illegals know they can enter illegally with children and that is what the influx of illegals is now. The crisis is families entering and being released with children. You have adult males entering with a child too, just to gain entry to the U.S. Catch and release. These are all coming through ports of entry though. With current policy we are not turning illegal subjects back away from the United States. The law and policy needs to change desperately. But, if you do not believe me, I can't do anything about that, this is the internet. 85,000 illegal family entries in two months, you that do not believe there is a crisis can look this fact up. But, I give up trying to prove anything over the internet. I'm 10-7.
I believe you because of our lax policies on illegal immigration and asylum seekers. I thought however, that Mexico had stepped in and most of them were staying on their side of the border to wait their turns for a hearing. Is that no longer the case?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:48 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkf747 View Post
The hoax is 75,000 a month claiming asylum.
Building a wall wonít affect this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:52 PM
 
35,691 posts, read 16,028,555 times
Reputation: 9633
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
1) You are deliberately blurring the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former have obeyed our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here. The latter, no matter where in the world they are from, no matter what race, religion or ethnicity they are, all have one thing in common and that is this --- they all have no business being here and need to leave.

2) Expecting those who want to come here to do so in accordance with our immigration laws is not "immigrant hatred". So...

3) There has been nothing written in this "message board" that amounts to "immigrant hatred".
Exactly, those that are making such false claims might want to take that chip off their shoulder for their ethnic group. We have no problem with their ethnic group coming her legally, it's those coming here illegally or making bogus asylum claims that we object to either way there is no hatred involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 12:55 PM
 
35,691 posts, read 16,028,555 times
Reputation: 9633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Building a wall wonít affect this.
Building a wall will help deter those not presenting themselves at a port of entry aka entering illegally. The good walls have already proven to be very effective. I have posted many links proving it along with the sentiments of the Border Patrol and Homeland Security. Did you miss them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Building a wall will help deter those not presenting themselves at a port of entry aka entering illegally. The good walls have already proven to be very effective. I have posted many links proving it along with the sentiments of the Border Patrol and Homeland Security. Did you miss them?
Nah, if someone wants to enter outside of a port of entry a wall won’t stop them. They’ll climb over, tunnel under, breech the wall, or go around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:11 PM
 
4,469 posts, read 1,159,740 times
Reputation: 2055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I will give up here, since it is the internet. I can't give away exactly where I work, but I work for DHS. I have seen everything from the inside and only those working on the Border or where I work can see the Crisis. The news does not report it. So, you can choose to not believe it is a crisis, but I have seen it up close with my own eyes. It is a mess, the illegals know they can enter illegally with children and that is what the influx of illegals is now. The crisis is families entering and being released with children. You have adult males entering with a child too, just to gain entry to the U.S. Catch and release. These are all coming through ports of entry though. With current policy we are not turning illegal subjects back away from the United States. The law and policy needs to change desperately. But, if you do not believe me, I can't do anything about that, this is the internet. 85,000 illegal family entries in two months, you that do not believe there is a crisis can look this fact up. But, I give up trying to prove anything over the internet. I'm 10-7.
You can tell it until you are blue in the face but many people are so twisted up about who is sitting in the WH that facts don't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:17 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You can tell it until you are blue in the face but many people are so twisted up about who is sitting in the WH that facts don't matter.
My my, very quick to make assumptions are we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:28 PM
 
4,469 posts, read 1,159,740 times
Reputation: 2055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My my, very quick to make assumptions are we?
Were your ears burning?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:39 PM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
31,556 posts, read 36,208,380 times
Reputation: 37861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Building a wall won’t affect this.
Immigration and the other actual experts who deal with the problem along the Border say you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
6,307 posts, read 12,617,191 times
Reputation: 2894
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Were your ears burning?
I canít speak for the 53% of Americans who disapprove of our president. I can only speak for myself. I personally think that border security is important but effective border security doesnít require a wasteful wall. This opinion hasnít changed from prior years.

I also believe that funding for this needs to get approved by congress and I find the attempt to take funds by declaring a national emergency to be an abuse by the executive branch...and both the Senate and House agree with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top