U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 01:45 PM

6,314 posts, read 12,622,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Immigration and the other actual experts who deal with the problem along the Border say you are wrong.
says the real estate agent....

I appreciate the expert advice sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 01:49 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,164,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I canít speak for the 53% of Americans who disapprove of our president. I can only speak for myself. I personally think that border security is important but effective border security doesnít require a wasteful wall. This opinion hasnít changed from prior years.

I also believe that funding for this needs to get approved by congress and I find the attempt to take funds by declaring a national emergency to be an abuse by the executive branch...and both the Senate and House agree with me.
Then Congress needs to do its job by changing laws and funding to address the current type of illegal immigration. The administration is responsible for neither of these things.

Old 03-19-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Then Congress needs to do its job by changing laws and funding to address the current type of illegal immigration. The administration is responsible for neither of these things.
What is the specific law and funding change youíre seeking?

Old 03-19-2019, 02:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,164,883 times
Quote:
What is the specific law and funding change you’re seeking?
The ability to hold children/families for longer than 20 days for one. Keep them together and held or return them to where they came from. Just like the poster I responded to indicated. Provide enough funding to cover it.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The ability to hold children/families for longer than 20 days for one. Keep them together and held or return them to where they came from. Just like the poster I responded to indicated. Provide enough funding to cover it.
Let’s say that what you state is funded and approved, then what? That does nothing to address the flow of people coming to the US border to seek asylum.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 03-19-2019 at 03:43 PM..

Old 03-19-2019, 02:55 PM

12,753 posts, read 6,105,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I will give up here, since it is the internet. I can't give away exactly where I work, but I work for DHS. I have seen everything from the inside and only those working on the Border or where I work can see the Crisis. The news does not report it. So, you can choose to not believe it is a crisis, but I have seen it up close with my own eyes. It is a mess, the illegals know they can enter illegally with children and that is what the influx of illegals is now. The crisis is families entering and being released with children. You have adult males entering with a child too, just to gain entry to the U.S. Catch and release. These are all coming through ports of entry though. With current policy we are not turning illegal subjects back away from the United States. The law and policy needs to change desperately. But, if you do not believe me, I can't do anything about that, this is the internet. 85,000 illegal family entries in two months, you that do not believe there is a crisis can look this fact up. But, I give up trying to prove anything over the internet. I'm 10-7.
Thank you for your posts in this thread.

It's appalling at the number of pro-illegal immigration/invasion cheerleaders who refuse to believe what is happening at the border. When they are told to do their own research, they refuse to do so. Instead, they come back with smart a$$ comments.

I, for one, thank you for the work you do at the border! I have a cousin who is a retired BP agent so I'm well aware as to how hard you all work.

Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you for your posts in this thread.

It's appalling at the number of pro-illegal immigration/invasion cheerleaders who refuse to believe what is happening at the border. When they are told to do their own research, they refuse to do so. Instead, they come back with smart a$$ comments.

I, for one, thank you for the work you do at the border! I have a cousin who is a retired BP agent so I'm well aware as to how hard you all work.
Yes it is pretty appalling that someone would offer a dissenting opinion to yours. You should go to your senator or representative to discuss removal of the first amendment to nip that problem in the bud.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:10 PM

12,753 posts, read 6,105,260 times
Quote:
Yes it is pretty appalling that someone would offer a dissenting opinion to yours. You should go to your senator or representative to discuss removal of the first amendment to nip that problem in the bud.
Where did I say that the first amendment needs to be removed?

Answer: Nowhere did I ever say that.

Sorry if you were distressed by what I had to say. First amendment and all, you know...

Old 03-19-2019, 04:11 PM

1,386 posts, read 620,332 times
Quote:
The only crisis is pervasive immigrant hatred our country faces. Iíd like to present exhibit A for the record....this message board.

Typical liberal response in an attempt to shut down debate. It's not working any longer because people are sick of the double standard (triple standard actually) liberals demand we all live by.

The only thing I absolutely abhor about illegals is their flagrant approach to knowingly breaking our laws, and the left's continual defense of such. They put the needs of illegals before the protection of Americans.

Thank goodness we have Trump fighting for our safety.

Old 03-19-2019, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Where did I say that the first amendment needs to be removed?

Answer: Nowhere did I ever say that.

Sorry if you were distressed by what I had to say. First amendment and all, you know...
You’re entitled to your opinion and the fact that it differs from mine is not appaling, due to our freedom of speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or