U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:17 PM

6,151 posts, read 12,529,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Typical liberal response in an attempt to shut down debate. It's not working any longer because people are sick of the double standard (triple standard actually) liberals demand we all live by.

The only thing I absolutely abhor about illegals is their flagrant approach to knowingly breaking our laws, and the left's continual defense of such. They put the needs of illegals before the protection of Americans.

Thank goodness we have Trump fighting for our safety.
Why the labeling? I voted for W in 2000 and he supported comprehensive immigration reform, by the way.

George W Bush > Trump and it isn’t even close
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 04:25 PM

1,356 posts, read 607,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Why the labeling? I voted for W in 2000 and he supported comprehensive immigration reform, by the way.

George W Bush > Trump and it isnít even close

Dog whistle for amnesty. If Congress had upheld the policies and laws enacted in the 1986 "immigration reform" bill passed by Reagan, we wouldn't be in this mess, and Americans may have been willing to consider reform. Of course that didn't happen, so here we are. Now most people simply roll their eyes when they hear that type of rhetoric from politicians.

George Bush was a weak President. Trump = strength

Old 03-19-2019, 04:34 PM

12,495 posts, read 5,975,909 times
Quote:
Youíre entitled to your opinion and the fact that it differs from mine is not appaling, due to our freedom of speech.
What is "appalling" is that there are those who refuse to see that the crisis at the US border is, indeed, real.

AFAIK, there is no one telling you that you can't say what you want, is there?

Old 03-19-2019, 04:56 PM

7,293 posts, read 12,054,337 times
Quote:
I canít speak for the 53% of Americans who disapprove of our president. I can only speak for myself. I personally think that border security is important but effective border security doesnít require a wasteful wall. This opinion hasnít changed from prior years.

I also believe that funding for this needs to get approved by congress and I find the attempt to take funds by declaring a national emergency to be an abuse by the executive branch...and both the Senate and House agree with me.

Thanks for parroting the CNN talking points of the day.....

Old 03-19-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Thanks for parroting the CNN talking points of the day.....
I wouldnít know. I donít have cable and donít watch TV.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:28 PM

35,029 posts, read 15,768,534 times
Quote:
I canít speak for the 53% of Americans who disapprove of our president. I can only speak for myself. I personally think that border security is important but effective border security doesnít require a wasteful wall. This opinion hasnít changed from prior years.

I also believe that funding for this needs to get approved by congress and I find the attempt to take funds by declaring a national emergency to be an abuse by the executive branch...and both the Senate and House agree with me.
Your opinion isn't what counts only the facts do and the facts are that where the good physical barriers are in place they have cut back illegal entry by 90%. I have posted several links proving it. So just how is the wall wasteful? They haven't been tunneled under nor climbed over successfully. Are you of the opinion that unless they stop illegal entry 100% they are useless? We are only talking about completing it on the most porous areas of the border forcing illegal aliens to try and enter at more dangerous and difficult areas so fewer will try and fewer will succeed and the Border Patrol can focus their efforts in those areas.

Both the Border Patrol and Homeland Security say they are very effective and well needed to deter illegal entry, help them do their jobs more effectively and to help protect them from these intruders. Would you deny them their safety?

Comprehensive Reform isn't reform at all it's amnesty once again. We tried that back in 1986 and today we have at least quadruple the number of illegal aliens here. Americans need their jobs back and we need to alleviate the crowded conditions and added demands on our social and natural resources that they have created. Rewarding law breakers never makes sense.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Letís say that what you state is funded and approved, then what? That does nothing to address the flow of people coming to the US border to seek asylum.
It does however address the 30,000 that are entering our border illegally every month without a visa and without coming to a legal port of entry. That's no small potatoes.

Old 03-20-2019, 07:48 AM

As I’ve stated before, if the US truly wanted to end illegal immigration it could reform its immigration system to allow legal immigration to match the current and future needs for our economy and workforce, protect the border with satelite/camera surveillance, drones and an increase in border patrol personnel and to stop the employment of undocumented workers by passing a national mandate on E-verify after requiring every state to participate in the RIDE program. Problem solved.

If we wanted to overkill it it all hospitals could be required to prove legal status prior to admitting patients and schools could be required to prove legal status prior to admitting students.

Finally, anyone soliciting labor in a Home Depot parking lot will be arrested for ‘solicitation’ which would result in the same penalty as soliciting a prostitute.

But.....let’s give the DACA kids a pathway to citizenship because we need more young healthy workers to help displace all the baby boomer retirees

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 03-20-2019 at 07:58 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
As I’ve stated before, if the US truly wanted to end illegal immigration it could reform its immigration system to allow legal immigration to match the current and future needs for our economy and workforce, protect the border with satelite/camera surveillance, drones and an increase in border patrol personnel and to stop the employment of undocumented workers by passing a national mandate on E-verify after requiring every state to participate in the RIDE program. Problem solved.

If we wanted to overkill it it all hospitals could be required to prove legal status prior to admitting patients and schools could be required to prove legal status prior to admitting students.

Finally, anyone soliciting labor in a Home Depot parking lot will be arrested for ‘solicitation’ which would result in the same penalty as soliciting a prostitute.

But.....let’s give the DACA kids a pathway to citizenship because we need more young healthy workers to help displace all the baby boomer retirees
There is no need to increase our quotas for legal immigration specifically for the poor, unskilled and uneducated. We have no need for them. If there is a future need for any legal immigrants why would we increase our quotas now?

None of your solutions to deter illegal entry stops them until after they get into our country and then they claim asylum and we are stuck with them till they get a hearing and that could take weeks or months while they disappear into our country never to be seen again. The only thing that deters them from entering in the first place are the good physical barriers. I have stated this over and over with links to back it up. E-verify will not stop them from being paid cash to work and not all illegals are coming here to work anyway. There is the criminal element and those from know terrorist countries to consider. Also, unless we end birthright citizenship and benefits through them they will still come.

I do agree on hospitals having the right to ask for legal status in our country before treating them however that's never going to happen as the backlash from a humanitarian stand point would be enormous. Unless the law changes (and it should) we are also obligated to educate illegal aliens.

I don't think that LE has the time to police Home Deport and anywhere else that illegals hang out looking for work. That would take a tremendous amount of man power. That is why deterring them at the border in the first place is the best way to reduce illegal immigration and good physical barriers are very effective in doing that.

I disagree on the DACAs. We have plenty of our own young people needing jobs and resources that will replace retiring Americans. We don't need to replace the entire baby boomer generation a smaller population down the road is healthier for our country. The economy would adjust Also it sets a presidence that all you have to do is sneak your kids across our border and you and they will be rewarded for it. They've done nothing to earn our citizenship. They need to return to their countries along with their parents and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no need to increase our quotas for legal immigration specifically for the poor, unskilled and uneducated. We have no need for them. If there is a future need for any legal immigrants why would we increase our quotas now?

None of your solutions to deter illegal entry stops them until after they get into our country and then they claim asylum and we are stuck with them till they get a hearing and that could take weeks or months while they disappear into our country never to be seen again. The only thing that deters them from entering in the first place are the good physical barriers. I have stated this over and over with links to back it up. E-verify will not stop them from being paid cash to work and not all illegals are coming here to work anyway. There is the criminal element and those from know terrorist countries to consider. Also, unless we end birthright citizenship and benefits through them they will still come.

I do agree on hospitals having the right to ask for legal status in our country before treating them however that's never going to happen as the backlash from a humanitarian stand point would be enormous. Unless the law changes (and it should) we are also obligated to educate illegal aliens.

I don't think that LE has the time to police Home Deport and anywhere else that illegals hang out looking for work. That would take a tremendous amount of man power. That is why deterring them at the border in the first place is the best way to reduce illegal immigration and good physical barriers are very effective in doing that.

I disagree on the DACAs. We have plenty of our own young people needing jobs and resources that will replace retiring Americans. We don't need to replace the entire baby boomer generation a smaller population down the road is healthier for our country. The economy would adjust Also it sets a presidence that all you have to do is sneak your kids across our border and you and they will be rewarded for it. They've done nothing to earn our citizenship. They need to return to their countries along with their parents and apply to come back legally as legal immigrants do.
A reasonable discussion can’t be had with you because you fail to acknowledge the laws of economics plus the current economic climate of the US. If there was no need for low skill immigrant labor than there wouldn’t be 11 million undocumented immigrants currently living and working in the US. The vast majority of them come here to work. That is an undisputable fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or