U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 09:17 AM

21,561 posts, read 21,502,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
I believe in free markets, including a free market in labor. Freedom does not end at an imaginary line on a map. Undocumented immigrants should be allowed to stay and live their lives in peace.
I Imagine you are living in a John Lennon song. I may say you are a dreamer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2019, 09:21 AM

32,282 posts, read 59,358,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Say no to illegal immigration it's against the law and for good reasons.
Sarcasm. Embrace it.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:41 PM

241 posts, read 394,163 times
I heard one liberal said America is all immigrants and we should welcome anyone from around the world in and the borders should be wide open.

Someone said that we have all this land we should tear it down and build communities for illegal immigrants.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:45 PM

35,706 posts, read 16,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Sarcasm. Embrace it.
I happen to know that the poster wasn't being sarcastic. They were serious.

Old 03-18-2019, 12:59 PM

35,706 posts, read 16,045,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I heard one liberal said America is all immigrants and we should welcome anyone from around the world in and the borders should be wide open.

Someone said that we have all this land we should tear it down and build communities for illegal immigrants.
These are the type of people who will destroy our country if they gain any real power in our country. The U.S. is not all immigrants our native born citizens way out numbers our immigrant population. We do welcome 1 million legal immigrants a year but anyone with common sense knows there has to be limits and that's why we have them.

Not even sure what tearing down the land means. Illegal aliens don't have a lawful right to reside here so why would we build communities for them? I never cease to be amazed by the liberals and ethnocentrics who let their emotions rule their heads instead of their brains. Why would they want to do this to our country?

Old 03-23-2019, 11:01 AM

3,149 posts, read 1,559,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Technically you are the government.
Once upon a time the government didn't care about civil rights, the environment, child labor, the disabled, etc. It took citizens protesting, making their voices heard, lobbying, etc.

I agree...now it seems some in government are more concerned about the welfare of illegal aliens than they are about legal citizens.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:32 AM

76,864 posts, read 32,867,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
I agree...now it seems some in government are more concerned about the welfare of illegal aliens than they are about legal citizens.
So, does that mean you support new social programs to help the homeless?

Old 03-24-2019, 07:20 AM

1,059 posts, read 246,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
I believe in free markets, including a free market in labor. Freedom does not end at an imaginary line on a map. Undocumented immigrants should be allowed to stay and live their lives in peace.
How about that imaginary line surrounding the threshold of where you live? Once people who like your house get through your front door, they are free to live their lives in that space. By the way, you have to continue to pay your rent or mortgage, but now you must buy their food and attend to their medical needs. Remember, they are the noble travelers and deserve a comfortable life at your expense..

Old 03-24-2019, 07:25 AM

15,422 posts, read 6,073,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why wouldn't that poster?

Old 03-24-2019, 11:26 AM

3,149 posts, read 1,559,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

Pouring billions of dollars to help the homeless hasn't worked so why start anew?

Most homeless are either drug/alcohol addicted, mentally ill or have chosen homelessness as a way of life. Few actually want help. The others who do want help, there are numerous government and non government programs to assist to help them back into society. I would say at this time very few of the government programs has done much to eradicate homeless because the homeless camping on our city back streets has increased.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or