U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 08:37 PM

1,469 posts, read 359,905 times

Advertisements

Maybe I had posted in the wrong thread but there's that article from the Daily Mail where an African cardinal named Robert Sarah talk some mass migration in Europe. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-SLAVERY.html

Quote:
An African cardinal has branded mass migration a 'new form of slavery'.

Cardinal Robert Sarah, touted by many to succeed Pope Francis as the next pontiff, said in a new interview with French publication Valeurs Actuelles that the Church should oppose migration.

'It is a false exegesis to use the Word of God to promote migration. God never wanted these rifts,' Cardinal Robert Sarah said.

'All migrants who arrive in Europe are penniless, without work, without dignity...This is what the Church wants?' he asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2019, 08:56 AM

12,920 posts, read 19,622,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Maybe I had posted in the wrong thread but there's that article from the Daily Mail where an African cardinal named Robert Sarah talk some mass migration in Europe. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...m-SLAVERY.html
I agree with the part about it being modern day slavery. I have said so myself on this forum many times.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:37 AM

4,186 posts, read 1,197,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I have spoken to a few of these people I always ask the same question what should we do about people who cross our border and live here illegally.

One told me their idea was if they get past the border they should be left to live out a normal life. That seems ridiculous to me.

I would like to hear from someone who post here who supports the "Undocumented Immigrant" what they think should be done about immigration.
We should build housing in liberal neighborhoods and start a program to place them in the homes of the liberals who have those "We're glad you're our neighbor signs" in their all-white neighborhoods. They'll get used to the all-night beer parties and music blaring at all hours of the night pretty quickly. And as a bonus, they can get their toilets cleaned and a new roof put on for pennies on the dollar, so they won't have to pay American workers a decent wage.

Old 04-07-2019, 06:48 AM

75,637 posts, read 32,346,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
We should build housing in liberal neighborhoods and start a program to place them in the homes of the liberals who have those "We're glad you're our neighbor signs" in their all-white neighborhoods. They'll get used to the all-night beer parties and music blaring at all hours of the night pretty quickly. And as a bonus, they can get their toilets cleaned and a new roof put on for pennies on the dollar, so they won't have to pay American workers a decent wage.
Why not give them the homes of the businessmen that employ them?

Old 04-13-2019, 06:31 PM

7,758 posts, read 2,255,146 times
The problem with the OP's question is that no one will openly admit that they are for crime. Many however, have no problem with being the silent partner. That, or well it isn't hurting me so I guess it is a victimless crime. Do nothing.

On this forum like in DC. Illegal immigration is about party agenda and how it can be manipulated by the major parties. Look at the many thousands of posts here. You have your party hardliners who will regurgitate party rhetoric and refuse any form of compromise. Just like DC.

The advantage of being an ex-pat is that I can tune out the 2 major parties. I get to see news reported from a different perspective of that of CNN or Fox or MSNBC.

Many foreigners look at American politics like it is a reality TV show. I can't tell you how many times I am asked if Americans really think like that. hahaha. I tell them you have many kinds of Americans and many opinions but if you must you can collate them into 3 big groups. That's how we got stuck with a choice between Hillary and Trump.
GOP hardliners, Democrat hardliners, and hostages.The hardliners from the 2 major parties out number the hostages . The hostages are those of us who understand that compromise isn't about selling out the party but finding a workable solution that benefits our nation.

Old 04-13-2019, 06:35 PM

7,758 posts, read 2,255,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why not give them the homes of the businessmen that employ them?
Also the homes of the cheap skates that troll Home Depot parking lots? The greedy land lords who allow 3 or 4 families to live in single family dwellings?

I know that many struggle to understand that it isn't only Conservatives that own businesses or hire illegals. I would wager that in very blue California more democrats do it than Republicans.

Old 04-13-2019, 08:02 PM

33,618 posts, read 9,990,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The problem with the OP's question is that no one will openly admit that they are for crime. Many however, have no problem with being the silent partner. That, or well it isn't hurting me so I guess it is a victimless crime. Do nothing.

On this forum like in DC. Illegal immigration is about party agenda and how it can be manipulated by the major parties. Look at the many thousands of posts here. You have your party hardliners who will regurgitate party rhetoric and refuse any form of compromise. Just like DC.

The advantage of being an ex-pat is that I can tune out the 2 major parties. I get to see news reported from a different perspective of that of CNN or Fox or MSNBC.

Many foreigners look at American politics like it is a reality TV show. I can't tell you how many times I am asked if Americans really think like that. hahaha. I tell them you have many kinds of Americans and many opinions but if you must you can collate them into 3 big groups. That's how we got stuck with a choice between Hillary and Trump.
GOP hardliners, Democrat hardliners, and hostages.The hardliners from the 2 major parties out number the hostages . The hostages are those of us who understand that compromise isn't about selling out the party but finding a workable solution that benefits our nation.

Horse feathers.

We don't need to "compromise" with respect to illegal aliens. There is still and always has been a legal path to U.S. citizenship. Because an increasing number of aliens choose not to avail themselves of that, and choose to enter this country illegally, doesn't mean that we need to accommodate it.

There is nothing arguable about violating our borders. Yes, some things really are black or white, right or wrong.

Old Yesterday, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Also the homes of the cheap skates that troll Home Depot parking lots? The greedy land lords who allow 3 or 4 families to live in single family dwellings?

I know that many struggle to understand that it isn't only Conservatives that own businesses or hire illegals. I would wager that in very blue California more democrats do it than Republicans.
Very few want to stop the cheap labor.

Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM

6,207 posts, read 12,545,844 times
Quote:

Im not trying to derail the conversation but to your point about multiple families living in a SFH....please explain to me why you would care about something like this? Especially at a time when rents are skyrocketing in major cities across the country. Id rather have low income folks splitting rent than living on the streets. Wouldnt you?

Old Yesterday, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Im not trying to derail the conversation but to your point about multiple families living in a SFH....please explain to me why you would care about something like this? Especially at a time when rents are skyrocketing in major cities across the country. Id rather have low income folks splitting rent than living on the streets. Wouldnt you?
The point is........many times the landlord understands at times that many of the people are here illegally. They are happy to take their money. What happens to rent prices if 10-20-30 million people up and left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or